Chapter 29 Just a Swordsmith

Muramasa pushed Rabo back with his new strength. Rabo was taken by surprise with this sudden burst of power. Rabo struck his sword against Muramasa's and found himself struggling to match his strength.

"What's going on? I had him at the palm of my hand, yet that mark showed up and now he's almost caught up to me."

Muramasa swung his blade, but Rabo jumped to the left and stabbed his sword into Muramasa's shoulder. The swordsmith in returned picked up a second sword and stabbed Rabo's left leg.

"You're far stronger than expected, Sengo Muramasa. I commend you. However, i'm afraid this is the end."

Rabo and Muramasa charged at each other. The two of them putting all of their strength in their muscles. Rabo picked up a sword. Muramasa thought he was gonna slash at him but saw Rabo holding the hilt of the blade like a spear.

Rabo suddenly threw the sword and it went pass Muramasa. Seeing this, the swordsmith ran in the direction of the sword seeing where Rabo was aiming.

"Please gods.....let me make it in time."

Rabo followed Muramasa with another blade in his hand. Muramasa ran faster and faster until.

"Like i said, it's the end."

The sound of a sword piercing flesh is what Onui heard. She peeked out a small crack in the door of the workshop. She saw Muramasa using his body as a shield while a sword was in his back. Rabo soon appeared behind the swordsmith while holding his sword.

"Not many see me use this, so feel honored. Shigure Soen Ryu, Eighth Form:Pouring Rain."

Rabo charged and slashed Muramasa, the blade of his sword cuts around him forming a cross slash. Muramasa's body was now covered in deep slash wounds with his blood spilling on the ground.

"Shigure Soen Ryu, First Form:Axle of Rain."

Rabo focused all his strength into his arms and legs. With a quick leap forward he charged at Muramasa at great speed and thrusts his sword. Muramasa couldn't react fast enough and his chest was impaled by Rabo's sword.

"D-dammit......"

Rabo walked to the defeated form of Sengo Muramasa. He then began to kick the swordsmith and bash his head against the ground. Onui couldn't take it anymore as she went outside with tears in her eyes.

"PLEASE STOP!!!!!"

Muramasa looked at Onui as blood stained his face. Rabo on the other hand was smiling seeing his plan had worked.

"It's me you're after right. If so, i'll go with you. Just please stop hurting Gramps!!!"

"Hehehehe. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! This was easier than i thought."

Rabo was laughing at the situation as he hits Onui hard enough to make her pass out. He carried her over his shoulder and started walking away.

"Give.......her....back..."

Muramasa slowly stood up but started to cough up blood. He slowly approaches Rabo but his sword was back to its normal color and his mark was gone. Rabo sneered at this and kicks Muramasa to a tree.

"Stay down, Muramasa. After your little stunt and your extreme loss of blood you're bound to die anyway. Besides, its your own fault for getting involved with HIS spawn."

With that Rabo left with Onui in his grasp. Muramasa fell down in tears as he felt himself get weaker and weaker.

"So this............is it.........."

Muramasa mutters to himself. Deep down he knew he couldn't beat a warrior so strong. He knew he couldn't protect anything. He was just a swordsmith after all. The only thing he could do was make swords.

"....sorry Yozora......Onui isn't home.........god......if you can hear me then please.....give Yozora the strength to bring Onui back. I don't care if it means i never get to see her, just please let that girl live and grow up into a woman. Please let her live a life free from this."

Muramasa......a man who would rather die than give up his pride was crying. He was praying for someone, for anyone to hear his plea. But no one came, he was there alone. He soon began to remember all the times he, Yozora, and Onui were all together.

".........those brats really grew up. Hehe. Instead of putting my faith in god.....i'll put my faith in you, Yozora. Thank you...for you and Onui....were more valuable to me than any blade i could create."
~Scene change, Butterfly Estate~

Yozora was training on trying to make a new form for the Breath of Moon. He felt himself getting stronger as he attempts this. He smiled to himself after seeing the results of his hard work.

"Right, now that i'm done i can go visit Onui and Muramasa."

Soon Yozora's kasugai crow flew in. Usually it would yell at him to get going on a mission, but Yozora felt its ki. The crow seemed to be in a sad state for some reason.

"Huh? What's wrong? Did something happen?"

The crow looked at Yozora and then after mentally debating, it spoke the news it was given.

"The Demon Slayer Corps swordsmith, Sengo Muramasa has died."