Chapter 46 The Offer

Yozora woke up inside of Onui's workshop. He looked to his side and saw Onui sleeping peacefully. He sensed the ki in the building to know that everyone was asleep.

"Hurry! Hurry! Yozora, hurry to the Demon Slayer Corps headquarters."

A kasugai crow was flying around the workshop. Yozora grabbed his sword and ran out. If it was that important to rush to the headquarters it must have been urgent.

Yozora soon arrived at the Demon Slayer Corps headquarters. He walked to Ubayashiki's chambers. When he did he was met with not only Ubuyashiki, but with the pillars.

"Yozora, i'm glad you could make it

"Yozora, i'm glad you could make it. I'm sorry that i summoned you on such short notice."

Everyone took a knee as they heard Ubuyashiki speak. His voice was soothing to them. Though for some reason, to Yozora, Onui's voice was more soothing to him.

"It was no trouble, Oyakata-sama. I'm honored that you would call on a person like me."

Ubuyashiki smiled, he was happy to know that Yozora has been growing. He was informed by Rengoku about their mission. So he decided to take action.

"As you all may know, Rengoku and Yozora came back from a very difficult mission. They fought a demon that continued to live even when they decapitated it."

The other pillars were surprised to hear this. A demon that survived decapitation. That would certainly cause trouble if another one were to appear.

"My children, our main goal is to defeat Kibutsuji. However, we cannot just simply ignore Takasugi Shinsuke. He has been harboring demons and feeding innocent people to them. Therefore, should any of you encounter the man, you must stop him on sight."

"As you wish, Oyakata-sama."

Everyone answered in unison to Ubuyashiki's orders. Though there was one thing some of the pillars did not understand. Soon, Sanemi was the one to speak up as he saw Yozora.

"Pardon my rudeness Oyakata-sama, but why is this boy here. Surely this mission should only be given to a pillar. I simply can't see why he should be involved. This isn't a game, the last thing we need is to babysit some kid who's always ending up having to recover from every mission."

Ubuyashiki saw the looks of the other pillars. While some were ok with this idea, he could tell the others were a bit apprehensive. Though someone decided to voice their own opinion on the matter.

"Fellow pillars, I humbly ask that you accept Yozora! He is stronger than he may appear to you."

Everyone soon turned their heads to the one who spoke. They saw Rengoku having a wide smile on his face as he stood up.

"During the last mission, i may have decapitated the demon but it was only thanks to young Yozora's help. In fact, he was the one who weakened it so much for me to be able to kill it."

Most of the pillars were surprised to hear this. To see Rengoku praise someone so highly after just one mission together was not an easy feat. Soon afterwords, Muichiro spoke up.

"I agree with Rengoku. You may not know it, but Yozora is very talented. Its thanks to him i even regained some of my memories. Plus..........i won't let anyone who hasn't seen his strength doubt him."

"Rengoku-san.....Muichiro........"

Yozora was surprised to see Muichiro and Rengoku stand up for him. To be honest, he never really thought highly of himself since all he cared about was being able to survive and help others. While he was in a state of shock, Shinobu also spoke up.

"I understand how the others feel. Seeing a person they don't know anything about would make anyone nervous. But i will say this, Yozora is no ordinary swordsmen. Sure he may be reckless, stubborn, and a bit too nice, but in my eyes he is someone who i'm proud to know. So please don't make such assumptions, Shinazugawa-san."

Soon everyone's face was filled with surpise. Out of all people, Shinobu stood up for Yozora. He was happy to see three people he cared for think so highly of him. However, Ubuyashiki but a finger near his lips to signal everyone to be silent for a moment.

"My children, i believe that Yozora is qualified to stand alongside you. In just one month he's killed 53 demons,defeated the God of Calamity Rabo, and even gave us info on our current situation. Yozora, i'm glad you showed respect and held your tongue before your seniors but do not be afraid to voice some of your thoughts."

"As you wish Oyakata-sama."

Ubuyashiki smiled and nodded at the boy. Soon he faced his pillars as he had more to say.

"Sanemi, i understand why you asked that question earlier. Though understand, Yozora is my child just like all of you. I believe in his potential, so please do not give up on this generation of Demon Slayers so quickly."

"As you wish, Oyakata-sama."

Ubuyashiki looked at Rengoku with a questioning look. Rengoku instantly knew what he wanted to address so he held his tongue. Ubuyashiki then decided that the time has come.

"Yozora, you have grown so much after first arriving. You've been a great influence to many and you've shown great progress as a Demon Slayer. To slay over 50 demons in just a month of joining. It certainly shows your strength and hard work. That's why i'll ask you here and now."

Yozora was nervous about what would happen. Muichiro and Shinobu were also a bit nervous. Though Rengoku couldn't smile any wider at this moment. Soon the question Ubuyashiki was about to ask was revealed.

"Will you be the Demon Slayer Corps' Moon Pillar? The 10th Hashira."