Chapter 48 The Hero's Despair

"Shinjuku!!!! Shinjuku!!!!! Yozora head to Shinjuku. A demon has been eating countless civilians, hurry!!!!"

Yozora was running at his full speed to Shinjuku. He's had a bad feeling ever since he was given this mission. He felt as if something terrible was waiting for him.

He has heard from his kasugai crow that several other Demon Slayers were sent to Shinjuku. However it seems that none of them has returned. He knew it was a demon behind this, yet his gut is telling him something worse is in store for him.

Nighttime has begun and he has arrived in Shinjuku. It was just like Asakusa, brightness everywhere even though it's still nighttime. Though he knew he couldn't take the time to go explore. He had a job to do and he couldn't waste time.

He soon walked outside the city as he felt a strong bloodlust. He soon found himself in an opened field but what he saw was terrifying to most. He saw numerous dead bodies of fellow demon slayers on the ground, their swords stabbed to the ground next to them as some of the corpses were missing body parts.

"I'm use to seeing corpses, but this is sickening."

He soon hears footsteps approaching him. He immediately sensed a demon's ki approaching and drew his sword. When the demon arrived he threw another corpse of a human on the ground as he looked at Yozora.

"Huh? Who the hell are you? Don't you know that this is my hunting ground, brat."

"So you're the demon that did this. Good, it saves me time hunting you down."

"Heh...that's big talk coming from a human."

Silence fills the air as the two glare at each other. Yozora held his blade as the demon had its claws ready. However, this demon wasn't the source of Yozora's uneasiness.

"The name is Grimmjow, be sure to remember it before you die!!!!!"

Grimmjow charged at Yozora with great speed and kicked him into a pile of corpses. Yozora soon jumped high in the air and slammed his sword down on Grimmjow, who used his arms to shield himself.

"Huh so you got a little more fight in you than these losers. You'll be an even better meal."

"Breath of the Moon, Eighth Form:Moon-Dragon Ringtail!!!!"

Yozora used direct frontal attack that creates single gigantic slash. Grimmjow was too close to dodge so his arms and chest was sliced by the attack. The demon spun his body around and kicks Yozora's face to widen the distance.

Grimmjow's claws glow blue as he makes slashing movements at Yozora. Grimmjow made his claws longer and sharper due to converting his ki into energy through his blood demon art. Yozora jumped back as giant slash marks appear on the ground. As he looked onward what he saw made his blood boil.

"Shit. All i hit was those damn corpses. Guess i should've eaten the whole bodies."

"............don't disrespect the dead."

Yozora and Grimmjow charge at each other as they find themselves in a barrage of slashes. Yozora tries his best to counter the demon's claws. He soon swings his sword upward as he caught Grimmjow off guard.

"Shigure Soen Ryu, Eleventh Form:Swallow's Beak."