Chapter 77 Night Sky

~Flashback~
Akame is seen with Yaboku as they both wait for Zenon and Yozora's return. As they wait, Yaboku sensed the ki of two people approaching his home. He smiled as he instantly knew who it was.

"Yozora, you had everyone worried about you. You shouldn't run off like that again, okay?"

Yozora nods his head as he walks in the house with Akame and Yaboku. Zenon stayed behind as he wanted some time alone.

"That boy isn't normal. He never smiles, never shows any type of emotion. He's like an empty shell. Why......why did Shiki have to die just for a defective child like him to be born?"
~Flashback ends~

Murata was seen carrying Yozora on his back. He was trying his hardest to get indoors and treat his wounds. Murata felt nothing but guilt as he carries Yozora. If he wasn't there, then Yozora would've won and wouldn't be so injured.

"Dammit.....dammit!!!!! What the hell is wrong with me?! I let a kid younger than me fight on my behalf and then he risked his life to save me!! I won't let you die Yozora. You hear me, you're gonna live dammit!!!!!"

Murata soon found the inn he was staying in. He immediately got a first aid kit and tries to help Yozora. He took out the bones that were impaled in the boy and tries to patch him up.

"Please Yozora, you have to wake up!!!"

As Murata screamed for Yozora to wake up, the boy's mind wandered else where. One of Yozora's missing memories was slowly returning to him.

~Flashback~
Yozora is seen walking through the village. When the people saw him, some of the adults were scared and ran in their houses. Even the kids that wanted to play with boy, since they were all near the same age, were forced to stay away from him.

Yozora knew exactly why they were all afraid. He wasn't normal, in some people's eyes he was a cursed child. Unlike everyone else, Yozora's sight was something no normal human should have. When he looks at them with his blue cat-like eyes, everything is clear and exposed. Vital organs, skeletal structure, blood flow, and many other things. The fact his ability to sense ki also allowed him to detect if people are lying made it hard for people to keep secrets from him.

He didn't hate the villagers, he had no right to. He thought that he was just a cursed child. His own mother died just for him to be born and now this. He hates his own existence, he hates his eyes with a passion.

"I wonder......my eyes are the problem....they're the problem......"

Soon Akame and Zenon saw Yozora in the town with a smile on his face and hope in his eyes. Though to them, all they felt was despair dripping from his being. Soon they ran to the boy as they saw him slowly put his hands on his face.

"If my eyes are the problem all i need to do is to get rid of them, right? If i gouge them out i'll be normal, right? If i take these cursed eyes away and stay silent i won't be hated, right?!"

Suddenly Yozora was slapped by Akame. The look of false hope was instantly gone from his eyes. When he looked at Akame, he saw the girl crying.

"Yozora, why would you even think of doing such a thing?!"

"My eyes are a part of the reason i'm hated right. Even when i look at you and Zenon, everything is clear. So if my eyes are the problem, wouldn't it make sense to get rid of the problem."

Akame looked at her brother as he said this. His eyes and voice devoid of any hope. The only thing she saw in the boy was emptiness. The boy was completely empty, he saw no value in his life. Soon she hugged Yozora close to her.

"You're wrong! Those eyes are just like your mother's. I don't think she would curse her own child. Your eyes are a connection with her, a gift she gave to you. You aren't a cursed child Yozora!!!!"

Akame was hugging the boy tightly as tears ran down her face. Yozora slowly hugged back as a small amount of tears runs down his face. Zenon looked at the two as he walks close to them.

"Yozora, you're just misunderstood by the village. I'm sure with time they'll treat you as an equal. No one here hates you or blames you for your mother's death. Now let's go back home, Yaboku must be worried."

With having said what was on his mind, Zenon walked back home. Akame held Yozora's hand as they all walked back home. However, Yozora was sensing ki the entire time and said one thing in his head.

"Brother.....why do you always lie to me?"
~Flashback ends~

Murata was sighing in relief as he finished bandaging Yozora. However, he was still worried since the boy hasn't awaken yet. He sat down as he sent a kasugai crow to the headquarters. Right now, they needed all the help they could get.

Murata sat down as he saw Yozora. This was all his fault and after Yozora revealed his ranking as a pillar, it made him feel worse.

"To think, a kid younger than me is already a pillar and yet he's so injured because of me. Yozora, you better not die. But don't worry, we won't let that demon get away with what he did."

~Demon Slayer Headquarters~

Ubayashiki was sitting in a room with two pillars as a crow was near a window in the room. Ubuyashiki looked at the two pillars and decided to brief them on what happened.

"There was a demon spotted in Shinjuku. The demon killed a team of demon slayers with only one survivor. As such we sent the Moon Pillar, Yozora, to help investigate and kill the demon. However, we just received news that he got severely injured and the demon got away."

The two pillars in front of him gasped for a bit. Considering how close they were to Yozora, they found it hard to believe that Yozora actually lost.

"This is truly troubling. My children, help your brother in arms and eradicate this demon. This is our duty and i trust you to carry it out."

"Yes, Oyakata-sama!"

The two pillars walked outside of the room as they head for Shinjuku. They both grabbed their blades as they were getting ready to head out.

"Are you ready, Young Tokito?"

"Yeah, though i know Yozora would never lose to a demon so something must have caught him off guard. So let's go give him a helping hand, Rengoku-san."

As the two pillars walk to Shinjuku, they each hold a slight look of anger as they think about the demon who did this. Soon they each had one thought in their mind.

"Yozora, it's our turn to help you now."