Chapter 35 The Two Sides of Me

Muichiro was stunned by what he was witnessing. Yozora and Rabo were striking each other with their swords at an amazing pace. When one went for a spot they considered a weak point, the other would counter and launch there own strike. It was getting more difficult to keep up with the action when they exchange attacks.

"Breath of the Moon, Sixth Form:Perpetual Night, Lonely Moon - Incessant."

Yozora releases a wild storm of slashes in multiple directions, the crescent blades slicing parts of the valley into rubble. The attack almost reaches Rabo however.

"Shigure Soen Ryu, Second Form:Rolling Rain!"

Rabo creates multiple waves of water around him and crouches whilst holding his sword vertically before himself as a method of defense. The crescent blades tears through it, but ultimately didn't reach Rabo.

"I'm not done, Breath of the Moon, Ninth Form:Waning Moonswaths!!!"

Like he did with Chiyome, Yozora creates a seemingly endless stream of slashes, trying to cut down Rabo from a long distance.

"Shigure Soen Ryu, Fourth Form:May Wind, October Rain."

Rabo synchronizes with Yozora's breathing to dodge the onslaught of the crescent blades. Yozora charged to close the distance as he and Rabo unleash a flurry of strikes against each other.

Onui looked at Muichiro and carries the boy on her back. She knew Yozora couldn't protect them and fight Rabo. So she began to walk out the shrine before whispering something to Yozora.

"Please be sure to come back Yozora."

Rabo saw this happening and had an idea. He knew Yozora was the miracle his mother's family wanted. He knew he had Yaboku's instincts. He just needed to draw them out.

"Shigure Soen Ryu,Third Form: Last Minute Rain."

Rabo soon dropped his sword and kicked the base of the hilt with his foot sending it flying to Onui amd Muichiro. Yozora acted quickly and used his sword to knock the blade away as it landed near Rabo. However, Rabo could see the boy taking deep breaths every now and then.

"He hasn't fully rested after his fight earlier. It seems he may be pushing himself."

"Shigure Soen Ryu, First Form:Axle of Rain."

Rabo's sword got coated in water and he charged at Yozora. He thrusts his sword hoping to impale the boy. However Yozora jumped back and swung his blade against Rabo's to counter.

"Breath of the Moon, Fifth Form:Moon Spirit Calamitous Eddy!"

Without swinging his sword, Yozora makes multiple curved slashes layered over one another, resembling a rising vortex. Numerous chaotic blades originate from these slashes.

"Shigure Soen Ryu, Seventh Form:Splashing Rain."

Rabo holds his sword backwards and spins it to create a whirlwind-like shield. Yozora's attack was being repelled as a result.

"D-dammit......"

"Hahahahaha. Is this all you got? If you miss Sengo Muramasa i might as well let you join him. Shigure Soen Ryu, Fifth Form..........."

Rabo charged at Yozora. He swung his sword, but Yozora used his own sword ready to defend. However instead of an attack, Rabo dropped the sword from his left hand into his other hand and did a genuine slash when Yozora fell for the feint. The sword slashed Yozora's chest as his blood stains the ground.

"......Early Summer Rain. Yozora, do you truly think you can save anyone when you lack the power to save yourself. You are pathetic."

"It's not a matter of if i think i can save anyone, it's that i will."