Chapter 31 Past Bonds

Muichiro and Yozora were heading to the place where Muramasa died, his workshop. By going there Yozora plans to pick up on Onui's ki and to follow it where ever Rabo took her.

The two boys didn't say a word on the way there. They either didn't know how to start a chat or they just didn't care. However, they can't shake this feeling they've met before.

"Tokito-kun.......how old are you?"

".............14."

"Eh?! We're the same age and you're already a pillar?! That's amazing."

"Not really......hey. Can i ask you something."

Yozora looked at the boy. They were both staring each other down. Muichiro seemed to be quite serious so this question must be important.

"Have we met before?"

There it was, the question that clouded his mind. He wanted to say no, but he felt that wasn't the right answer.

"To be honest, i don't know myself. Logically i would say no, but something inside me is telling me that isn't the case."

"You too huh................"

Soon the boys decided to sit down and take a break. Right now Yozora could feel a small amount of ki, it was pretty far so getting to it wouldn't be a quick task.

"It's dark....we should set up a camp and rest. It's small but i picked up on some ki. We'd be too exhausted at our destination if we kept going without a break."

Muichiro nodded as he sat next to Yozora. The two were silent but they weren't bothered by it. No, it was this sense of familiarity that bothered them. It was unusual since they had just met.

"Onui..................i promise.....i'll save you no matter what it takes. Just hang on, okay? I'll save you with all of my power."

Muichiro looked at Yozora with curiosity. He felt close to him, a certain connection. Shinobu told him that Yozora and himself both suffer from a lost of their memories. However, he also felt it was more than that.

~Meanwhile~
Rabo was sitting on staircases that lead to an abandoned shrine. He seemed to have been in a good mood. Waiting for someone to show up. Soon his underling came back to see him.

"You seem to be in a good mood, Rabo. Has learning that Yaboku's spawn exists sparked some hedonistic pleasure in you."

"Perhaps, but what i'm feeling can't just be called simple pleasure. Knowing his child is out there is bringing me joy. Though it seems he hasn't awakened yet. I'm sure you can do it. A poor shrine maiden turned to a demon and cursed."

"Why me?"

Rabo soon stood up and looks above the staircase, he looked at Onui who was in the shrine. He soon began to laugh.

"Yaboku's daughter, Akame, was said to be the best product that was produced in that family. However that is not true. I want you to fight him to confirm something."

Rabo soon gave his underling something. It was a ribbon that belonged to Onui.

"I want to find out if he has it. Eyes as corrupted as his father and I. You'll battle him and show him this ribbon. Then we'll see the true nature of that child. Don't let me down."

"I promise. I swear on my name, Mochizuki Chiyome, that i will complete this task."

As Chiyome left to go find Yozora, Rabo was left in his thoughts

As Chiyome left to go find Yozora, Rabo was left in his thoughts. He and Yaboku were both swordsmen who were unrivaled. Everyday was bloodshed and chaos. They were strongest on the battlefield. However that came to a halt when a certain woman entered Yaboku's life.

Her skills with a sword was so beautiful, so pure. Yet it was capable of rivaling or even surpassing his own. Soon he learned about that woman's family.

"Her family believed that the mastering of one skill would result in the abandonment of another, so they attempted to cultivate two personalities in each member of the family to allow for different skills to be learned by each."

Rabo kept remembering that woman. Her skills far outclassed him, yet she was born to do so. Both Yaboku and her soon left the battlefield, got married, and had children. The depravity in Yaboku's eyes were gone, the use of their swords were gone, all that power Rabo could only dream of having was gone.

"Akame ,who is seen as a prodigy to most, is nothing but a failure. But...there is still hope. A person with her and Yaboku's swordsmanship combined will be upon us. If he has Yaboku's eyes.....if he did what Akame could not and was born with another personality.....another God of Calamity will be here!!!!"

Rabo soon laughed wholeheartedly. He couldn't wait. He wanted to see how Yaboku's child will end up. How much potential he has. If his eyes are just as corrupt as Yaboku and his own.

"You tried to keep him away from the bloodshed but it failed Yaboku!!!!! Soon i'll have a comrade just as, if not more, corrupt than i. Thank you father of this child, Yaboku. Thank you mother of this child................"

He remembered it all too well. She was more beautiful than any flower. Deadlier than any swordsmen he has killed. Though she is dead, her and Yaboku's name still live on.

"..................Shiki Ryougi."