Chapter 65 The Battle Begins

Greed was now inside Tamayo's hideout with Yozora and the others. Yushiro was glaring daggers at Greed and Yozora. Tamayo was impressed that Yozora managed to get Greed to join their side like he said. Soon Greed spoke up on what to do.

"Listen up, you all probably assume that Pride is the biggest threat. I'll be honest with you, you're half right. You see, there's a third and final demon among our rank. To be honest, he's a lot stronger than me. That guy is a real monster."

Yozora was surprised by what Greed said. Is it possible that Wrath is stronger than both him and Pride? Soon Greed stood up and signaled for Yozora to follow.

"Believe it or not, Wrath is the father of Pride. Not to mention that Wrath use to be a high ranking swordsman back in his youth. While he's not as young, he makes up for it with his experience. I know i have no chance against Wrath, but i think you might have a chance against Wrath."

"Huh, why do you say that Greed?"

"Your ki, its obviously stronger than a normal human. Though your appearance will most likely throw Wrath off guard since you look like a certain demon we know."

As Greed and Yozora walk through the city of Kyoto, Greed was discussing a plan on how to beat Pride.

"Listen kid, i'll hold off Pride while you face off against Wrath. After you kill Wrath, Pride will be weakened enough for you to be able to defeat."

"What are you going to do Greed? What is it you plan on doing?"

Greed stopped walking as he looked at Yozora. He had the same look Yozora had when his mind was set on something. Soon the boy shook his head with a smile on his face.

"Well Greed, you better be alive when i get back. After all, you and i still got things to settle. Though..........i bet you and i would be friends if our circumstances were different."

"...........HAHAHAHA! I would need to have pretty low standards to consider you a friend."

"You really need to learn to shut up."

As Yozora and Greed both stepped out of the city, they both felt a strong presence up ahead. Greed hardens his arms as Yozora held his sword tightly. As they were on guard, a man was walking towards them.

"My, my. It would seem you have betrayed us, Greed. Not only that, but you've allied with a human being. Truly, you are one pathetic creature. It is no wonder you lost your family, you simply are too weak and pathetic."

"You bastard!!!"

Greed was about to charge at Wrath, but he saw Yozora put his arm in front of him. He was going to yell at the boy until he saw the look in his eyes.

"Greed, you go on ahead and fight Pride. I'll take care of Wrath on my own remember. You can't make Pride pay for what he did of you die here, now can you?"

"Heh, you got one smart mouth brat. Don't go dying on me."

Greed runs forward to search for Pride. Wrath saw this and drew his sword. As he charged to stab Greed's back, Yozora dashed in front of him and blocked the strike with his own sword.

"Hmmm? I suppose if i want to eliminate Greed i'll have to eliminate you first."

Wrath charged in front of Yozora. As he swung down his sword, Yozora jumped back for a moment. However the demon kicked Yozora in his chest, which caused the boy to be sent through several trees.

"Though i'm curious. Why does this boy look so much like Upper Moon One?"

Wrath didn't have much time to think as Yozora charged at the man. After taking a deep breath, Yozora held his blade and was trying to find a weakness he could exploit.

"Breath of the Moon, Sixteenth Form:Moonbow - Half Moon!!!!!"

Yozora swings his sword in a downward slash, resulting in a powerful sixfold slash crashing down

Yozora swings his sword in a downward slash, resulting in a powerful sixfold slash crashing down. Wrath saw this and hid behind the trees to use them as a shield. When the attack was over he saw several miniature craters where the slashes have landed.

"He even uses the same style as him. Just who is this boy, is Upper Moon One trying to make him a successor?"

Wrath picked up a rock and threw it in the opposite direction of his position. Yozora turned his head to where he heard the noise. Seeing this, Wrath charged at the boy and punched him in the chest. Afterwards, he stabbed his sword into Yozora's left shoulder and kicked him away.

"You are an interesting specimen. So show me just how much power you posses."

Wrath ran towards Yozora and thrusts his sword at amazing speed while having great accuracy, as he aimed for Yozora's vital points. However, he was suprised because he didn't feel his sword piercing any flesh. Yozora didn't speak a word as he thought of one thing.

"Shigure Soen Ryu, Fourth Form:May Wind, October Rain."

By synchronizing his breathing along with Wrath's and combining his ability to sense ki, Yozora was able to evade Wrath's strikes with high speed.

"I'm not finished. Shigure Soen Ryu, Fifth Form:.............."

Yozora swung his sword with his right hand at Wrath with his full strength. Seeing this, Wrath dodged to the left. Instead of slashing him, Yozora dropped the sword into his left hand and slashed at Wrath's body. Wrath already dropped his guard and didn't expect the feint so he couldn't dodge as Yozora cuts his chest.

 Wrath already dropped his guard and didn't expect the feint so he couldn't dodge as Yozora cuts his chest

".......Early Summer Rain."

Wrath looked at the boy with astonishment. Shigure Soen Ryu is a deadly sword style. The fact Yozora is using it and can use Breath of the Moon shows he is no ordinary demon slayer.

"Well then....i think it is time we take things seriously don't you agree, young man."

"I couldn't agree more. After all, it's my job as a hero of justice."