Chapter 158 Aftermath of War

~Timeskip~
Three months have passed since the fight with Yhwach. So many things have occured during that war. To be honest, most of the Demon Slayers were surprised that the nightmare was over.

As for the remaining Pillars, they were at the Demon Slayer Corps' headquarters as they met with Kiriya Ubuyashiki, Kagaya Ubuyashiki's son, since he was now the current leader of the organization. Since the long fight against demons was over, he called them all to meet with him.

"Thank you for coming. Today marks the final pillar meeting. Giyuu Tomioka, Mitsuri Kanroji, Gyomei Himejima, Sanemi Shinazugawa, Shinobu Kocho, Muichiro Tokito, and finally....Yozora Tsugikuni. You seven are what's left of the pillars. Sadly.....we did lose some people because of this war, but the fight against demons is no more. Thus....the demon hunters are disbanded as of this day."

"As you wish."

All the pillars agreed with Kiriya's choice as they bowed their heads towards him. Kiriya smiled as he looked at the pillars.

"You risked your lives for the longest time, you've fought and devoted yourselves to protect the people of this world. We, the Ubuyashiki family, thank you from the bottom of our hearts."

Kiriya bowed his head towards the pillars. Seeing this, Yozora stood up and walked towards Kiriya. The other pillars were wondering what he would do except for Sanemi, Muichiro, and Shinobu.

As Yozora stood in front of Kiriya, he kneeled down to reach the boy's height. Soon he puts a hand on his head and gave a soft smile.

"It's okay. If you wanna cry, then cry. If you want to scream, then scream. Its okay because in the end, it's those feelings that are proof that we're human. Plus you said it yourself, the demon slayer corps is disbanded. You are no longer a leader, you're a boy who lost his family. So there is no need to hold back."

As Kiriya heard this, he felt tears forming in his eyes. Soon he couldn't stop himself from crying. The other pillars smiled as they agreed with Yozora on the matter.

"Thank you.....thank you!"

Soon all of the pillars began to leave the room. As they did, Sanemi saw Genya waiting for him. Genya ran up to Sanemi as he had a smile on his face. Seeing this Sanemi pats his brother's head as they head to his home.

While that happened, Shinobu and Muichiro were waiting on Yozora. When they saw the boy approaching them, they had a smile on their face.

"It's finally over, Yozora. All of the bloodshed has come to an end."

"I guess so. What do you plan on doing now, Shinobu?"

"May as well turn the Butterfly Estate into a hospital. I can't let what i learned go to waste. Plus, since you always seem to get into trouble i might be able to get rich from just you alone."

"Yeah, Yozora is a bit of a troublemaker."

Soon the three pillars started to laugh. As Yozora looked at Muichiro and Shinobu laughing, he smiled. He was glad their fight came to an end, but he couldn't put down his sword just yet. As Muichiro looked at his cousin, he asked him something.

"So Yozora, what are you doing to do now?"

"........i don't know, Muichiro. But i have something that i need to do. I can't rest easy now that i know i still have an obstacle left."

Muichiro saw that Yozora had a serious expression. Seeing this, Muichiro smiled at his cousin as he said one thing to him.

"All i have to say is this.....come back home alive. "