Chapter 38 Family Bonding

"RRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!"

A loud roar echoes through the sky. A man is seen running for his life. Behind him, something is chasing after him while it destroys everything in its path.

"Please don't k-"

The last words of the man wasn't finished as the demon slammed an axe sword that seemed to be made of marble onto the man. Soon after, the demon ate what remains of the man he just killed. With having killed and eaten its victim, the beast released one last roar in the night.

~ At the Butterfly Estate~
"Well i'll be going. Tell Yozora i'll be busy trying to make a sword for him, got it Muichiro?"

"Sure. I'll try not to forget.....i guess."

After Onui was saved, Ubuyashiki helped fund a new workshop close to the headquarters. Since she learned from Muramasa, Onui is now Yozora's new swordsmith. However it will take a bit of time for her to make a new sword for him.

As Onui walked out the room she was planning on how to improve something Muramasa made. Right now her priority is to make a great sword for Yozora. She soon goes to her workshop and got to work.

"Yozora is working hard."

"Yeah, though i wish he didn't always come back so injured."

"I agree but it shows those demons he fights are strong but Yozora's stronger if he survived."

Three girls were discussing about Yozora. They were Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi. When Yozora is at the Butterfly Estate to visit and he's not injured, he would make meals for everyone there. The girls would often help him when making food too. Right now they were going outside to see Yozora.

 Right now they were going outside to see Yozora

"Ok, it's time to start training."

When they went outside they found Yozora in the training ground holding a bow in his hand. He reached for an arrow and prepared to launch it. He looked at the target as he drew his bowstring back as he had the arrow in place.

"Breath of the Moon is powerful but it can still be improved. I mostly use my speed and power for it. However one might ask how i get the crescent blades to go in my desired direction. The answer to that is accuracy."

Yozora lets go of the bowstring as the arrow flies through the air. Soon enough, the arrow hits the very center of the target. He soon looked at the other targets, he took a deep breath and fired three consecutive arrows as they all hit the center.

"Amazing Yozora."

"That was so cool."

"I never knew you were so good at archery."

Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi were so amazed to see Yozora do archery. When Yozora held the bow it was like he was a different person. However, they also noticed that when he does archery he doesn't show a desire to hit a bullseye or even the target.

"Thank you. I think doing archery helps me with my accuracy, plus this sort of thing is kind of the only exercise i can do while i wait for my sword to be made."

Muichiro walked to the training ground. When he got there he saw Yozora shooting arrows at various targets. When Yozora was done he finally called out to him.

"Hey Yozora, Onui's gonna be gone for awhile. She says she'll be starting on your sword."

"Thank you for telling me, Muichiro.....say.....you want to try target practice with me?"

"Sure!!! I'd be happy to."

Muichiro had a wide smile on his face. Soon he grabbed a bow and some arrows for himself. Yozora gave him advice everytime he missed. Soon it turned into a competition. Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi were acting as judges.

"Wow, this is amazing."

"It is but.............."

"It's so one sided that it just looks sad."

What the three girls saw was amazing in a way. While Yozora hit all the targets in the center, Muichiro manage to hit everything except the target. Yozora is seen laughing while Muichiro was blushing from embarrassment.

"Wow Muichiro, i don't know what's worse. Zenitsu's whining during my Final Selection or your aim."

"I don't know who that is....but that sounds insulting to me and i want you to take it back."

"No way i'm doing that Mui-chan."

At this point Muichiro covered his face with his hands. Yozora sat next to him and pats his head. Soon everyone went inside the estate. Tonight, Shinobu would be back from a mission. Yozora wanted to do something special for everyone.

"Hey everyone. You all just relax in the dining area. I'll take care of the cooking."

"Eh? You can cook, Yozora?"

"Why are you looking at me like i said something completely unexpected, Muichiro. But yeah, i can cook, you all just relax."

Soon Yozora entered the kitchen with a purple apron on. He soon got out the ingredients and started to cook. The scent of it was reaching the others.

"Oh~. Something smells good, who's cooking?"

"It's Yozora, Kocho-san."

"Eh? Yozora-kun can cook? Though i got to say it's still not as surprising as the other thing. I never knew you two were related, Tokito-kun. Though you seem to be a lot happier. I thought it was impossible for you to smile."

"You're making too big a deal over me just smiling."

"Yep, him and Yozora-kun are family alright."

As they all talked Yozora was getting done with the dinner. He soon came out the kitchen and set the dish down. Everyone was waiting in anticipation, wanting to see what he could've made.

"Geez, this is more intense than fighting demons when you all stare. Well since we're all here i thought i should make something special, so eat up."

Everyone's eyes widen once Yozora took the lid off of the dish. They all saw a very spicy dish known as Mapo Tofu.

 They all saw a very spicy dish known as Mapo Tofu

"Well everyone let's eat."

As soon as Muichiro ate it, he was already sweating but couldn't stop eating. Kaho, Sumi, and Naho drunk water after eating it but it was still delicious.

"Oh my~ Oh my~. I never knew you were such a good cook. But could you take off the apron. You almost look like a house husband."

"S-shut up. I'll do it when i'm done eating ok."

"I never seen you so embarrassed Yozora-kun. It's almost adorable."

Soon everyone enjoyed the meal. They all laughed and enjoyed talking each other. Soon Yozora had a smile as he looked everyone.

"Heh. It's times like these that should be valued the most."