Chapter 9 The Blade and I

Onui and Tasuke were asleep inside of their room. Muramasa and Yozora were in the front room. Muramasa made tea for Yozora since their talk was going to be a long one.

"I'll tell you why Ubayashiki wanted me to meet you. But first let me ask you, have you had weird sensations when your body reacts to a sudden change or when someone is lying?"

Yozora was shocked at how Muramasa accurately described what he felt. He was able to do this ever since he was even younger. He never knew what it was, but if Muramasa knew the answer he wanted to know. So he just nodded his head so Muramasa could continue. The man in question decided to explain to the boy in front of him.

"That sensation you felt is known as ki."

"Ki?"

The man nodded. Rather then explain it he walked behind Yozora, confusing the boy. He soon picked up a rock and threw it at Yozora's head. Suddenly Yozora's body ducked down on its own before he realized that a rock was thrown at him. He looked at Muramasa as the man explained.

"Ki is a natural energy given off by people and objects when they move. You seem to be highly sensitive to detecting ki, though you lacked the training. However with proper training, ki-sensing can be used to predict attacks and others' movements, including natural objects and events found in nature. Though the ability itself is quite rare."

Yozora was in awe. The ability to sense ki sounds really amazing. He was glad to know that this sensation was known and that it wasn't a disease or something.

"However i will be honest. I was curious on meeting you since you are Akame's sibling and apart of THAT family. So Ubayashiki came to me with two requests."

"Requests?"

"Yes the first being that if you somehow pass the Final Selection, i'll be the one to make your sword. The second one is simple. I'll train you into a swordsman like i did with Akame, however we'll only do it when the sun is up."

Yozora's eyes widen. To be promised a sword made by THE Sengo Muramasa was a honor, but to be trained by the same man who trained his sister. It was almost like a dream. With Sengo's skills and the book with Breath of the Moon's styles and instructions on how to train them. He could have a chance at passing.

"Yozora. Tell me how old are you?"

"I'm 10, Muramasa-san"

"I see. You seem to have keen battle intuition plus a high amount of sensitivity with ki............4 years. You'll train for 4 years and if i like the results, i'll recommend you for the Final Selection."

Yozora nodded. This is where he'll have to train hard. Put in all of his effort so he can start fighting for his future.

"Your training will start tomorrow so be prepared Yozora."

"I will, Muramasa-san."

"You know kid you remind me of Akame. You're both polite and strong willed. I'm sorry about what happened to her."

Muramasa knew that Yozora was just like Onui and Tasuke. They were all orphaned at a young age because of the demons. The only difference is that while Onui and Tasuke had each other, Yozora had no one.

"It's fine Muramasa-san. I miss her.....i miss her and dad so much. I never got to know much about my mother since she died giving birth to me. But......i made a promise with Akame. I'll make it so no one suffers again. I'll kill the things behind our suffering so no one will ever feel that pain again. I'll save everyone in front of me."

Muramasa frowned a bit. While the dream itself is beautiful, it was impossible. Chasing an impossible dream would break Yozora once he faces the reality behind it. Not everyone can be saved.

"Anyways i'll head on to bed as well. You can do whatever you want for now. But remember, tomorrow starts your intense 4 year training session."

Muramasa then left to his room, leaving Yozora by himself. Yozora took out the book he had earlier and began to read over it.

"I'll train my hardest. I have to. I'll pass the Final Selection and then protect as many people as i can."

~Timeskip to the next morning~

Muramasa woke up due to some loud noises he heard outside. He walked out of shop and saw Yozora practicing sword swings after doing some push ups.

"Oi, how long have you been doing this? You know training don't start til noon right?"

Yozora nodded as he puts down the sword for a second. Muramasa walked over to the boy. Once he saw his hands he noticed how rough they were.

"Sorry, Muramasa-san. I woke up at the crack of dawn and practiced on my own. I practice 200 sword swings, then i went for a sprint around the shop, after that i practiced 200 more sword swings, then the push ups."

Muramasa just stared at the kid. He was a hard worker and a crazy one at that. Like brother and sister he supposed. Soon he sat down with Yozora.

"Look kid. Just give me a moment,ok. Onui told me to go easy on you but since this is training i'm sure she won't mind. I'll gather the practice swords that we'll be using."

Muramasa then grabbed a pair of swords that he had just made. He made several pairs of them for both him and Yozora to train with. They each held one pair of the twin swords in their hand.

 They each held one pair of the twin swords in their hand

"Yozora consider this your first sparring match. Just know i'll be coming at you with all i got. We won't stop fighting til you can land a hit on me. Well then Yozora, let's see it. If you're capable of surviving the Final Selection."

Yozora stared at the man before him. He's happy it wasn't a fight to the death, but he won't hold back. He held one sword in front of him, ready to start.

"Bring it on, Sengo Muramasa. Do you have enough swords stocked up?"