Chapter 151 My Name

"Yoriichi Tsugikuni....in many ways he is like the sun. He shines brighter than any person alive, his very presence is strong enough to reach anyone. There are as many swordsmen as there are stars in the sky, but there is only one Yoriichi Tsugikuni. But someone just like him, is like the moon. He shines only in the darkest of times, but when he does....it is breath taking. That individual.....is the boy standing before me."

Kokushibo couldn't believe his eyes. His entire torso was destroyed. He tried to regenerate, but it was regenerating so slowly that it may as well be useless. As he looked forward, he saw Yozora slowly approaching him.

"This boy pushed himself to the limit. He looks so tired that just a gust of wind could probably make him fall on his back. Yet here he is, approaching me with no signs of giving up. Yozora Tsugikuni.....if you and I swapped placed. If you were Yoriichi's brother instead of me, things could've been a lot different from now. After all....i'm nothing compared to you two."

"Michikatsu.........you really are amazing."

Kokushibo's eyes were wide as he saw Yozora standing in front of him. As he did, he saw tears forming in Yozora's eyes.

"You are a demon. You tried to kill Muichiro and the others. For that.....i will never forgive you. But even so.....that fight sent shivers down my spine. It pushed me to my limit and helped me grow into more of a person. I've learned so much, i experienced so much. I don't think i ever would have made it here without your help."

As Yozora gripped his blade tightly, he looked at Kokushibo. When Kokushibo looked at his eyes, he soon felt tears forming in his own eyes.

"One more time.......just for one second.....i want to fight against you. Just for one second.....i want to prove to myself that i'm strong enough protect everyone. Just for one second........i want to show you the potential of your descendants."

".......i abandoned my home. I abandoned my wife and children. I even gave up being a human. Just to reach the same realm of strength both you and Yoriichi live in. Tell me Yozora, why was i born into this world? Why could i never reach the same realm of strength as you and Yoriichi no matter how many sacrifices i made?"

Yozora stood in silence as he heard that question. He gripped his sword tightly as he looked at the Upper Moon in front of him.

"I can't answer that question. Neither can this Yoriichi person that you speak of. The only person who knows the value of your life is yourself. But you were so blinded by Yoriichi's value, that you couldn't even see your own. Michikatsu Tsugikuni........even though we're enemies, i'm proud to be in the Tsugikuni family. I'm proud that you chose to teach me your breath style. So please do not despair. You will never be forgotten, not as long as i am here."

Kokushibo didn't know what to say. He knew Yoriichi left behind something to prove he existed. His breath techniques, his hanafuda earrings, even his legacy. Kokushibo was positive that he would leave nothing behind in this world. That he would just be forgotten and no one would remember him.

"No matter far from home i drift, i will never lose heart. Because i will think of my older brother who gave me this flute."

Kokushibo remembered what Yoriichi told him when he gave him a flute as a gift when they were kids. It would only produce off-key notes, but Yoriichi loved it. When he died in front of him, after slicing apart his corpse, Kokushibo saw the flute and kept it with him ever since.

"................i guess i can leave something behind."

Kokushibo then threw something at Yozora. Seeing this, Yozora caught the object with one hand. When he looked at what he caught, he saw that it was a small flute.

"Yozora..........i'm proud to have lost to you. I'm proud to have passed down my breath to you. Most importantly, i'm proud to call you my descendant."

"Michikatsu...."

"Kill me, Yozora."

Yozora's eyes widen in shock. Once again, someone begged for him to end their life. Yet, he always knew what they meant. They just wanted their suffering to end. As Yozora held his crimson nichirin sword, he swiftly decapitates Kokushibo's head.

"Farewell.......my student, my descendant."

"Farewell.........my teacher."

As Kokushibo's head was separated from his body, he looked at Yozora. As he did, he felt tears escaping his eyes.

"So this is what its like to leave something behind. As i disappear, i'm reassured that i won't be forgotten. The person i trained on a whim grew up into a swordsman capable of besting me. Yet i feel so much joy. I'm happy to have met you, Yozora. While the sun shines brighter than anything, only the moon can illuminate the night sky.....so as my descendent, i have only one request. Live on and don't lose to anyone. Carry the Tsugikuni name with pride."

As he finished his last thoughts, Kokushibo fades away as his remains turned to ashes. Seeing this, Yozora sheathed his sword. He stood in silence for a moment. Soon he fell on his back as he was lying on the ground and the fortress seemed to be slowly disappearing.

"That fight took a lot out of me. Michikatsu.....you really were an amazing opponent. Yet i get the feeling, this war has only just started."

~Meanwhile~
Muzan's eyes were filled with shock. His strongest Upper Moon has been defeated and now he's the only demon to remain in this war with any combat skills. Seeing this, he already eliminated Upper Moon 4 seeing as she has no use now.

However, he felt a sudden chill down his spine. When he turned around, he saw a man walking towards him with a look of confidence on his face. Yet his instincts were telling him to run away.

"Who are yo-"

Before Muzan could finish his sentence, he felt his head being severed from his body. Soon he noticed something about the demon before him. Unlike most demons, he seemed to have no connection to him. As Muzan regenerates his head, he looked at the enemy in front of him.

"My name is Yhwach. I am the one who will rob you of everything."

The Demon Slayer Corps weren't the only people hunting Muzan

The Demon Slayer Corps weren't the only people hunting Muzan. Yhwach has finally arrived to the fight in the war. The true king of demons is about to be revealed.