Chapter 98 This Means War

"What?! You're already a Hashira?! But you're two years younger than me!!!!"

Zenitsu was screaming as Yozora was telling him what happened after they last saw each other at the Final Selection. Onui laughed at Zenitsu's reaction, mostly because she reacted the same way when she first found out.

"What else have you been hiding from me?!"

"Umm..........."

As much as Yozora values his friendship with Zenitsu, he wasn't sure whether or not to tell him about Nora. The reason being that Zenitsu would annoy him about it.

"Nothing really, i'm not that strong Zenitsu."

"Oi, don't try to pity me. I'm the weak one and here you are being a pillar. Saying you're weak is basically a punch in the face to me."

Onui smiled as she saw them getting along. She was happy to see Yozora was acting like himself. She knew something must have happened on his mission to Mount Natagumo. Whenever she asked about it, Yozora wouldn't answer or just change the subject.

"Well Zenitsu, it was nice to see you again. I'll see if i can visit you tommorow."

"Thanks, will Onui-chan come with you again?"

"No, she may not look like it but she's a busy swordsmith."

"Oh, you don't need to visit me again then."

"Really, how about i make your stay here longer."

As Zenitsu looked at Yozora, he saw the boy cracking his fists with a smile on his face. As he looked at Onui for assistance, all she did was start praying.

"I'm sorry for my behavior. Come by anytime."

"Good. Well, we're off."

Having said their goodbyes, Yozora  and Onui start leaving the Butterfly Estate. As they did, Onui started holding Yozora's hand.

"Huh, why are you suddenly so clingy."

"I don't have a reason. I just felt like it."

Onui playfully stuck out her tongue at Yozora, while all the boy could do was smile. As they walk back to her workshop, they realize that the sky was dark. While Onui thought it was beautiful, Yozora had a bad feeling.

As Onui and Yozora walk together, they heard people murmuring as they looked at them. When Yozora looked forward, he saw something bright up ahead. Yozora and Onui nodded at each other as they ran together. The brightness came from the same direction that the workshop was located.

"I saw hell."

As the the pair got close, Yozora smelled something. It was the scent of ash, something being burned down.

"I saw hell."

Soon Yozora and Onui stopped where they were. When they saw what happened, they had no words left to say. Onui soon fell on the ground crying, while Yozora was clenching his fist. Onui's workshop, their home, was in a sea of flames.

"Our home......the memories we've made there...............who would do this?"

"Onui, you head back to the Butterfly Estate. I'm sure Shinobu will have a room to spare for you."

"But Yozora, what about you?"

Yozora puts a hand on the girl's head as he smiled at her. This smile told her that Yozora will have this under control. Onui stood up and went to the Butterfly Estate. As she was out of sight, Yozora walked towards a certain church.

"You better have some answers, you damn priest."

~At the church~
Kotomine stood alone in the church. As he was at the altar, he heard the doors to the church being opened. As he turned around, he smiled as he saw who entered.

"It has been quite some time since you last visited this place, Yozora Tsugikuni."

As the priest looked at Yozora with a smile on his face, Yozora only glared at the priest in front of him. He decided not to mince words as he spoke.

"Kotomine, do you have any idea who started the fire on Onui's workshop?"

"Oh? What makes you so sure that i would have the answers you seek?"

"Your ki is a dead give away. If you lie, i can instantly tell by your ki. You could tell the truth or tell a lie. Either way i'd still get the same result. So start talking, Kotomine."

Kotomine chuckled as he heard this. It seems Yozora is starting to change and he was enjoying every second of it. As he saw the boy's serious expression, he decided to speak up.

"A yakuza group, more specifically the Shie Hassaikai. They are a formidable group with one goal. To destroy the Demon Slayer Corps. Their boss wants nothing more than to destroy it and to regain something."

"Do you know where they are located?"

"But of course. In fact, i'm sure you are familiar with it. Deep in Mount Natagumo, you will find the location you so desire."

"I see. Thank you, Kotomine. However, there is one thing i need to ask you?"

"What might that b-"

Kotomine didn't finish his sentence as Yozora suddenly slashed his back with is nichirin sword. Blood was dripping from the blade as Kotomine was now on the ground.

"Do you have any connections to the Shie Hassaikai?"

Kotomine didn't speak a single word. As he looked at Yozora, he saw that his eyes were like that of a machine. No one's life was at stake from this moment, yet he still wanted to find the people who did this. Seeing that Kotomine wouldn't talk, Yozora left the church. Kotomine was now alone in the church.

"Hehehehehe. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Yes! That look in your eyes is perfect. Rejoice, boy. Your wish, will at last, come true. Your eyes have shown me everything. You are close to being the Hero of Justice you always wanted to be."

~Meanwhile~
As Yozora is walking alone, his hair was shadowing his eyes. However, underneath his silence was nothing but hatred towards the ones who caused this.

"They were willing to do this out in the open. They were willing to risk innocent lives. If i didn't bring Onui with me to the Butterfly Estate, she would've...."

Yozora didn't finish that thought. As he began his journey to Mount Natagumo, he had one goal in mind. He'll destroy the Shie Hassaikai.

"Will you join the Shie Hassaikai?"

Yozora was positive. That demon had a part to play in this. On this night, Yozora Tsugikuni pledged to kill the demon known as Kai Chisaki. As he looked up, his eyes were revealed and they held no signs of mercy.

 As he looked up, his eyes were revealed and they held no signs of mercy