Chapter 47 A Pillar or a Hero of Justice

Yozora stood there with a clear look of shock on his face. The leader of the Demon Slayer Corps asked him directly to be a pillar. This was an amazing honor for anyone. Though Yozora wanted to confirm one thing.

"Oyakata-sama, i'm honored you gave me such an offer. Though i'd like to ask you something. Will i be able to save more people as a Pillar?"

Ubuyashiki smiles at this question. Most would readily agree to an offer like this. Instead, Yozora was more concerned about the people he's fighting for than his own benefits.

"That depends entirely on you Yozora. Though Pillars tend to go on more dangerous missions than most other swordsmen here, so please, keep that in mind."

All the pillars were waiting in anticipation. This is truly a rare occassion to say the least. However, Shinobu, Rengoku, and Muichiro smiled. Those three knew Yozora well enough to know what his answer is.

"I'm sorry Oyakata-sama, but as i am now i must decline."

This answer shocked almost everyone there. Yozora had just declined an offer of a lifetime. He would have to be insane to reject. Ubuyashiki had a slight chuckle as if he expected that

"May i ask why, Yozora."

"I'm not ready yet. There is something i need to do. Not as a Pillar but as a Hero of Justice. I need to bring down Takasugi Shinsuke. If i can't stop one man from sacrificing others, if i can't protect even one girl........ then i don't deserve to be a pillar. This may be selfish of me, but please.......let me deal with Takasugi Shinsuke before i become a pillar. If i can defeat him and protect Nora then i know i'm on the right path that can save others."

Rengoku and Muichiro smiled at this. They knew making Yozora a pillar wouldn't be easy. He already had a goal and they know he's too stubborn to give up on it no matter what you throw at him. Ubuyashiki smiled at the boy since he started to remind him of Akame.

"Very well, Yozora. I understand your reason. That's why i will only say this. Yozora, i leave this mission to your hands. Defeat Takasugi Shinsuke at any cost and come back alive."

Yozora looked at Ubuyashiki with a determined look in his eyes. He has to complete this mission. He has to keep his promise to Nora. He'll defeat Takasugi to end the nightmare he's started.

"As you wish, Oyakata-sama."

~Timeskip~
Onui was cleaning in her workshop. Nora and Tasuke both went out shopping for food. She was singing to herself as she was finishing her cleaning.

"I'll pick a white flower and give it to you
I'll put it on your chest
White flower, white flower, on your chest
Blooms and sways like the moon."

Soon Onui heard clapping from behind her. When she looked she saw Yozora standing at the door with a smile on his face.

"I have to say Onui, your singing is always great to listen to. Its very soothing to me."

Onui turned away from Yozora. She was happy to hear that from him but she was still embarrassed. Though she didn't know Yozora could read her ki to tell how she's feeling. But he chose not to out of respect for her.

"Yozora, you're off to do something dangerous again. Aren't you?"

Yozora looked at Onui and saw how serious she was. He always found it terrifying how a woman's intuition was so accurate. Onui saw his face and couldn't help but giggle.

"Come on. Let's go talk in the backyard."

Onui grabbed Yozora's hand as they walk to the back of the workshop. When they arrived Yozora saw a garden of flowers near the shop.

"Hehehe. Sorry if its a bit too girly, but even i need a hobby. Don't get me wrong i don't mind making swords but its not like i can only do that my whole life."

Onui and Yozora sat in front of the garden. Yozora was looking at all the flowers with a small smile. Onui was happy to see him interested in something she worked hard on. Though there was one thing she needed to confirm.

"Yozora, i know you want to help others. I'm glad you're a kind person. Just worry more about yourself, okay?"

"I can't do that Onui. No....that isn't right. It's not that i can't, i just don't know how. Helping others is all i can do, i don't know how to do anything else or if i want to do anything else."

Onui shook her head as she was behind Yozora. The boy's back was turned to her but he knew she was there. At first he expected a scolding, but all of a sudden he felt himself being hugged as Onui was crying.

"Then please....just promise to come back. I don't want to lose you too."

Yozora's eyes widen in surprise

Yozora's eyes widen in surprise. He only thought about saving others, but he didn't even considered how others would feel if he were to suddenly die and not come back. Though he had only one thought in his head.

"If she cares for me so much....does that mean.........i'm gonna lose her too."

"Yozora, just make sure you come back alive. Not just for me, but for Nora and Tasuke too. We'd all be sad if we lost you. So-"

Onui was cut off as Yozora hugged her. She couldn't see his face but she felt tears falling on her. She returned the hug and smiled.

"Well Yozora, give it everything you got to make your dream real."

"Right."

~Meanwhile~
Takasugi is seen in the shopping district in front of Tasuke who was seperated by Nora. Tasuke felt the need to run but found himself lying on the ground unconscious. Takasugi soon had a smile on his face.

"He's not a Marechi....but i bet Yaboku's son wouldn't mind trading Nora for his friend back."

Takasugi picked up Tasuke as he puts the boy over his shoulder. He was going to head to Shinjuku to meet up with the demon Kotomine just gave to him.

As for Nora she was seen at the church. Kotomine had knocked her out and tied her up in the church. With a smile on his face he soon looked at the altar.

"Yozora Tsugikuni, the stage is set. To save one means not being able to save another. It's time you make a choice as a Hero of Justice. Rejoice, young man. Your wish shall, at last, come true."