Chapter 108 Our Time Together

~Flashback~
Nora was seen walking to Yozora's home the day after they first met. She wanted to check and see how the boy was doing. She soon asked around the village to see if they knew where he was. However, all she got were answers that left her feeling disgust towards the people.

"Why do you want to meet that cursed child?"

"No one cares about being near that brat."

"Just stay away from that monster."

Nora walked ahead as she couldn't stand being near the villagers. Why would they treat Yozora like this? As she walked in the snow, she saw a small house up ahead. When she was about to knock on the door, it was suddenly opened as a man was in front of her.

"Oh, Nora. Its good to see you again. I'm sure you already know who i am since we met recently, but allow me to introduce myself. My name is Yaboku Tsugikuni. I'd like to thank you for the medicine you brought."

"O-oh. It was no problem, Tsugikuni-san."

"Hah. Please, feel free to call me Yaboku. Besides i should be thanking you."

As Nora looked behind Yaboku, she saw Yozora standing behind him. She smiled as she was relieved to see he was doing okay. Seeing this, Yaboku spoke up.

"I'm sorry if the villagers caused you trouble. They're good people at heart, they're just misguided."

Yaboku held Yozora close to him. As Nora looked at Yaboku, she noticed something. Despite his calm and soothing tone of voice, Yaboku's eyes held a great amount of rage.

"Anyways, Yozora is very grateful to you. He wouldn't stop talking about you ever since you left."

Yozora lightly punched his father's arm. Nora smiled as she saw this. He seemed to be doing a lot better. As he saw how Nora looked at Yozora, Yaboku had an idea.

"Nora, why don't you and Yozora get to know each other. He could even show you around."

Nora was surprised by this. She didn't know why Yaboku would ask her when they only met just recently. Seeing her confusion, Yaboku spoke up.

"Yozora wouldn't speak about anyone he disliked. Heck, he wouldn't even remember them. Plus....your ki is telling me everything i need to know. You're a good kid plus......it gives me hope. If Yozora can make even one friend....i may be able to rest easier at night."

Yaboku mumbled his last sentence so no one else would hear him. Nora was shocked to see the man hold her in such high regard. As this happened, Nora felt something cold hit the back of her head. When she turned around, she saw Yozora holding a snowball.

"........well. Let's go."

After hearing those words, Nora followed Yozora's lead. Yaboku smiled as he saw the two children walking off. As he did, a soft smile was on his face.

"You can rest easy now, Shiki. Our son has finally found someone close to him."

~With Nora~
"You should stop coming to see me."

Nora was surprised to hear this from Yozora. The tone of his voice was cold and serious. As she looked at the boy, she couldn't help but feel like he didn't mean that in a negative way.

"If you keep coming back to see me, the villagers will think you're cursed too. So please, stop coming back."

"I refuse."

"Huh."

"I said i refuse. Just because you're use to pain doesn't mean you should endure it. Pain is something you should speak up about."

Yozora stood in silence, but that didn't last for long. Nora could've sworn she heard the boy chuckle for a moment. As Yozora looked towards her, he had a small smile.

"You seem to be able to tell when i'm in pain. I won't change overnight, so i might not tell anyone i'm in pain.....so you'll just have to stay by my side until i do."

~Flashback ends~
Yozora slowly opened his eyes and saw that he was no longer at the Shie Hassaikai's base. He recognized this place instantly considering how many times he's been here. He was inside of the Butterfly Estate. When he looked to the side, he saw Nora was sitting next to the bed he was in.

"Thank god.........you're okay."

Nora quickly hugged Yozora close to her. She was worried about him when he showed up severely injured. However she felt Yozora tapping her shoulder repeatedly.

"Nora! I tap out!!! I tap out!!! Please stop!!!!"

Yozora screamed in pain as Nora was hugging him tightly. Nora quickly lets go of Yozora as she looked slightly embarrassed by what she's done. Soon Yozora looked back at her with a questioning gaze.

"Nora, how long was i here?"

"You were unconscious for a week. We thought you were a goner. Onui even thought of bringing you donuts one day and thought you would wake up just to eat one."

".................are there still any donuts left?"

"No."

Yozora soon sits in a corner. He had one job. He had a chance to eat donuts and it was gone. He was filled with a sense of dread that no one could understand. Nora sweatdrops as she looked at Yozora being upset that he couldn't eat any donuts.

"Yep, you're definitely okay now."

Despite her sarcastic tone, she was happy that Yozora was okay. Meanwhile, one thought entered Yozora's mind as he remembered how he got here in the first place.

"Nora, how is Rappa?!"

"So that was his name. He's made a full recovery and already left. He is a bit crazy though. Everytime he visited you, he would ask the weirdest questions."

"...........is he okay? Can i kill him now?"

"Yep, that sounds like Rappa."

Yozora was glad that Rappa was okay. He owes him a lot since he was the one who got him out of the base after the fight with Chisaki. Yozora soon lies back down in the bed. While he's glad he defeated Chisaki. An ominous feeling consumed him.

"I get the feeling that things are about to get ugly."

~Meanwhile~
The sound of a train could be heard. It was arriving at the train station after visiting the last stop. As this happened, deep within a forest that was near the train, a large amount of screaming could be heard.

Lots of people wearing the Demon Slayer Corps' uniform were seen on the ground, sliced into multiple pieces. Their swords were stabbed into the ground as a single individual is walking pass their corpses with his sword stained in their blood. When he stepped into the shadows, he opened all six of his eyes.

"It's time."