Chapter 68 Greed's Final Act

Pride was dodging Greed's claws as the two were facing off near the hideout. As Greed went to sink his claws into Pride, the demon summoned several shadows that stabbed Greed's gut.

"I don't sense Wrath anymore. Was he really defeated by some kid?"

Suddenly Greed kicked Pride's face after using his Ultimate shield on his legs to deal more damage. Pride was sent through several trees, and stopped when he collided with a boulder.

Soon Greed jumped into the air and slams his foot onto Pride's head as the force from his kick also destroyed the boulder. As Pride stood up, Greed hardens his fist in order to punch Pride into the ground.

"I need to do this quickly. I can make Pride weaker, but if the kid saw how i would do it he would definitely try to stop me."

Suddenly several shadows erupt from the ground and pierced Greed's body. Soon Pride made more shadows behind him as he made one of them bite Greed's leg.

"I may be limited upon how many shadows i can use without a light source, but i'm still capable of killing you."

Pride made more shadows as they all went to Greed. Seeing this,Greed turned the leg that Pride's shadow was biting back to normal so his leg was torn off. Afterwards, he regenerated his leg and jumped back.

"All i need is to do is exhaust him."

Greed hardens his arms as he wraps them around a tree. Soon he starts to lift the tree up and starts to walk to Pride.

"Take this!!!!!!!!"

Soon Greed slams the tree on top of Pride. However, the tree was soon sliced apart by Pride's shadows. As Pride looked for Greed, he noticed he wasn't anywhere to be soon. Pride lifts his head and saw Greed had jumped into the air. As Greed was falling he was hardening his fist.

"Let's see you grit those teeth!!!!!"

As soon as Greed landed on the ground, he punched Pride's face as hard as he could. Soon he hardened his leg and starts to stomp on Pride's body as a crater was forming beneath him.

"Damn you. Damn you, damn you, damn you, damn you!!!!!!"

With an angry shout, Pride used Greed's own shadow to restrain him as it bites off Greed's arm. Greed screamed in pain since he didn't use his Ultimate Shield on his arm at the moment.

"You're mine now, Greed!"

Soon a giant shadow emerged from under Greed's feet. The shadows fangs were now exposed as it sinks its fangs. Pride was sure that Greed was being eaten until he saw his shadow's jaw slowly opening up.

"LIKE HELL I'M GOING DOWN THIS EARLY!!!!!!!"

As the shadow's jaw was opening up, Pride saw that Greed was using his Ultimate Shield all over his body. Soon enough, Greed ripped apart the shadow as he lands on the ground.

"I must say Greed, you really are a nuisance. Though i'm sure you know that you can't defeat me. You may have the best defense out of you, me, and Wrath but even you have a limit."

Greed was breathing heavily as he stops using the Ultimate Shield on just his head. He knew Pride was right, he was reaching his limit. However, he knew that Pride was in the same state. Though he wanted his plan to succeed so he needed to tire Pride out a bit more and before Yozora reaches them.

"Dammit. That kid must have rubbed off on me. I know this is a battle i can't win, but if i'm going down it's going to be on my terms."

Greed looked at Pride and saw that the demon was out of breath. He smiled to himself since his plan was almost ready to work. Soon he began to use his Ultimate Shield on his entire body.

Pride sends multiple shadows after Greed. Greed jumps from tree to tree to dodge. Soon he bounced off a branch and launched himself at Pride. When he got close enough, Greed spun his body and lands a hard kick onto Pride's head.

Greed is breathing heavily since he's fighting with everything he has. He knows he can't beat Pride, he knows he has no chance to avenge his wife, and he knows he might not be able to see his children again. Even through all that he still had some hope.

"It seems to me like you lost a lot of things, Greed."

"I know how you feel, plus your ki is telling me you feel lonely. I can't promise you salvation, but i can at least do one thing. I'll slay the bastard responsible for all this. So.....will you help me kill Pride."

"I bet you and i would be friends if our circumstances were different."

Yozora's word played through Greed's mind. He remembered when he fought the kid he saw Onui's ribbon with the boy. The man soon smiled as Pride's shadows were getting closer to him. Finally, Greed's plan is about to start.

"I don't know your connection with my daughter, brat. But if she has someone like you in her life, then i know she's in good hands. Onui, i may not have met you after becoming a demon but just know i will never stop loving you."

Soon Pride's shadows start to close around Greed. He could feel the shadow's fangs digging into his body, yet he didn't scream in pain. Greed wore a smile in his last moments as he thought about the demon slayer he worked with.

"Heh, i can't believe the brat actually convinced me to work with him. Plus what he said to me....yeah.....he was right. Though i'll never tell him, he gave me something that i wanted. Thank you, and goodbye, Yozora. You truly were a friend."

Soon Greed's body was completely consumed by Pride's shadow. Pride stood up with a smile as he knew he won.

"Heh. Til the very end, you were a pathetic creature. To think you would let yourself get eaten. I better leave now before the sun comes up."

Suddenly Pride felt the air around him grow cold. Soon he felt as if someone was staring into his soul. When he turned around he saw Yozora walking towards him. Though he noticed his eyes were blue and cat-like instead of their normal brown color. As Yozora stopped walking he spoke in a calm voice.

"Who said this battle could end on your terms?"