Chapter 21 Butterfly Estate

Yozora is laying on the ground. His body was covered head to toe with wounds. Okada Izou really was a sword genius, he had to credit him for that. But now Yozora is badly injured. He could get up but that meant a lot of pain would hit him.

He looked at the sky, it was so clear. He blinked for a moment and he thought he saw a butterfly in front of him.

"Why hello there, your body is in such a critical condition. After you had just join us too."

He looked to his left and saw a beautiful girl with black hair and a butterfly hairpin. However, Yozora noticed her ki felt a bit....angry? He wondered why he felt anger from her when she was smiling.

"Don't worry. I'm quite good in the pharmaceutical field so i'm pretty amazing too."

Yozora looked at the girl. She wasn't lying, not one bit. At the state he's in, he might as well accept her help.

"Thanks, but could you tell me who you are?"

"Oh my, oh my~ How rude of me. Insect Pillar, Shinobu Kocho. Nice to finally meet you, Yozora-kun."

~Scene change, Butterfly Estate~

Yozora was lying in bed as Shinobu was wrapping him in bandages. He tried to do it himself, but Shinobu smiled while reaching for her sword so he decided to let her do it.

"To think you would have to fight a serial killer as your first mission. That truly is unexpected, Yozora-kun."

"My first mission and i'm already this messed up. I'm really weak, huh. Too weak."

"That's not true. Okada Izou, I heard he was a former member of the Demon Slayer Corps. However he didn't use a Breath so he relied on his swordsmanship. The fact he was one of the strongest in his time, its actually impressive you aren't dead."

Yozora's face paled a bit. When thinking about it, he really was lucky to not have been killed. Since he can sense ki, sneak attacks don't usually work on him. But he had one thing on his mind.

"Shinobu-san, i've been wondering. How did you know who i am when i didn't even tell you my name?"

"Oh my, oh my~. I guess i did forget to tell you. Well to be honest, i heard about you from the Flame Pillar, Rengoku-san."

"I see......wait.....Rengoku-san is a Pillar?!"

"Oh? Didn't he tell you?"

"No! All he did was smile the whole time repeating "Set your heart ablaze", while speaking loudly over and over."

"That does sound like Rengoku-san."

Shinobu and Yozora talked about a lot of topics. From Shinobu's work as a pillar and doctor to Yozora's old work as the cook at his home. They seemed to enjoy themselves as time flies by quickly.

"You know, i heard your name from Rengoku-san. But i actually learned about you from Akame-san, Yozora-kun."

"You knew my sister?"

Shinobu nods her head. She looks out the window,reminiscing about the past. She still remembers those times. The way her sister and Akame both worked on the Breath of Flower.

"She always talked about her family. Normally she's monotone and rarely shows emotion. But when it came to her brother and father, she always looked and sounded happy."

Yozora looked at Shinobu. He felt nothing but sadness for her. So he went and pat her head. Akame use to do this for him when he was sad, so he thought this would cheer her up.

"Think of it this way. We met because of how good friends our sisters were. So let's be friends as well. After all, we're all we got left."

Shinobu looked at the boy in shock for a moment. She didn't know what to think of Yozora at first, but this one gesture showed her. Yozora was a kind person at the end of the day, so she smiled and nods.

"Yes. Let's be friends, Yozora-kun. But it's important for you to rest and recover. If you act reckless and come back injured even worse i'll fill your wounds with poison~."

"HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT WHILE STILL SMILING?!"

"Don't be like that Yozora-kun. It was just something to help motivate you, so you won't get yourself hurt as badly."

"THAT'S NOT MOTIVATION, THAT WAS A THREAT!!!!"

"Please be quiet. After all this really isn't the place for screaming. I have to go work on something so i'll check up on you tomorrow. See you later, Yozora-kun."

With that being said Shinobu left Yozora alone on the room. Yozora stared at the ceiling and since he had nothing left to do he fell asleep.

~Meanwhile~
Shinobu arrived to meet with Ubuyashiki. She was told by the man to look after Yozora when he returned. After doing her job he summoned her to his presence.

"I did as you asked, Oyakata-sama."

"Thank you very much, Shinobu."

"Though i must ask, why did you assign such a difficult task for him. If i remember correctly, Okada Izou was Hashira level in terms of strength."

Ubuyashiki looked onward. He stayed still as if in thought. Then he stood up and spoke his thoughts on the matter.

"Shinobu, I am glad you show concern for him. You see, I chose Yozora for that mission because i have faith in him. Plus.....i learned the truth about him that helped reinforce my faith."

"The truth?"

Ubuyashiki smiled. Only he, Akame, and Yozora's parents knew the truth of the boy. He sat down as he knew that if Muzan learned of Yozora and his heritage, the boy may be in danger.

"That my child will be a tale for another time. When Yozora becomes strong enough to call himself a pillar one day."

Soon Shinobu was dismissed to tend to Yozora's wounds. Ubuyashiki was alone with his thoughts. As he was thinking, he remembered an image man and a promise he made to him.

"Don't worry, i'll make sure Akame's sacrifice and your's are not in vain. So rest assured I will raise your son into a strong person................"

Just then his memory played back. To a place where he was about to be attacked by a demon. But he was not afraid as a single man decapitated the creature in a single strike. Ubuyashiki knew this man very well. The swordsman who earned a title of God of Calamity by his enemies.

"................Yaboku Tsugikuni."