Chapter 157 End of the War

"Tokinada.......i've lost. I've lost yet this was the most exciting thing that has ever happened to me. Yozora and Kurome were empty like me. Somehow, they both manage to become more human."

Yhwach's head landed on the ground. Soon he looked at Yozora, who was approaching him with his blade in hand. Seeing this, Yhwach merely smiled.

"When i saw them act human, i began to think. Could i become more human like them? But no matter what i did, i still felt emptiness inside. I only felt joy when there was chaos. I only felt joy at others suffering. However, even that began to become dull."

Soon Yozora was only a few inches away from Yhwach's head. As he stood their, he noticed Yhwach's eyes began to look more dull by the moment.

"I wonder....if i met this boy before i realized how empty i was, could i be given a second chance like him and Kurome. Could i live as a human? However, i must say.....i don't regret choosing this path. After all, out of all the outcomes i've seen with The Almighty....it seems this one came true."

As Yhwach looked at Yozora, he saw it. The vision that was so beautiful that it scared him. Right in front of him, Yozora stood tall as he had his blade in hand.

"Are you ready to repent?"

Yhwach simply laughed as he felt his eyes growing heavier by the moment

Yhwach simply laughed as he felt his eyes growing heavier by the moment. He could tell what happened to him during that last strike. When Yozora slashed his neck, he noticed that the crescent blades were gone as Yozora's sword was coated in Rain Flames. Not only that, he couldn't even regenerate after that last attack. It looks like Muzan was telling the truth. Yhwach has turned back into a human.

"Yozora.....the demon slayer corps battle is over. But your's has still yet to be finished. Tokinada Tsunayashiro.......or rather Tokinada Ryougi is still out there, waiting for you."

"Tokinada........."

"He merely used me as decoy. To distract you all while he masters his Blood Demon Art. It was the Ryougi family that turned Muzan into a demon in the first place. Even if you take me out, if Tokinada is alive, then you'll be forced to repeat this cycle. Though he had a message he wanted me to give you."

Yozora looked at Yhwach with a serious expression. He was sensing his ki the whole time and he could tell that he wasn't lying. Soon Yhwach spoke up.

"Meet him where your journey first began. He will be waiting there for you and hopes that you come alone. If you tell anyone of this, he'll simply hunt them down to silence them. This is your battle and yours alone. After all, the sins of your family caused all this chaos.  Hehehe.....i can't wait to see.......what you'll do."

Yhwach...no, Kotomine Kirei was no more. As his head was lying on the ground, Yozora sheathed his sword. When he did, the serious expression on his face never left.