Chapter 36 Depravity

The battle between Yozora and Rabo continues. Rabo tries to slash at Yozora, but the boy sweeps Rabo by his feet to cause him to lose balance.

"Shigure Soen Ryu, Fifth Form: Early Summer Rain."

Yozora goes to slash at Rabo with his sword in his right hand. Rabo puts up his sword to guard as he saw Yozora drop his sword into his left hand and struck him. However, as Rabo blocked the attack he wasn't prepared for Yozora to already have another attack ready.

"Breath of the Moon, Third Form:Loathsome Moon - Chains."

Yozora swings his sword rapidly in two crescent slashes, from which a storm of smaller crescents spread. As Rabo only prepared to block Early Summer Rain, he suffered a devastating blow to his body as Yozora's attack rips apart some areas of his body.

"His second personality.....its swordsmanship is on par with Yaboku's. But to be able to use Shigure Soen Ryu and his Breath....Amazing....plus his eyes...they're more corrupt than i could think of."

Suddenly Rabo found himself in an onslaught of slashes. He tries to block each strike, while he could block the ones aimed at his vitals, most of his body was being slashed by Yozora's blade.

The boy in question said no word during this. His second personality has shown itself, it cares not for anything except survival and defeating the enemy. The look in his eyes were cold as ice yet his silence is what bothered Rabo the most.

"God of Calamity, Rabo. You claim to be a monster when in actuality, you're just a coward in the disguise of a swordsman."

"What?"

"My father met my mother. They both had a peaceful life, got married, and had me and my sister Akame. Yet you were stuck on the battlefield. My father didn't abandon you. You abandoned the future without a battlefield because you were too afraid on what to do without it. You are no God of Calamity, just a wimp playing pretend."

Rabo felt anger rising inside of his very being. All this time after his second personality showed itself, Yozora was silent. But now he speaks in a cold tone, calling him a coward. Yet, Rabo couldn't deny the words for some reason. Even so he was still happy, to find someone even more twisted and empty than him.

"You and i are alike Rabo, I will admit that. Both of us have blood on our hands. We're both broken and twisted, but there is one key difference. Muramasa, Onui, even the man who taught me this breath......they showed me i could have something more than regret and emptiness, but it was up to me to move forward to achieve that."

Yozora and Rabo clash blades again as a shockwave occured during this action. They kept swinging the blade, however they were trying to kill two different things. Rabo wanted to kill Yozora due to him being just like his father. Yozora didn't want to kill Rabo, rather........he wanted to kill the monster that Rabo became. To kill the creature that he himself could've been.

They jumped back and swung there swords. Rabo soon gathered all his power and focused it into all of his body parts. He held his sword to the side as his body was covered in water as he charged he thrusts his sword with amazing speed and power.

"Shigure Soen Ryu, Tenth Form:Clash of Swallow."

Yozora didn't move from his spot. He didn't guard himself. He plans to take this head on. He slowly walks towards Rabo as he states one thing.

"God of Calamity? How ridiculous, the battlefield has no place for God."

Rabo's sword pierced the left side of Yozora's chest as he impaled him to a wall. Rabo was sure he won. He finally taken down Yaboku's bloodline. He was the strongest and no one could rival him. However, Yozora grabbed the hand that Rabo was using to keep the sword in place as he controlled his breathing.

"I got you, God of Calamity. I've been practicing this for a while now. Time to see how it holds up. It still needs improvement but one slash should do."

Yozora took a deep breath as he prepared to finish this battle with one strike. With Onui and Muichiro not here, he'll unleash his new attack without worry. Rabo felt the need to get away so he pulled out his sword and leaped back.

"What's wrong, God of Calamity? Are you afraid.....of a human?!"

"You bastard.......... I KNEW IT!!!! YOU AND I ARE THE SAME!!! THOSE EYES SO EMPTY YET YOU CAN FEEL HOW CORRUPT THEY ARE!!! YOUR SWORDSMANSHIP, THOUGH THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE SHOWN YOURSELF COMPLETELY, THIS PERSONAILTY'S SKILLS ARE BEAUTIFUL, PURE, YET PROMISING DEATH!!!! COME YOZORA TSUGIKUNI!!!!! LET'S END THIS!!!!!!"

"Shigure Soen Ryu, Eleventh Form:Swallow's Beak!!!"

Rabo rapidly thrusts their sword numerous times towards Yozora, like a flock of attacking swallows. Yozora takes a deep breath as holds his nichirin blade.

~Meanwhile~
Muichiro was with Onui as they made it away from the shrine. He had a look of concern on his face. Onui had his arm around her to support him since the poison's effect is slowly leaving his body.

"Onui, right? There is something i want to ask you."

"Sure."

"Do you think that Yozora can win?"

Onui looked back at the direction of the shrine. She held one of her hands towards her chest and had a small smile.

"I know he can. Because when he has something to protect...something to fight for......Yozora is the strongest."

~Back at the shrine~
Yozora takes a deep breath and held his sword to the side with both his hands. Rabo could feel pressure as Yozora is using taking in as much oxygen as possible and focusing that power.

"This is it, something i can truly call mine. Breath of the Moon,Seventeenth Form:Piercing Heaven!!!!"

Yozora quickly swung his sword upwards as a giant slash followed by crescent blades slices Rabo's upper body as it travels through the sky. After that Yozora spun his body, gripped his sword in one hand, and performed another slash that sent a bigger crescent slash that sliced Rabo's neck thus forming a cross slash of crescent blades. Though this came at a price, Yozora's sword couldn't handle all the power he put into it all at once so when the attack finished it was shattered to pieces.

"So....i lost. Yet i don't feel bothered by it. Yaboku....if i was like you.....if i had the courage to leave the battlefield behind....could a monster like me......achieve a happy life like you did?"

As Rabo had these thoughts, he looked at Yozora with a look showing some form of warning. As he draws his last breath, he only had one thought left.

"Good luck, son of Yaboku.....there is no turning back. You've fallen right in the center of the hell known as a battlefield."

Yozora's eyes turned back into their normal brown color. He fell on one knee, the exhaustion almost catching up with him. His sword was shattered after using his new form of Breath of the Moon, but he avenged Muramasa and saved Onui.

"I did it Muramasa......Onui..........but Akame, i'm sorry. Your brother doesn't have it in him....to be a hero."