Chapter 84 A Nightmare

Kotomine stands before the demon named Kai Chisaki. As Chisaki looked at Kotomine with no interest, the priest stared back at the demon with no sign of fear.

"Let's get down to business. Zenon was part of my group, the Shie Hassaikai. Recently we've found out that he was killed. Do you have any info for me Kotomine?"

"Of course i do, however i would highly recommend not seeking vengeance. Once you find out who did it, i'm sure you're not going to want to let him go to waste by just killing him."

That sentence piqued Chisaki's interest. If what Kotomine is saying was true, then maybe he should make Zenon's killer join the Shie Hassaikai. Whether voluntarily or by force would be determined by the individual's answer to his offer.

"Zenon was fighting against three pillars when he died. The Mist Hashira and the Flame Hashira. However, while they played a part in his demise the one who was the key to Zenon's death was the third pillar. That was the Moon Hashira."

"I see, is it safe to assume that the third pillar is also the person you said we should spare?"

Kotomine looked at Chisaki and nodded. Though he left out the detail that Zenon only fought Yozora because of the deal he made. Soon the priest chuckled to himself as he looked at Chisaki.

"You are correct, Chisaki. Now before i give you the identity of the third pillar, i have a favor to ask. Tell me Chisaki, what is your view on the human race?"

"The boss believes that humanity is an illness and i agree. Everyday humans try to convince themselves that they want to live in peace, when in actuality they're lying to themselves. Hatred, anger, malice, and even a thirst for vengeance and war. These things are part of human history and they're part of the reason humanity thrives."

Kotomine looked at Chisaki with interest. He knew that Chisaki would have a intriguing viewpoint on humanity. He decided not to interrupt Chisaki as he found this entertaining.

"The hatred of demons brings people together to slay demons. The anger of losing a loved one to demons can make a person want to slay demons. However, while they try to justify their acts as saving humanity or justice they're merely giving in to their malice and don't want to accept it."

Chisaki stood up and walked towards Kotomine. As he stands next to the priest, Chisaki continued to speak. His mind was clear on what he wanted to say.

"You know it too, right Kotomine? Conflict is humanity's primal instinct. Peace causes humanity to become lax and lower its guard. Yet they still crave peace even though it's the reason their instincts became dull."

Kotomine nodded as he listened to Chisaki. Without conflict, humanity begins to lose it's killer instinct. When humanity finally finds peace, that instinct may as well be nonexistent.

"What good is a warrior if there is no battlefield? What good is a doctor if there is no injured? What good is security if there is no threat? If humanity truly finds peace, then they might as well be a wolf without its fang. Without conflict humanity doesn't evolve, it begins to regress, and finally...it loses the core purpose of existing. Sorry, i didn't mean to ramble. Now then, can you tell who this third pillar was?"

"Of course, the third pillar is a boy named Yozora Tsugikuni."

Chisaki looked at Kotomine in shock. He walked close to the priest and looked at him in the eyes.

"Are you telling the truth?! Was it really Yozora Tsugikuni?! If he's the same kid the boss mentioned, that would make him-"

Kotomine nods as he turns around after putting some distance between him and Chisaki. He already knew what was going through Chisaki's mind. As his back was turned, Kotomine smiled as remembers the pure look of shock on Chisaki's face.