Chapter 28 Swordsmith on the Battlefield

Onui is waiting today for Yozora to visit. She was smiling to herself the whole time. However this was interrupted when she felt someone's hand chop her head.

"Oi, if ya got time to be lazy you got time to work. Get to it."

While Onui was rubbing the spot that was hit, she looked behind her and saw Sengo Muramasa. She was happy to see her caretaker hasn't changed one bit. She looked in his hand and saw a sword.

"When did you finish making another sword, Gramps."

"Few minutes ago, while you were thinking about your boyfriend i studied the blade."

"Eh!!!! What is that suppose to mean?!"

"If something happens make sure not to disturb anyone at night with your noises with Yozora."

"Gramps, please stop!!! I don't need to hear this."

As Muramasa stopped teasing Onui, he swung the sword he just made a few times. In the eyes of another swordsmith the sword would be perfect, but to Muramasa it was another failure. Its not close to being the ideal sword he seeks to make.

However, Muramasa's instincts were alerting him. Something was going to happen and he didn't know what. If there is anything more frightening than demons, it's the unknown.

"Onui, i want you to stay inside for the day."

"Hmmm, why Gramps?"

"Trust me, this old man's intuition hasn't failed me yet."

Onui knew Muramasa well over the years. When he of all people wants someone to stay back while he fights, she knows something bad is approaching.

"Very well, i'll stay inside until you say it's ok."

Muramasa smiled that Onui was taking his advice seriously. He soon walked further ahead of his workshop where the yard was littered with the blades he created. As he did this he swiftly grabbed one as he blocked a frontal slash from an enemy.

"So you are the strongest swordsmith, Sengo Muramasa. It is a honor to meet you."

"Oi, the hell do you think you're doing on my property. I don't take kind to intruders. So why are you here?"

The person who attacked Muramasa is a tall man with long silver hair, a single bright yellow right eye similar to a hawk. His right eye was covered by a sun visor.

"Simple, that girl is connected to someone i'm after

"Simple, that girl is connected to someone i'm after. If she comes with me, he's sure to follow."

"Heh. So in the end you want to kidnap my kid huh. Sorry, but that ain't happening. Seeing as how you know who i am, tell me your name."

"Hmph. Remember it will. I am the God of Calamity, Rabo. The one who will send you to the afterlife."

Both Muramasa and the intruder held a blade in each hand. They stood there for a second. As soon as they saw each other ready their swords they immediately charged at each other.

Rabo swung his sword aiming at Muramasa's neck. However the swordsmith ducked and with one hand, he executed a one handed slash about to hit Rabo. Rabo jumped back at the last second to avoid the slash.

"I see. So this is why you're the best swordsmith. Not only do you create blades but you have some skill behind using them."

"Oi, shut the hell up."

Muramasa swung down his sword on top of Rabo's blade. The man in question felt himself getting pushed back by this unexpected strength.

Rabo and Muramasa exchange another clash of swords. Muramasa sweeps Rabo's leg during this and grabbed one of the swords that littered the ground to stab him. Rabo himself grabbed a sword from the ground to counter this strike as they both jump back.

Rabo was preparing to attack until several swords were heading his way. He blocks most of them however he saw Muramasa run around the field grabbing sword after sword throwing them at him from every angle. Suddenly as Rabo blocked the swords, Muramasa swooped in and slashed the man's arm.

"What's the matter God of Calamity, trying so hard just to beat a swordsmith."

"Hahahahahahah!!!! Impressive, very impressive Sengo Muramasa. You truly are the best swordsmith. But...you're just that, a swordsmith."

Suddenly Rabo moved faster as he grabbed his sword. Muramasa was now struggling to block his strikes. He tried to throw another sword at Rabo, but the man moved to the side and grabbed the thrown sword's hilt. Suddenly Rabo starts striking at Muramasa with two swords.

"What the hell? He's faster than before?!"

Suddenly Rabo kicked Muramasa to a tree while throwing a sword into his arm. Muramasa screamed as he saw Rabo approaching closer.

"Now that i think about you must be connected to who i'm looking for as well. I'm sure he'll chase me if i leave at least one corpse behind."

Muramasa was thinking to himself on how to beat this monster. Sure he was strong but he was just a swordsmith. He needed to protect Onui. He needed to keep Yozora safe.

"No.....i can't lose.....not here......"

Muramasa's sword started to make a hissing sound. The blade had seemed to have started changing color as a mark was starting to form on his body.

"Rest in peace, Sengo Muramasa."

Rabo brought down his blade ready to cut Muramasa's body in twain. Suddenly the sword in Rabo's hand was met with another blade only the blade was a crimson red color. When he looked at Muramasa he noticed that his body had strange markings.

 When he looked at Muramasa he noticed that his body had strange markings

"Sorry, but the only corpse that's gonna be here is yours."