Chapter 10 The Swordsmith and the Night Sky

The sound of metal clashing fills the air. Muramasa charges at Yozora with the blades he named Kanshou and Bakuya. Yozora sensed his Ki and moved to the left as he goes to slash at Muramasa's arm, only for the swordsmith to sweep the boy's leg and kick him to a tree.

"It's been 5 hours Yozora. You're starting to slow down abit."

"Keep acting cool, Muramasa-san. It'll give me time to catch up."

Yozora stood there covered in bruises as Muramasa didn't have a single scratch on him. Just because he could predict his attacks didn't mean his body was fast enough to dodge as it was now.

"Think. He made lots of copies of Kanshou and Bakuya before hand. Maybe i can use that as an advantage but how?"

Yozora stands there catching his breath as he suddenly charges forward. He swung the twin swords at Muramasa, but the swordsmith jumped up while twisting his body as he swung his own pair down onto to the boy. Yozora spun on the heel of his foot and blocked it but his swords got destroyed in the process.

"Heh. Your ki sensing saved you. But you can barely keep up. Our skills are like night and day. Plus you lack experience, so how do you intended on filling that gap?"

Yozora stood their trying to collect his thoughts. Just landing on hit on Muramasa is easier said than done. He barely was able to kill that demon. If anything, Muramasa made that fight look like child's play.

"There is a reason why you can't hit me. You're soft. You're worried about hurting me. You're worried on how Tasuke and Onui will feel if i got hurt. That sentiment is sweet, but will you worry about killing a demon? Will you worry about the demon who turned your sister into one and you were forced to kill her. That's the difference between you and Akame. Unlike you she has the instinct to kill without restraint. If you run you'll regret it, if you hesitate you'll die. Those are the words me and her live by. If your kindness is what cripples in battle, then discard it for the battle. Otherwise you'll die saving no one."

Muramasa swung down his sword as Yozora jumped back, only to get kicked into the ground. Yozora knew he was right. He was worried on what would happen if he injured Muramasa. He was an important swordsmith after all plus Onui and Tasuke's caretaker. But he needs to remember. Right now at this moment. He is an enemy.

"You're right about me. But you're a human so of course i'd be worried Muramasa-san. However there is merit in your words, so i'll come at you with all i got. Even if its a crazy or dumb idea, i'll see it through."

Yozora picks up Kanshou and Bakuya, he throws them at Muramasa's neck. The swordsmith used his own to deflect them, but when he did so Yozora was already closing in on him with a second pair of the twin swords.
The thrown Bakuya returns from behind to attack Muramasa and Yozora immediately strikes with the Kanshou in his hand. Muramasa used one sword to block Yozora's strike and the other to stop the sword that was going to hit the back of his neck as he thinks to himself.

"What the- these attacks are-"

Directly afterward, the thrown Kanshou returns and Yozora uses the Bakuya in his hand to attack as well. Muramasa swung his swords upwards to block the last attack which left him exposed for a moment. So Yozora grabbed his final pair of twin swords and slashes down on Muramasa in a downward X-motion.

"Hehe. Hahahahahahaha. Looks like ya got me Yozora. Tell me how did you come up with this crazy scheme."

"You had more experience than me so i knew you'd block any attack i threw that seemed predictable to you. So i made my moves predictable four times in a row so that when you let your guard down, you'd be wide open."

Muramasa was stunned. This kid, his sister, they were both geniuses in their own right. He stood up as he walked into the shop. A small smile appeared on his face.

"Looks like she was right about you. You're definitely gonna go far, kid."

Yozora walked inside as well as he sat down with Muramasa. They soon discussed on what he should do better and get rid of any wasted movement. Afterwards Onui came in with Tasuke on her back. She looked a bit mad at Muramasa.

"Grandpa, you promised you wouldn't go too far!"

"Oi,oi. Don't blame the old man. The brat wanted the training to be intense so he can yield better results. If anything i've been on my best behavior."

"................."

Onui just stared at Murama's eyes in silence. At first Muramasa wasn't phased at all. Then he had a nervous sweat the next second. After that he laughed nervously.

"Ok. I promise not to be so aggressive next time."

Onui smiled and went to make dinner.  Yozora just looked between Muramasa and Onui. Shocked that a girl the same age as him just scared a grown man with just a stare.

"Sometimes........a girl can be even scarier than a demon."

Muramasa looked at Yozora and nods. Both of them share a laugh the next moment. In a way Muramasa and the boy bonded. As they were all eating he decided to tell them something.

"Well kids its almost time for bed. Anything ya want before going to sleep."

Yozora was deep in thought. He was planning on using this time to train on the Breath of the Moon. Suddenly Onui stood up.

"Oh,how about a story?"

Muramasa looked at the kids and nodded. Now as for what story. He had one in mind. One about a certain girl who has passed.

"Alright kids. Let me tell you the story, of the Red-Eyed Demon Slayer."