Chapter 18 Different Path, Same Bloodshed

"To save everyone so no one has to suffer and cry. In a sense i guess i want to be a hero. However there is one fact. Not everyone can be saved. And unfortunately....i learned the hard way tonight."

Yozora stood up as he walks towards the outskirts of Asakusa. He could feel it, lots of bloodlust was ahead of him. Using all the strength in his legs he rushed forth. He was ready to kill the demon who has claimed so many lives. However, though he sensed bloodlust, he didn't pick up on any ki belonging to a demon.

Suddenly he drew his nichirin sword as he blocks a sword slash aimed at his neck. He turns around and blocks three more. Each one faster than the other.

"What the-"

He couldn't finish the sentence as the figure swung down his blade from the shadows. Yozora jumped back to dodge it, being on high alert.

"Heh. To think a demon slayer would show up just for me. I didn't think my reputation was THIS known."

Yozora could feel it

Yozora could feel it. All the bloodlust and anger from this creature. He could even feel excitement from it. But.....why isn't the ki he's sensing a demon.

"You better not hesitate kid. It'll make killing you easier and boring!!!"

The killer suddenly drew his two swords as he dashed behind Yozora. He sheathed both his swords quickly as Yozora's left shoulder and his chest were cut by his blades. He held back a scream as he soon starts clashing swords with the man. The sounds of blades striking each other fills the air. Yozora barely able to block the killer's strikes. The killer swung his sword in such speeds that he was nimble and fast like a falcon.

"His shoulder is bleeding yet he can keep up. This kid.......is too much fun!!!"

"Breath of the Moon, Eighth Form:Moon-Dragon Ringtail!!"

Yozora focused his breathing and slashed his sword forward as a single gigantic slash makes its way to the killer.

"HAHAHAHAH!!!! I KNEW YOU WERE FUN, BUT THIS IS TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING!!!"

The killer jumped high in the air jumping from tree to tree to dodge the slash. Soon he falls down and slams both of his swords onto Yozora's blade. They both push themselves back to gain distance.

"Dammit. My shoulder is already cut open by his sword. I'm using my breathing to slow down the bleeding but.....if i use breath of moon i'll exhaust myself and hurt my shoulder more."

"Boy!!!!! What is your name?! I always want to know the name of my victims."

"My name is Yozora. I won't be a victim and no one else will when i'm through with you demon!!!!!"

Suddenly Yozora charged at the killer in incredible speed and swung his sword upwards. The killer tried to block it with one sword, but wasn't fast enough and got his right shoulder cut open. However he stabs his sword into the wound of Yozora's injured shoulder so they both took damage.

"Tell me kid. What's got you so worked up. You never knew these people. Hell i doubt they'd do the same for you if the roles were switched."

"Its because i refuse to let anyone suffer from monsters like you. I don't care if i die, but i won't let you hurt anyone else. I'll be a hero who saves everyone in front of him!!!!"

"Hero? Hehehehehehe.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I knew you were interesting, but this explains it. You're just like me. We're both killers aren't we."

They soon run towards each other again with their swords clashing. Yozora with an angry look on his face and the killer, though know one can see it, is smiling very happily.

"To be a hero who saves all means you have to kill. Besides how are we different. Demons are just humans who got turned to monsters. In a sense you're also killing humans that you vow to protect."

They kept striking each other trying to land a hit on their foe. Yozora is barely keeping up but the man seems to only get faster.

"To save many people, a few have to die. Besides i'm sure you killed a demon who you knew as a human. Joke all you want kid, but all you're doing is justifying and romanticized murdering others like i am. We're both just bloodstained killers. "

The man ripped off his hat. He had a feral smile as he held both of his swords that were stained in blood. But what surprised Yozora was that he was fighting someone he knew. No wonder he didn't sense a demon's ki, this is why he felt bloodlust earlier, the thing he was supposed to kill.....was actually a human.

"Human? Demon? We're all killers in the end. In the end i've sinned just as much as a demon. Are you really gonna let me live and continue killing because i'm a human? NONSENSE!!! WE'RE ALREADY ON A BLOODY PATH, SO LET'S CONTINUE UNTIL THE END, YOZORA!!!!!"

 Are you really gonna let me live and continue killing because i'm a human? NONSENSE!!! WE'RE ALREADY ON A BLOODY PATH, SO LET'S CONTINUE UNTIL THE END, YOZORA!!!!!"