Chapter 95 Trial Pt.2

Yozora looks at the boy he just punched to the ground. He had a whole mixture of feelings inside him. Rage, envy, sadness, and regret. These emotions were all that was flooding his being. As he looked at Tanjiro, Yozora suddenly felt a familiar ki nearby.

"So good of you to come, my beloved children."

There it was, that voice that calmed down any person who heard it. Yozora felt his own temper slowly fade away as he heard it. The man who helped him start on his path when he lost everything.

"Good morning, everyone. The weather is amazingly good today. I wonder if the sky is blue. It pleases me that we could all make it to the semiannual Hashira Meeting with no personnel change."

As Tanjiro looked at the man he began to wonder. Was the man wounded? Was he ill? He grew curious of the man who is the leader of the Demon Slayer Corps. However, what Tanjiro didn't even know was that he was already being held by the back of his head and forced to bow to him. When he looks back he sees it was Yozora holding him down.

"So fast, i didn't even notice i was already on the ground. Was this boy really at the Final Selection along with me?"

As Tanjiro looked to his sides, he noticed all the other Hashira are taking a knee. While this happened, Sanemi lifts his head to speak up.

"I am pleased to see you are in good health, as well, Oyakata-sama. I fervently pray for your continued good fortune."

Ubuyashiki smiled as he heard these words. As he spoke words of gratitude towards Sanemi, Yozora was wondering about what to do with the situation of Tanjiro being accompanied by a demon. As he was thinking, Sanemi spoke up.

"If i may.....Before we start the Hashira Meeting, would you mind enlightening us about this swordsman, Tanjiro Kamado, accompanied by a demon."

"That's right. I apologize for startling you all. About Tanjiro and Nezuko......i have sanctioned their situation. And i also wish for you all to accept it."

All the pillars were lost in thought as they took the time to process this. The first to recover from this was Himejima as he puts his hands together.

"Even if it's something that you desire, Oyakata-sama, i cannot agree to it."

Soon Uzui stood up as he pointed towards himself. After giving it his thought he arrived at his own answer as well.

"I'm flamboyantly opposed, as well. A Demon Slayer with a demon is unacceptable."

Soon most of the pillars voiced their opinions. Mitsuri was willing to list to Ubuyashiki's wishes, Muichiro didn't care either way, Rengoku and Obanai also disagreed. Though only ones who haven't voiced their opinion were Shinobu, Giyuu, and Yozora. Soon Sanemi spoke up as well.

"The Demon Slayer Corps' mission is to annihilate demons. I request that you penalize both Kamado and Tomioka."

As Ubuyashiki heard their words, he noticed something. Yozora didn't say anything, yet the boy seemed to had something he wanted to say. Soon he decided to help Yozora to not hold himself back.

"Yozora, no one will judge you for your opinion. No matter what you say, you will still be Yozora, The Tenth Hashira. So don't hold yourself back. Because just like everyone else, you are one of my beloved children."

As Yozora looked up, he saw Ubuyashiki smiling. It was always like this, Ubuyashiki's voice always was soothing to him. In his darkest moments, Yozora knew he could count on him. After taking a deep breath, Yozora spoke up.

"I will not mince words, Oyakata-sama. I have only just met Kamado and he already disgusts me. Just saying his name fills me with rage. Everyone here has suffered from demons just like he has, and yet he has the nerve to claim us as the bad guys when he brings a demon to the corps. Listen closely, Tanjiro Kamado, every single person has a story to tell. For you to waltz in here with a demon and to expect us to just look the other way because it benefits you......it is the height of hubris."

Everyone was silent as Yozora spoke these words. Tanjiro couldn't say anything, he knew Yozora's words had merit. It's true, these people must have joined the corps because they too were victims of demons just like him. When he thinks about it from Yozora's perspective, he could see why the boy was mad.

"Oyakata-sama, i do not trust Kamado at this moment of time and i may never will. However, you gave trash like me a chance and you gave me a purpose. When you make a decision, it isn't because of the spur of the moment. You would never do things without a reason. That's why, instead of believing in Kamado, i will believe in you. Should you decide he be punished, then i shall side with you. Should you decide he'd be pardoned, i shall side with you. Oyakata-sama, i will trust in your words of the matter."

Rengoku and Muichiro had a small smile as it seemed that Yozora started to calm down a bit. They were worried about him since they knew that his recent behavior wasn't like him at all. Soon Ubuyashiki told his children to bring a letter, as they did one of them read it aloud. The letter stated that Nezuko has not devoured a single human ever since turning to a demon. It also stated that if she ever does eat a human, the former pillar Urokodaki, Giyuu Tomika, and Tanjiro Kamado would all be forced to commit seppuku.

After hearing this, Tanjiro started to feel tears flowing from his eyes. He was grateful to both Urokodaki and Giyuu. He had no idea that they're risking their lives just for him and Nezuko. However, Sanemi still wore a frown upon his face.

"So what if they commit seppuku? If they're gonna die, they can rot to death for all i care. Its not guaranteed, not by a long shot!!!"

"Shinazugawa is right! If she kills and eats a human, there is no going back! It won't bring back the people who were killed!"

Rengoku agreed with Sanemi. Even though multiple people did this for the demon and Tanjiro, there was no guarantee of their safety. However, they were caught off guard by an unexpected objection.

"I'm sorry Rengoku-san, Sanemi. Though it's true that we can't guarantee she will not consume a human, the opposite is the same as well. We can't prove that she will devour a human either."

Tanjiro's eyes widened when he heard these words. Because the owner of those words was none other than the boy who was restraining him. As Yozora spoke he looked at the two pillars.

"I'm not siding with Kamado, not in the slightest. However, i am choosing to believe in Oyakata-sama's decision. Though i will be honest, even i am skeptical about all this. That is why, i think we should put the demon Nezuko's resolve to the test."

Tanjiro had a look of shock on his face. Sanemi smirked as took the box that held Nezuko with him and was suddenly far behind Ubuyashiki in the shade. As Tanjiro looked frightened, he looked at Yozora's face. He saw Yozora's eyes turned blue and cat like. But what terrified him was the smile on his face.

"You're her big brother, you of all people should have faith in her. Right, Tanjiro Kamado?"

..........................................................................
Well that about covers it for this chapter. Hope you enjoyed it. Also a little announcement, i made a Toilet Bound Hanako-kun book called, "The Boy Who Sees Death". I'm not that confident, but if you're interested you can check it out. See ya.