Chapter 7 The Potential of a Nobody Pt.2

Yozora then charged at the demon. As he ran he held the sword to his side. The demon jumped back, ready to throw his daggers until he suddenly saw the sword near his face. He moved swiftly to the left to dodge it.

"When did he get so fast?! He was just injured severely and could barely get u-"

The demon couldn't finish the sentence as Yozora drove his fist into the demon's face sending him back a few inches as he was bleeding. Yozora then picks up his sword.

"This kid threw his freaking sword just to land a hit on me?!"

Just as soon Yozora got the sword the demon stood back up. He still saw that image. The image of Akame standing next to the boy he's trying to eat. Feeling as if this spirit is mocking him.

"Dammit!!!! Dammit!!!! Dammit!!!! Why.....you took my face. You nearly took my life. But worst of all you took my one chance at salvation away. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT TO TAKE FROM ME AKAME?!?!"

Yozora was shocked to see this outburst. But the fact this demon knew of his sister is what caught him off guard. So much so the demon took this chance to stab his leg and jump back as Yozora screamed in pain.

"At first i planned on eating you. But the more i see your face, the more i'm reminded of her. And it angers me to an extreme extent boy. Now i only want you dead!!!!!!"

The demon then ripped off the bandages that covered its right arm. The arm itself was longer than his left arm, being more of a claw, but it gave off this dreadful feeling.

Yozora was scared, but he stood his ground and held his sword tightly

Yozora was scared, but he stood his ground and held his sword tightly. His eyes showing that he is now more focused on surviving.

"Those eyes. You two even have the same look in your eyes. I hate them. I hate those damn eyes. That's why you have to die!!!!!"

"Well demon.....if i'm gonna die....THEN I'M TAKING YOU WITH ME!!!!!!"

~Flashback~
The demon stood before Akame. Her sword drawn and covered in blood, walking closer to the creature. For once in his life he felt fear. Fear of death, fear of being put down, and yet he craved it. For the salvation that comes with it. But before she could chop off his head she ran away as she saw a fire. A fire located where her little brother was.

"Why.........you cut off my arms. You cut off my legs.You sliced off my face.  Your eyes were that of a killer who's only objective is to survive and eliminate. You were the one who was suppose to end me! YOU were my salvation, and you took that away from me!!!!! Living constantly in fear of HIM, I can't say his name. I can't defy him. YOU WERE MY HOPE AKAME AND YOU STOLE IT ALL FROM ME!!!!!"
~Flashback ends~

"I WON'T SUFFER THAT FATE AGAIN!!!! NOT TO YOU, BOY!!!! BLOOD DEMON ART!!!!"

Suddenly its arm began to shine an ominous red as it grew in size.

Yozora stood there

Yozora stood there. The sensation he felt was ominous. He'll die. He'll die. If the attack hits him, he'll die. He gripped his sword, took a deep breath. If he was gonna die, if he was gonna meet his family in the afterlife anyway, he might as well go to them after finishing what he started. He soon charged at the demon at full speed.

"Die!!!!! Blood Demon Art:Zabaniya!!!!!"

The demon's arm rushes forth at an alarming speed. The speed and power behind it are enough to leave a gaping hole in a human's chest as he would rip out their hearts.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH"

With one last shout Yozora put all his power into one swing. His body already reacting to this technique, as he saw through the demon's body for a second. The blood flow, muscle movement, and skeletal structure. He saw all of this in that one second, if he could somehow manage to survive or dodge the demon's attack he could live another day.

"Give it up boy!!!! No one can survive my Zaba-"

"Breath of the Moon, First Form:Dark Moon-Evening Palace"

The demon that watched Yozora battle the masked demon from a distance, in a single motion, drew his sword and swiftly slashes the demon's arm off as numerous chaotic crescent-shaped blades originate from the slash.  

"What the-?! Why.....why is that demon helping this brat?"

Yozora took this chance as he swung his sword focusing all the strength and energy into his arms.

"This is the strength.....OF A NOBODY!!!!"

Soon Yozora's sword went through the demon's neck, separating the head from the rest of its body. He panted as he fell to the ground. He slowly lost consciousness but one thought came to mind.

"I.......won"

The demon's head rolled on the ground. His body began crumbling. He wasn't sad. He wasn't angry. He didn't even feel the need to curse Yozora's name. He felt.....relief. As if he had been freed.

"Bo-........young man. I am a demon. A monster who devours humans. However even we demons have a fear. Mine being that man. I almost died once but the woman who almost killed me ran off. I don't know if it was out of pity or not. But i hated her for it. But now here i am at death's door. Thank you.........for once.....after how many years passed......i feel...a bit human for once."

Those were the last words spoken from the demon. The battle was over. However as Yozora was passed out on the ground, the other demon who was hiding walked out as he was writing something in a book.

"You did better than expected. Did you see it? The same world that i see? No matter."

The demon picked up Yozora and placed him inside of the abandoned home with the book he just wrote in.

"I shall stand guard for this one night only. I wrote that book in a hurry but the details are all the same. I will kill you with my own hands once you've reached it. The pinnacle of strength. But to help you get to that i pass that book on to you, the book that contains what will help you in the future."

The demon walks out as he utters one name. The name of the breath that he has passed down to his future prey.

"The Breath of the Moon".