Chapter 115 Pillars for Humanity

Kokushibo was in complete shock by what he just witnessed. The attack that he just launched was cut cleanly in two. As he looked to his left, he saw two things. An enormous slash mark deeply imprinted onto the ground and the entire left side of his body was sliced off. He soon looks at the boy who launched the attack. He was standing tall as he held his blade, however as he looked closer he saw Yozora breathing heavily as it looked like he would pass out at any moment. As his body was regenerating, Kokushibo spoke to him.

"Yozora Tsugikuni......you said you were not my successor. You said you aren't a second Yoriichi. You said you would make me acknowledge you. I said whether you are worthy of knowing my true name or not has not been seen."

The demon soon turns around. As the boy slowly fell on his back, the demon walked in the opposite direction of where Rengoku and the others were.

"Yozora Tsugikuni..........you are a strong swordsman. I am Michikatsu Tsugikuni, remember that name."

Having said that, Kokushibo quickly left the area. Yozora was on the ground, breathing heavily. As he reached his hand out towards the sky, he clenched his hand into a fist. He fought to stall Kokushibo and keep him away from the others. He finally did something right. As he looks towards the sky, he muttered to himself.

"I won.....Rengoku-san."

Soon Yozora gripped his sword tightly. As he was on the ground, he started to crawl in the direction where he sensed Rengoku's ki.

"I need....to....hurry."

Yozora's vision was starting to get blurry. He's doing everything in his power to stay conscious as he keeps crawling to where the others are. He could feel it, his consciousness slipping away from him. As he was about to pass out from exhaustion he felt a familiar ki near him.

"Heh, you just don't know when to quit, do you? This ain't the end for you, dammit. Until we have our rematch, you aren't allowed to die or lose to anyone."

As Yozora looked to the side, he saw a man standing before him. He was tall and muscular. However, Yozora smiled when he saw the man was wearing a familiar looking mask.

"Leave it to the others. That flame pillar is strong....have faith in him."

The man carried Yozora over his shoulder. As he began walking towards the direction Yozora was heading for, the boy smiled as he was slowly passing out from exhaustion.

"Thank you.......Rappa."

~With Rengoku~
The smoke in the area cleared as everyone in the vicinity bare witnessed to what happened. Rengoku's solar plexus was pierced by Akaza's right arm. However, Akaza was also gravely injured. The demon lost his left arm as a giant slash mark was behind him. 

Akaza felt saw his own blood dripping onto the ground. Rengoku tries to put more strength in his grip on his blade as he coughs up blood. However, Akaza noticed the mark on Rengoku's face was slowly disappearing.

"You'll die!!!! You're gonna die, Kyojuro! Become a demon! Tell me you're gonna become a demon!!! You are one of the strong ones who got chosen!!!!"

As this happened, a thought entered Rengoku's mind. He thought of a single person that helped him become the man he is today.

~Flashback~

"Kyojuro."

"Yes, mother?"

A young Rengoku was seen talking to his mother as they both sat in their home. Rengoku could tell that his mother was serious about something.

"Think really hard on what i'm about to ask you. Do you know why you were born stronger than other people?"

"Hmm.......................i don't know!"

"Its to save the weak. People who were born and blessed with greater abilities than others, have to use their power for the world, for the people. Hurting others with your power which was gifted from the heavens, and soiling your clothes is unforgivable. It is the obligation of the strong to save the weak, your mission requires you to fulfill your duty properly. Don't ever forget that."

"Okay!!!!"

Soon the young Rengoku found himself in his mother's embrace. As he looked up at her, he saw tears escaping from her eyes.

"I will not be alive much longer. It was a blessing to become a mother of such a such a strong, gentle child."

~Flashback ends~
Rengoku gripped his blade as tightly as he could and swung it at Akaza's neck. The mark that was on Rengoku's face has disappeared and he's using every amount of strength he has left.

"Mother,the same goes for me. It was an honor to have someone like you give birth to me!"

Akaza was surprised Rengoku still had any strength left. As he felt the sword getting deeper into his neck, Akaza's left arm finally regenerated. As he used it to throw a punch at Rengoku, the flame pillar used his other hand to stop it.

"He stopped me?! What unbelievable strength! Crap it's getting too close to dawn! I have to kill him quickly and get away from this place!!!!"

"I won't let you get away!!!!"

Akaza found himself struggling to escape Rengoku's grasp. As he looked at the flame pillar, he saw the flame pillar was using all his strength to keep him in place. As this happened, Tanjiro grabbed his blade as he was ready to assist Rengoku, despite his injuries. Akaza tries to get away before the sun comes up, but Rengoku isn't going to let go. Soon he felt the blade sinking deeper into his neck

"Damn you!!!!!"

"I won't let you go! Not until i cut off your head!!!!"

Akaza saw Inosuke and Tanjiro running towards him. Soon he plants his feet firmly into the ground and jumps with all his might. As he did this, Rengoku's sword broke as the demon lost both of his arms during the jump.

"Now to head to a place where the sun won't get to me."

Akaza dashed through the words. However, Tanjiro wasn't going to make it easy for him. After taking a breath, Tanjiro through his sword as hard as he could. Before he knew it, Akaza had a sword through his chest. As he turned around, he saw Tanjiro right behind him.

"Don't run away you coward!!!!!!"

~With Yozora~
As Rappa carried Yozora through the forest, he saw a train up ahead. As he looked, he saw a bunch of demon slayers. However, one of them was very loud.

"AHHHH!!!!! ITS ANOTHER DEMON!!! I won't let you hurt Nezuko-chan!!!!"

Zentisu freaked out as he saw Rappa, but soon he saw the person that he was carrying. When he got a look at that person's face, he gasped at the sight.

"Yozora!!!!"

"S-shut up, Zenitsu."

"What?! Is that any way to talk to a concerned friend, you jerk!"

Yozora laughed slightly as he looked at Zenitsu. Yozora looked around the area for a moment. As he did, he pointed in a certain direction. Seeing this, Rappa followed the direction he was pointing at. As the man looked closer, he saw a boy with hanafuda earrings and the kid he fought in Mount Natagumo talking to a man with one eye open and was covered in blood.

"Ah....you're here too....Yozora."

".....i'm sorry i'm late.........Rengoku-san."