Chapter 78 The Night of Battle

Murata was checking on Yozora to see how he was feeling. The boy hasn't woke up yet, but his heart was still beating. Murata sat down as he waits for the backup that he requested. As he waits he looked at the boy.

"The backup will be here shortly. Hopefully they send another pillar to help us."

~With Muichiro and Rengoku~
The two of them are running to Shinjuku as fast as they could. While Rengoku had his usual smile, Muichiro had a look of worry on his face.

"You seem to be troubled, Tokito-kun. Are you perhaps thinking about Yozora?"

The mist pillar nods his head. Rengoku could tell that Yozora must have made an impact in Muichiro's life for him to show concern.

"I know Yozora wouldn't lose to just anybody. Either there's a reason behind it or something unexpected occured."

Rengoku nods at the boy as they are closer to Shinjuku. The Flame Pillar silently thinks to himself on this situation.

"Young Yozora is the same age as Tokito, only joining for a month, but he is still a pillar. If he lost, could the demon we are facing be one of the Twelve Demon Moons?"

Rengoku and Muichiro soon reached Shinjuku. They saw the sun was still in the sky so it would be a while before any demons show up. They search around the city in order to find where Yozora was located. They asked the people around them if they saw a boy matching Yozora's description, soon they saw a boy with the demon slayer corps' uniform on walk out an inn.

As he steps out, the two pillars make their way towards the young man. When they were face to face against the young boy, Rengoku decided to speak.

"Young man, are you the one who requested our help!"

The boy nodded his head towards Rengoku. Though he was surprised when he saw Muichiro. He knew a pillar would show up, but not two of them.

"Yes, my name is Murata. Yozora is resting inside of the inn. Let's head inside, i'll fill you in on everything."

Murata brought Rengoku and Muichiro into the inn. As they walk to the room Yozora was in, Muichiro has a look that is full of nothing but worry. Soon Murata and the two pillars reach the room. When Murata opened the door, Rengoku and Muichiro were shocked to see Yozora bandaged and covered in blood. Muichiro ran to Yozora's side to check on his cousin's condition.

"Yozora!!!! Yozora!!!! Come on, open your eyes!!!!"

Murata and Rengoku look at Muichiro with a sad look in their eyes. As they sit down, Murata decided to tell them all the events that happened so far. Rengoku listened to the story Murata told and nods his head.

"So Yozora got injured because he was protecting you. Murata, you have nothing to regret or feel guilty about. I'm sure Yozora doesn't blame you for any of this. I bet if you were in danger he would jump in to save you again without a second thought."

"That's what i'm worried about. Why is he so ready to risk his life for someone else? Usually people would prioritize their own life first but Yozora.............."

They all looked at the boy in question. No one said a word, but they all understood. They knew Yozora didn't care what happened to himself if he knew he could save someone. It was kind on the surface, but in reality it's like he doesn't care if he's alive or dead. Muichiro then broke the silence in the room as he voiced his opinion.

"Yozora.....out of everyone in the Demon Slayer Corps, i think my cousin may be the most broken."

~With Zenon~

Zenon is seen deep inside of a cave near Shinjuku. He knew that Yozora was alive for two reasons. The first being that when he stabbed Yozora, he was in a hurry because the sun was rising. The second being that he knew a simple mistake like that wouldn't kill Yozora.

"I always hated that kid. From the moment he was born, his mother died. The moment he found out his mother's death, his eyes became cold and empty. From the moment the village laid eyes upon him, he was deemed cursed. Over and over, his life was full of sorrow. But what i hate most about that boy....."

Zenon's mind showed him an image of Yozora on his back. While Zenon was similing, Yozora's eyes were void of any emotion.

"He couldn't even try to rely on his siblings or anyone. He always thought the whole world was against him, so he gave up on fighting back. Why? Why does that irritate me so much? It's his fault...it's his fault......it's his fault Akame is dead, so why? Why did i hesitate to kill him?"

Zenon kept thinking to himself. As he did, his mind replayed some words that Yaboku once told him.

"You are one horrible liar, Zenon. Are you sure you hate Yozora? Or do you hate the world for putting Yozora in his situation? It doesn't matter how much you deny it, but you love Yozora as much as you love Akame. Deep down, you accept Yozora as your brother, but you don't accept the position he was born in."

"Tch. That damn old man, even when he's not here he manages to get inside my head."

Zenon looks out the cave and sees the sun is starting to set. He planned on going back out to finish Yozora's life. If he does, Kotomine will give him the Blue Spider Lily and his master will finally have his goal realized.

"I know my mission and i will complete it. I will kill whenever i'm told...so why.........."

Zenon looked down at his hands. He didn't know why, but his hands were trembling. Soon he stands up and walks out the cave as it is nighttime.

"It's time. I will end this."

~At the inn~
Rengoku has his sword ready as he prepares to leave. When he was at the door, he saw Muichiro was still by Yozora's side. The Flame Pillar smiled and looked at the boy.

"Let's go, Tokito-kun. The faster we eliminate the demon, the faster we can return to his side. After all, we both worked with him on a mission and during both those times i'm sure he gave it his all to finish the job. Right now, its time for us to give it our all to help him."

"Right. We can't stay in his shadow after all."

Muichiro smiled as both he and Rengoku walk out of the inn. Murata was resting in another room since he stayed up patching Yozora's wounds. However, when everyone was out of the room, Yozora's hand twitched a little.