Chapter 15 Final Selection Pt.3

~ Flashback~
A young Yozora is seen walking through a village. Fire consuming everything. Corpses that are either burned to the very bone or have their organs exposed to the world litter the ground. The day he had to smash his sister's head with a rock for hours until sun rise because she turned to a demon. However there was one thing that no one knows.

The screams.....there were some people alive screaming for help. Yet....he ignored them he knew he would die if he helped. Yet this choice and the dream of his sister that he inherited......is also the reason he may be broken in the future.
~Flashback ends~

"DIE YOU HUMAN SCUM!!!!!!"

Ibaraki launched two of her giant claws at Zenitsu, who was still asleep. He hopped from tree to tree dodging the strike, while Yozora was clashing blades with the demon.

"Her strikes have more power behind them now. However.....there must be an opening. I know there is."

"What happened to all that confidence?!"

The heads made of fire by Ibaraki's side soon opened their jaws as a sea of flames erupts from them. Yozora jumped back and ran in Zenitsu's direction.

"Wait......her focus is on me. That means......Zenitsu. I'll bet it all on you."

Yozora then charged at Ibaraki. They clashed blades once more. The area around them cracking under the pressure. Soon they both stop their sword strikes and punched each other in the gut, both of them being sent flying in opposite directions.

"Hahahahah. I won't let you get away that easy. Kuhahahah... Ever since this arm was severed and came back, it has become strange! Run wild, sweet fire!!!! Blood Demon Art:Great Grudge of Rashomon!!!!!"

Her giant claw now engulfed in flames of her hatred, creating an unbearable heat is launched at Yozora. However he just held the hilt of his sword. A smirk appearing on his face.

"Tell me demon, who said you were the only one holding back?"

"What?!"

Behind her Zenitsu was on top of a tree. Yozora used himself as bait to get her attention as Zenitsu got his breathing together as he held the hilt of his sword as well.

"Breath of the Moon, First Form....."

"Breath of Thunder,First Form......."

Yozora draws his sword and slashes swiftly in a single motion numerous chaotic crescent shaped blades originate from the slash as Ibaraki's attack was sliced to pieces as were her limbs and torso. However seconds after that attack,  Zenitsu forward and sliced her head off of her body with incredible speed. When both attacks were finished they sheathed their blades at the same time.

"......Dark Moon - Evening Palace"

"........Thunderclap and Flash"

Ibaraki was in shock. These two brats were the one who did her in. Two nameless kids killed her. She was humiliated. And yet.....she was happy. Finally.....after so long. She got to see Shuten Douji again.

"I'm back boss..........i'm sorry i kept you waiting."

As she crumbles away she saw the look in Yozora's eyes. It wasn't pity, it wasn't sadness. For the first time, she saw understanding in someone's eyes.

"I see....we aren't so different. I'm sorry. While i'm able to see the person i lost....you have to keep waiting....but the look in your eyes.....its worse. How many people have you lost for your eyes to be like that.....to be like the eyes of a corpse."

Yozora stood there giving a brief prayer for the demon. It was a moment of silence until Zenitsu woke up. He looked around scared to death.

"EH?! THE DEMON IS GONE?!?! YOZORA-SAN, THANK YOU!!!!! I'M IN YOUR DEBT!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE SO STRONG?!"

"................................"

"WHY ARE YOU STARING AT ME LIKE YOU'VE SEEN SOMETHING DISAPPOINTING!!!!!!"

It was a moment of silence between them until they both started laughing. It was hell at first, but both Yozora and Zenitsu seemed to have formed a bond of sorts.

~Timeskip 7 days later~

"Dammit.......all those people......there were over 50 of us. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry i couldn't save you all. Please forgive me.  "

Yozora walked up the stairs. He followed the ki of humans back to where the exam started. However the only people there were Zenitsu, a girl with a butterfly hairclip, a boy with a scar on his face, and another boy with hanafuda earrings. However he listened closely as the two children who started the exam were present.

"Congratulations."

" We're pleased to see that you have returned."

Soon the boy with the scar asked them about when he'll get a sword. Yozora already found the guy quite annoying to be honest. His ki was giving him a bad feeling.

"First we shall issue you all uniforms. We will take your measurements, after which your rank will be engraved."

"There are ten ranks in total."

"Kinoe, Kinoto, Hinoe, Hinoto, Tsuchinoe, Tsuchinoto, Kanoe, Kanoto, Mizunoe, and Mizunoto."

"Currently, you are all the lowest rank, Mizunoto."

The boy with the scar looked slightly irritated. Yozora could tell the kid was impatient. He stood ready in case this kid caused trouble. However he let the kids finish their statement.

"Today we will let you all choose the ore for your swords. However the swords will take 10-15 days to complete."

"But first we will assign each of you your own Kasugai Crow. These Kasugai Crows can be used primarily for communication."

Soon crows flew down and landed on each of us. Though....for some reason Zenitsu had a sparrow. Suddenly the boy with the scar got furious. He roughly grabbed one of the kids by their hair.

"I want a sword right now, you hear me? Give me one now-"

Suddenly Yozora was behind him and hit the scarred boy on top of his head.

"Learn some manners. They said we choose the ore. After that we have to wait. So deal with it."

"Who the hell are yo-"

"I said to deal with it. Make me repeat myself again and i won't be nice enough to leave you conscious."

The boy paused for a moment and took a step back. It was time to pick our ore. After we all picked one we went our separate ways. I was about to leave until i saw Zenitsu run up to me.

"Yozora-san!!!! I hope we meet again!!!"

After saying that Zenitsu took his leave. Yozora stood there with a blank stare, until he smiled. He walked back to where Muramasa's shop was located and on the way he had one thought.

"I made a friend Akame. Looks like i'm not as hopeless as i thought."