Chapter 55 Little Brother

There he was standing right in front of him. Yozora finally got to Tasuke and this was the result. Tasuke has become a demon. Sanemi walked towards the two and puts a hand on Yozora's shoulder.

"I'm sorry kid. By the time i reached this place, the brat was already turned into this. Dammit!!!!!! I'm a pillar and i couldn't even save one kid from turning into a demon!!!!!"

"THAT'S ENOUGH SANEMI!!!!!!!"

Sanemi looked at Yozora with wide eyes. Yozora was crying as one of his eyes turned blue and resembled a feline's. Soon he thought about it this situation. He felt this bad for this kid and he didn't even know him. Sanemi couldn't begin to imagine how Yozora was feeling. Tasuke looked towards Yozora as tears were forming in his eyes.

"Yozora...........it hurts...........please. Make the pain stop."

Yozora looked at Tasuke. He could tell that he was in immense pain from being turned inti a demon and not eating a human. Yozora took a knee and looked Tasuke in the eyes.

"Tasuke, i'm sorry i couldn't save you. Please forgive me, i tried my hardest....and yet that wasn't even enough!!!!!!"

Sanemi and Tasuke both looked at Yozora. They could see his hands shaking. They knew this situation was too much for him.

"A pillar.....a hero of justice.....don't make me laugh. I couldn't even save a young boy from this horrible fate!!!!!"

"Yozora....thank you. I'm glad you tried to save me. I had already given hope. That no one would care if one poor kid was gone or dead. Though you came to save me even if it almost cost your life."

Tasuke sat next to Yozora. They were both crying at this point. Though Tasuke was happy someone even thought of saving him. But he had one question.

"Is Nora safe? Did you save her?"

"Don't worry Tasuke, she's safe. She should be back at the shop with Onui and Muichiro. Tasuke, i want you to know...even though you aren't human anymore, Onui and i will always love you."

Tasuke looked at Yozora as he stood on all fours. Tasuke was about to ask Yozora something horrible. He felt ashamed to be asking but, he already knew decided on what to do.

"Yozora.....make the pain go away. I know i don't have much time. I won't eat a human and if i come with you, i'd be putting Onui, Nora, and you in danger. Plus you're the only one i can ask this to."

"Tasuke......i......i.........."

"It's ok. It was just my time, but even if my life is short at least i had fun. I just wish i could share a meal with everyone one last time."

Yozora gripped his sword and looked at Tasuke. Tasuke just asked him to put him to rest. However, when Yozora looked at Tasuke all he saw was his big sister asking for the same thing.

"First Akame......and now you..........i'm sorry. I'm sorry Tasuke......."

"Don't be. This is my choice after all. Tell Nora and Onui that i'll miss them."

Yozora lifts his sword with tears in his eyes. His hands were shaking as he looked at the boy. He remembered his promise to Onui, if things didn't work out then he would honor Tasuke's wish. Soon Yozora brought down his sword as he sliced Tasuke's neck.

"Thank you.......Yozora......you really are......"

"Please forgive me, Tasuke. I'm sorry you had a failure of a brother figure!!! I'm sorry i couldn't save you."

"........................the nicest person."

Soon Tasuke's head was crumbling away. As Yozora sheathed his sword, Sanemi was waiting outside. When the boy stepped out, Sanemi looked at him.

"We did all we could. Though......you gave the kid his last wish. If you were selfish and decided not to kill him as he suffered, i would beat the shit out of you. Keep living, that's all you can do for him."

Yozora nodded at the wind pillar. He was right, all he could do now was live. However, Yozora knew that his nightmares were going to get worse after what he did.

~Onui's Workshop~
Muichiro and Nora made it to the workshop. As they entered Onui hugged then both. They were shocked by this and didn't know how to react.

"Nora, i'm glad you're safe. Now all we have to do is wait on Yozora and Sanemi to come home with Tasuke."

"Y-yeah........i'm glad to make it back. I got to say, i was shocked when Muichiro came to save me. Though i was more surprised it was Yozora's idea since we all know what he's like."

Soon both the girls shared a laugh. Muichiro smiled a little after seeing them both are acting like themselves so he stepped outside. Once he did, he saw Yozora and Sanemi walking to the shop with their heads down.

"Shinazugawa-san......Yozora........."

"I failed.......i failed to save someone precious to me again."

Onui, Nora, and Muichiro looked at Yozora with widen eyes. He couldn't save Tasuke despite how strong he was. No, they knew if he had a way to save Tasuke he would've done it. Onui soon walked towards Yozora as he was looking at the ground.

"....................Yozora.....was my brother able to rest peacefully?"

"Yeah, to the very end. He was a good kid."

Onui and Yozora hugged each other as they were both crying their hearts out. They lost one of the few pieces of family they had. Muichiro and Nora soon hugged them as well. Sanemi was standing outside with a frown on his face. As this all happened, Yozora had a single thought.

"Rest in peace, Tasuke. I'm sorry you had a failure of a brother who couldn't protect you. I'm no hero, in the end.......even when i got power....i still couldn't protect something precious to me."