Chapter 32 The Cursed Shrine Maiden

Yozora and Muichiro have been searching for Onui for two days. They would stop for breaks when necessary and fought some demons that were in their path.

"Yozora......are we getting closer."

"Don't worry, Muichiro. We're closer to where she is."

Right now Yozora and Muichiro were in an open field. However, Yozora could feel Onui's ki up ahead. He was so close to saving her.

"Onui......i promise. When i save you, we won't be seperated again."

"Yozora, we have company."

"Yeah. This ki is corrupted. Just like Tomoe's ki was....meaning this person was turned to a demon."

Suddenly several kunai were thrown at Yozora and Muichiro from all directions. The two boys looked at each other and nodded, already knowing the other's next move.

"Breath of Mist,Third Form:Demisting Blast."

Muichiro performs a circular slash that blew away the projectile attack. Yozora was already charging in the direction he felt the ki come from.

"Breath of the Moon,First Form:Dark Moon - Evening Palace!"

With a swift slash from his sword, Yozora generated numerous crescent shaped blades that were slicing apart everything in his frontal view.

Soon he saw a woman step out of his carnage. She had long black hair and a eye patch . Yes, this was Mochizuki Chiyome.

"That breath style......your face...........you........YOU'RE THE BASTARD THAT TOOK MY HUMANITY!!!!!!"

She glared at Yozora with a hateful gaze. However, she didn't see Yozora at the moment. No, what she saw was the man that took her eye long ago. The man who forced her to ingest a certain demon's blood. The man with the same breath as Yozora.

"You......i'll make it so even your corpse isn't left!!!!!"

The woman threw kunai at the two boys, they dodged the kunai however they felt off. It almost felt as if something was eating away at them.

"My blood demon art, by channeling the curse, i can lace my weapons and attacks with an invisible poison."

Chiyome soon brought out her own sword. Using her blood demon art her blade is now imbued with the cursed poison.

"Breath of Moon, Eighth Form:Moon-Dragon Ringtail."

Yozora uses a direct frontal attack that creates single gigantic slash heading for the woman. Seeing this, Chiyome moved to the side unaware someone was already predicting her move.

"Breath of Mist, Fourth Form:Advection Slash"

Muichiro dashed at the woman with incredible speed. By the time Chiyome noticed Muichiro was sheathing his sword. Her lower body was slashed but she was smiling.

"Hey, stop smiling at me. It's creepy."

"You're a rude one, but i have every right to smile. After all you fell for my trap."

As she said this Muichiro started to cough a bit of blood. She was charging in ready to strike until Yozora blocked her strike with his own sword.

"I won't let you hurt him or anyone else."

Muichiro stood up, but he felt as if his body was slowly shutting down. He started to control his breathing to help keep the posion from circulating in his body as much.

Chiyome puts her hands on the ground. Soon she began to plant her curse into it. Yozora felt it's ki and jumped back. As soon as he did an eruption of the curse rised from the ground.

"Tch, so you can sense ki. But that won't be enough. Plus....you said earlier i won't hurt anyone anymore. Then...i wonder what that means for Onui."

Chiyome decided to go with Rabo's plan. She took pulled out of her sleeve a ribbon that belonged to Onui. Seeing this, Yozora's eyes widen.

"Onui's ribbon....."

Chiyome smiled after seeing that her master's plan worked. She had Yozora at her mercy through this deceit.

"Yep....she's a lively one that girl. Or should i say was. We wanted her to stop but she wouldn't stop screaming so we resorted to force."

She let's go of the ribbon letting it fly off. Yozora's hair shadowed his eyes so no one could see his expression.

"Breath of Mist, First Form:Hanging Sky, Distant Mist."

Chiyome found herself being stabbed by a straight forward thrust from Muichiro's sword. However she held onto Muichiro and used her blood demon art to poison him further.

"..........."

Silence filled the air. Chiyome felt a cold shiver through her spine. She looked up and saw Yozora who held Muichiro over his shoulder. After putting the Mist Pillar down on the ground he walked forward to face Chiyome.

"Oh, are you mad? You only have yourself to blame. Or maybe...you should blame Muramasa for being to weak."

"......................."

As Muichiro got up he looked at Yozora's back. Soon he saw something flash before his eyes. The way Yozora is acting now, his demeanour, even the way he carried himself was now different.

"No....i can still sense Onui's ki. She's alive so i can still save her."

Yozora shook his head as he focused on Chiyome. He seemed to have regained his senses for the moment. But that situation awoken something in the pillar that saw this scene unfold. Soon Muichiro remembered who Yozora reminded him of as he said one thing.

"Uncle Yaboku?"