Chapter 44 Meeting with the Devil

"Takasugi Shinsuke, I take it that your demon was defeated. What a shame, after all the time you spent feeding it to help make it powerful."

Kotomine looked at the man with an observing gaze. He noticed that Takasugi seemed to be a bit more emotional than usual.

"It would appear that something has caused you to think a bit irrationally. However, i don't believe it is the loss of your demon that is the cause."

Takasugi looked at the man as he sat down. He was right, he knew seeing Yaboku's child has clouded his judgement.

"I found him Kotomine. Yaboku's bloodline still continues to live on. He was the reason the demon was killed, though he was assisted by a pillar."

Takasugi couldn't read Kotomine's expression. He still had his normal stoic look. Though if one could see behind his back, they would see him tightening his fist.

"Heheh. So the spawn of the man whom you trusted and looked up to foiled your plans. Now you wish to be provided another demon, one stronger than the last one."

Takasugi knew one thing about Kotomine. If the priest were to laugh or to smile, it usually means chaos is around the corner. Soon Takasugi looked at the ground as he jumped back. A hand seemed to have broke the floorboard as a body was climbing out.

"Rest assured Takasugi, i have provided you with a demon who's hunger is possibly even more terrifying than the last."

Takasugi looked at the demon. It had a feral smile on his face, long blue hair, but he felt its ki was even stronger than most demons.

"Takasugi Shinsuke, this is the power of a demon who has cannibalized other demons for decades. This will push the son of Yaboku to his limits."

As the demon stood up, its instincts kicked in. It knew it had no chance against the two men before it. However, it heard their conversation and it was ready to fight.

"Well then, who do i get to eat?"

~The next day~Yozora, Rengoku, and Nora were heading to the Demon Slayer Corps headquarters

~The next day~
Yozora, Rengoku, and Nora were heading to the Demon Slayer Corps headquarters. Rengoku was wearing a cast for his broken left arm, while Yozora had bandages over his head. Nora looked at the boy and decided to ask.

"Yozora, i have a favor i want to ask you."

"Sure, go right ahead."

Nora looked at Yozora for a moment. She was sure that her father could possibly help him since he was just like Yozora in a way. So she took a deep breath and told him.

"Yozora, i'd like you to meet my father. He's a priest who could be of help to you."

Yozora looked at the Nora and could tell she was only trying to help him. Though something in his mind told him not to go through with this. Though if he went with his instincts, then Nora would be sadden by not helping him.

"Ok, i'll go with you. Rengoku-san, i'm sorry but could you give Oyakata-sama the report for me."

"Yes!!! Leave it to me and go on with young Nora."

With that said Yozora and Nora head to the church. On their way, Nora noticed something. When Yozora came home she could've sworn that his eyes were blue at the time. She didn't quite know why that was the case since they were brown now. However as she was in her thoughts she noticed the church up ahead, just at the top of a hill.

"We're almost there, Yozora. We better hurry before father gets busy."

Nora grabbed Yozora's hand as they walked up the hill together. As Yozora got closer to the church, he had an uneasy feeling shower him. Soon they arrived at the doors of the church and went inside. Nora saw a priest standing before the altar.

"Hmmmmm. Nora, you have returned. I didn't expect a family reunion."

Kotomine stared at his daughter. He was surprised to have seen her since she left the church a long time ago. When his gaze landed on Yozora, things changed.

Yozora felt something when his eyes landed on the priest. Both of them fought the urge to grab their weapons and try to kill each other on the spot. They didn't know why the feeling was there, it was like their instincts were controlling their action.

"Father, Yozora. Are you ok?"

Yozora was the first to snap out of his trance. Kotomine soon calmed down as well and begun to introduce himself.

"I'm sorry for my rudeness, my name Kirei Kotomine. I am the priest assigned to this area. You see i acted hostile due to my daughter coming here with a stranger, you must understand."

"Yeah. My name is Yozora Tsu-........wait.......daughter......NORA IS YOUR DAUGHTER?!"

"Y-yeah, i'm sorry about that. I know most people call him Father due to his profession but i'm actually his daughter."

Nora playfully stuck her tongue out at Yozora. The boy in question was trying to figure out how the hell Nora is related to this priest. The priest coughed in his hand to grab their attention.

"Now then may i ask why you brought this young man to me, Nora."

"Its just.........i think you can help him since you and him are kind of similar. Its just i can never think of a way to understand you both or how to help. But knowing there is someone else who suffered like you do, i don't know, it just felt like fate to meet Yozora."

"I see......well then boy. Let me ask you this. What is it that you wish for?"

Nora and Kotomine both looked at the boy. They both searched for an answer for him. Any answer that could prove he was just an ordinary human.

"Its not about what i want, but what i need. I need to be a Hero of Justice. To save everyone in front of me so no one else goes through hell."

A slight chuckle could be heard in the church. It wasn't from Nora or Yozora. This sound came from Kotomine as he looked at Yozora.

"Yozora, are you sure it is worth it?"

"What do you mean?"

"To be a Demon Slayer means you need to kill creatures that were formerly human, just like you and i. Is being a Demon Slayer truly worth it, for a pure and just wish. In my opinion, that dream is too beautiful for the world we live in and its so pure that it will only end in corruption."

Nora looked at her father in confusion. She doesn't know why, but her father was acting different. He still had the same bored look in his eyes, but his voice sounded slightly happier. Yet, it was that joy he felt that scared her.

"It is worth it, Kirei Kotomine. I don't care if i'm hurt, betrayed, or even killed. If it means being able to save someone i'll gladly suffer for them. Anyways, i'm heading out."

The boy turned around as he walked out the church. Nora soon followed him from behind, leaving Kotomine by himself. Soon the priest laughed as he turned to the altar.

"Rejoice, young man. Your wish will, at last, come true . For a Hero of Justice needs a villain to defeat."