Chapter 88 Breakdown

Kai Chisaki was sitting inside of the church in the middle of the night. As he looked around he felt nothing but disgust as he saw dust everywhere.

"Damn you, Kotomine. If you're going to call for a meeting, at least make the meeting place be somewhere that isn't filled with filth."

As Chisaki was waiting inside the church, he heard someone walking into the church. He turned around and saw the priest smiling.

"So the plan worked without a hitch, Kotomine?"

"You are correct, Chisaki. The Demon Slayer Corps agreed to Tokinada's terms and assigned a pillar as his guard. I assume you know what else what must be done."

"Of course i know what to do next. If i didn't then Tokinada wouldn't have given me a part to play in this plan."

Kotomine walked towards the altar with his hands behind his back. As he did, he looked at Chisaki for a brief moment and asked.

"Where will you dispatch one of your members?"

"Rest easy, Kotomine. I already informed one of my men to go to the designated area. In a few nights he'll reach Mount Natagumo."

~Next Day~
Muichiro had a blank look on his face as he was walking around with Tokinada. So far, Muichiro couldn't understand the man he was tasked with guarding. Tokinada always wore a smile, yet Muichiro felt something sinister behind it.

"Oi, Tokito-kun. Would you mind if i ask you a question?

"I guess. Go ahead and ask."

"You see i heard that a new pillar has arrived. Word has it that he has only joined the corps recently? Is that true?"

"Yeah, it is. So why do you want to know?"

"I'm just curious. I have the feeling that if he guarded me, we wouldn't get along. After all, i think me and him might be similar. I wonder what this Tenth Hashira is like."

Muichiro didn't answer the man any further. His mind was occupied with what he just said. This guy and Yozora being similar? He couldn't believe that for a moment, yet why couldn't he deny it.

"Anyways, i think that's enough banter for now. Since you entertained my question, you're free to ask one yourself."

"Huh, thanks i guess. Well...........why are you interested in Yozora?"

Tokinada smiles as he knew he got Muichiro's attention. He walks ahead as Muichiro catches up with him. As Muichiro looked at Tokinada, he saw the man smiling only he felt something was different.

"That smile.....it's more sinister than all the others i've seen."

"Why am i interested, you ask. Its just i think me and Yozora have one thing in common. Deep down, we're nothing but liars hiding behind a mask we call joy. Whether he's lying to others or himself, that's what i am curious about."

"This man.......i can tell....if Yozora and this guy ever meet, it will only bring Yozora nothing but suffering."

~Meanwhile~
Yozora was inside of Onui's workshop all by himself. He was thinking about what happened yesterday between him and Nora. He remembered the look of sadness on her face. It hurt him, yet it reminded him of something. Though whenever he tries to think of what that situation reminded him of, he always came up with a blank.

"No matter how hard i try, i can't seem to remember. Though, i'm kind of scared. If Nora is somehow a part of my past, will I lose her too? Or worse.....will i end up having to kill her."

Yozora stands outside as he looks at the backyard in silence. Ever since coming back from his mission against Zenon, he felt different. Though he couldn't put it into words.

"So the guilt is starting to eat away at you, huh."

Yozora's eyes widen in shock as he heard a voice. But it wasn't the voice of a stranger. No, it was the complete opposite. He knew this voice all too well.

"After all the lives you took, you're just now starting to feel a bit of regret. I wonder, how many lives have you saved? Or rather, how many lives did you take. Because from an outside perspective, you killed more than you saved."

Yozora's face paled as he listened to this voice. When he heard the voice speaking, he realized something. The voice that spoke belonged to himself. As he closed his eyes, he saw an image. He saw a boy wearing the same clothes as him, standing near a pile of corpses. When the boy turned around, Yozora saw his face.

The face was the same as his only his eyes were blue and cat-like. While Yozora couldn't speak, this copy of him was staring daggers at him.

"I know i killed many things. Though, i'm sure i saved some-"

"Helping someone and saving them are two different things. Did you really save Onui? Did you really save Nora? Did you really save Murata? Or did you just prolong their suffering and gave them nothing but false hope. You and i both know the truth. We were never meant to save anything."

"You're wrong....you're wrong....these hands aren't just made for killing and taking things from others."

"Then let me ask. Who's hands are covered in Akame and Zenon's blood. You can't save everyone, soon you'll realize how harsh reality is. And when you do...it will tear you apart."

As Yozora opened his eyes, he didn't hear the voice anymore. He looked around and saw no one was there with him. Yozora looked down at his hands and had a sad look as he looked at them.

"That's right...the one who robbed Akame and Zenon of a future was me."

~Timeskip~
It was now nighttime as a single individual was walking alone. He was given one simple order. He may hate taking orders from someone, but when he heard what he was gonna do he couldn't help but smile.

"Woah!!! I can't wait!!!!! A battle to the death with demon slayers!!!! Best mission ever!!!"

The man shouted as he steps foot on a mountain. As he did a random demon jumped out the shadows and tried to bite him. However the man kept walking. The demon chased after him but the man punched the demon so hard that its head flew off.

"So this place is called Mount Natagumo. Very well, okay demon slayers. When i find you, we'll have a great battle to the death!!!!! I swear on the name of Kendo Rappa!!!!!!"

 When i find you, we'll have a great battle to the death!!!!! I swear on the name of Kendo Rappa!!!!!!"