Chapter 51 The Pillars and the Hero

~The Next Day~
Yozora was now in Onui's workshop with Muichiro and Sanemi sitting in front of him. Right now they were discussing on what move they should make.

"Sanemi, Muichiro. We'll be meeting with Takasugi Shinsuke tommorow. The plan is simple. While Sanemi and I head to Shinjuku to rescue Tasuke, Muichiro will head for the church on top of the hill to see if Nora is there."

The two pillars nodded as Onui looked at the boys. She was still worried, but she knew these three were strong. They'll do everything in their power to get Tasuke back.

"Okay everyone, let's save Nora and Tasuke."

~In the Outskirts of Shinuku~
Tasuke was sitting in front of a old storage house. He looked behind him and saw Tasuke wake up. The boy screamed in fear when he remembered what happened.

"What are you doing?!!!!"

Takasugi looked at the boy in front of him. Tasuke looked so terrified it was almost hilarious to him. The man soon smiled and offered the boy a drink from a small cup.

"Here, drink up. You must be quite parched."

Tasuke started to drink what was inside the cup. Takasugi looked at the boy as he suddenly saw Tasuke grab his chest in pain.

"I forgot to mention, that cup had a certain demon's blood inside. By the time Yozora gets here, you'll either be dead or worse."

Takasugi began laughing to himself. He could picture it in his mind how Yozora would react. He never planned on giving Yozora a fair chance at saving Tasuke. He thought giving him a bit of hope before he rips it away would be the perfect way for him to suffer.

"Well then, let the game begin."

~In Shinjuku~
Sanemi and Yozora entered Shinjuku. As they were walking into the city they started to talk to one another.

"Kid, why the hell did you join the Demon Slayer Corps?"

"I want to save as many people as possible. To save everyone in front of me so no one suffers. That's what i want but................"

Soon Yozora thought about Nora, Onui and Tasuke. Then his mind shifted to Akame and Muramasa as he clenched his fist.

"I lost two people important to me. As i grew older i realized who i wanted to protect. Sometimes i find my goals shifting from saving everyone to just saving those i cherish."

"I see. You can't decide huh. You dumbass, you're not some hero so stop thinking like one. You're a demon slayer so think of slaying the demon who took the people important to you away."

Yozora looked at the Wind Pillar in surprise. Soon Sanemi held out a fist towards towards Yozora. Seeing this the boy returned the gesture with a smile on his face. Suddenly the two boys stopped as Yozora felt a familar ki up ahead.

Grimmjow is seen standing in front of the two demon slayers as he has a hateful glare at Yozora. He remembered how he was only alive because Takasugi interfered and it pissed him off.

"You aren't going anywhere kid. Not until i grind your bones into dust!!!!"

Yozora grabbed his sword and was prepared to fight until Sanemi touched his shoulder. The wind pillar drew his own sword as he steps forward.

"You go on ahead, i can handle this sorry excuse of a demon myself. Don't go dying on me you damn brat."

".....heh. Right back at you, Scar Faced Bastard."

Yozora soon runs forward as he felt Takasugi's ki ahead of him. Grimmjow was prepared to chase after him until Sanemi already swung his sword. Grimmjow jumped back as he growled at the pillar.