Chapter 11 The Red Eyed Demon Slayer

~Flashback 4 years ago~
Akame is running through the forest chasing down a demon that was said to be seducing the men in a certain area and consuming their flesh.

"It must be around here somewhere. The report said it lures them with alcohol and seduces them. So i'll have to search for a place where the scent of it lingers the most."

Akame was sixteen years old and had just started her job as a Demon Slayer. Right now she's in search of a demon who has eaten many men in the area. This was her first mission without being accompanied by a pillar, so she was determined to prove herself.

"Though i have been wandering around this forest for a while. Maybe i should he-"

Suddenly Akame stopped in her tracks as she held the handle of her nichirin sword, Murasame. She listened closely as she heard the voice of a woman.

"Oh my~ Are thou looking for me~"

"So you've finally revealed yourself, demon."

"That's rude. Even a demon like me has a name. I am Shuten Douji. Try not to drown in the intoxication~"

 Try not to drown in the intoxication~"

Akame looked at the demon before her. Her tone sounded soothing to most. But Akame could feel it, the bloodlust she's radiating. She knew she couldn't afford to hold back so she drew her sword, ready for combat.

"Shuten Douji

"Shuten Douji. I'll be sure to put that name on the list of demons that my blade has decapitated."

Akame rushed at Shuten and vice versa. Their swords clashing with one another. Akame then went for a kick to Shuten's arm, but the demon noticed this and jumped back. However Akame already planned for this.  She leapt foward and goes slash Shuten's arm until Shuten takes off a cork off of one of her jars as a strong scent is released. Akame immediately smelled the posion and jumped back.

"Breath of Flower, Second Form:Plum Spirit."

Akame then swings her sword in several rotations, using the wind caused from each of them to blow the poison away from the area.

"My, my~ You're a bit tougher than the others who aim to kill me~ Just who are you?"

"Akame. Simple as that. Now then......"

Akame and Shuten once again clash blades. Arms,legs, neck, even the lungs. Both of them aimed for these spots only for the other to block and counter. The sound of swords clashing against one another is all that is heard. Akame sweeps Shuten's leg and went to stab her throat only for Shuten to smash one of her jars on the ground releasing a poison so strong the trees, grass, even the ground itself started melting. Akame noticed this and jumped away to gain some distance. But this poison smelled familar.

"Awwww~ You noticed. That ruins the surprise a bit. But yes, this is my blood demon art. Its alcohol mixed with my blood making it a lethal toxin. If a human drunk this their insides would melt. It makes picking out the bones very easy~."

Akame took a step back. All she needed was one slash. Just one clean cut can help her achieve victory. She thought of her father who was severly ill. Then one thought came to her mind. Her little brother who was 6 years old at the time. She needs to survive. She knew her father would pass and she needed to be there for her brother.

"Oh~ You seem to have a determined look on your face. I wonder what thou hath been thinking of to receive such an expression~"

Akame just stared at Shuten as she gripped Murasame. Her expression grew cold as she herself let her own bloodlust show itself for a moment. There is only one thing on Akame's mind, surviving.

"I see. We are birds of a feather. You slay demons for justice. When in reality you crave blood and violence just like one~ No wonder you're so skilled at killing demons~"

"You got it wrong, its because i hate seeing people die....that i took a job to kill. So the blood i spill will be the last."

Shuten could feel it. The girl in front of her really wanted nothing more than to save people, but she was realistic and wanted to survive as well. However she felt as if this girl and perhaps her family are more than what they seem.

"Well then i believe it is time for the fun to end. Don't you think so Akame~"

They both charged at each other once more. Only Shuten poured her alcohol onto her sword, strangely her sword did not melt which meant it was now coated in poison. Just as they were inches apart. Akame jumped in the air.

"Breath of Flower, Sixth Form:Swirling Peach"

After evading Shuten's attack, Akame spins around and used her bodyweight to deliver an attack onto Shuten's back.

"Oh~ You landed a hit. However it won't change the fact you wi-"

Shuten suddenly found her body paralyzed. She couldn't move and it felt as if her body wouldn't listen to her. But she also felt as if she has gotten weaker.

"Shuten Douji, you aren't the only one who's sword is toxic. The sheath of my sword is filled with liquefied wisteria flowers. Since Murasame is always in its sheath its basically coated with it. Just one slash and you end up like this."

Shuten was stunned. All this time she thought she had Akame under her thumb, when in reality the roles were reversed.

"Kill me, Akame."

Akame said no words. Her eyes no longer being as cold. She knew what to do. It was her job. As a demon slayer there was only one thing she needed to do.

~flashback ends~

~flashback ends~

"Woah my sister actually did all that?"

Yozora and Onui looked in awe. To hear such a girl fought a powerful demon on her own was incredible. To Onui, Akame was like a role model after hearing that story. To Yozora, his sister was like a goal he needed to reach. Muramasa looked at the kids and pat their heads.

"Yep. Akame was strong. Hell i'd say too strong. But that's the story of how she made a name for herself. Yozora, to make your dream come true. To defeat any demon on your path. You'll have to do anything it takes to catch up and surpass your sister. Are you ready for that?"

Yozora looked at Muramasa. After hearing that story he knew for sure. He will get stronger to protect everyone. He needed to. That's why he will do what it takes.

"Yes, Muramasa-san. I'll do it. So no one has to suffer,i'll get stronger. So for these next four years....i'll give it my all."