Chapter 24 A Gamble or a Miracle

~Flashback~
Tomoe is seen sitting on a hill. Right next to her was her husband Yoshinaka. They gazed at the sunset after almost finishing the fight in a war.

"Yoshinaka-sama, what is it you're fighting for?"

The man laughed softly after hearing his wife ask that question. He stood up and looked over the land. A smile appearing on his face.

"I want to save everyone and make them happy. At least that's what i tell everyone and myself. But there is another reason. I fight so you can have someone to rely on, Tomoe."
~Flashback end~

The sounds of steel clashing against each other rings through the air. Tomoe and Yozora are seen making quick slashes at each other. Tomoe's sword causing flames to erupt due to her Blood Demon art, while Yozora was just using his swordsmanship to counter the strikes.

Tomoe jumps back as she grabbed a red bow and launched three arrows at Yozora. The arrows soon erupt in flames, but Yozora swung his sword to knock each arrow into different directions.

"......."

No words were spoken between the two. Tomoe and Yozora calmly walked to each other, that soon changed to running as they clash blades. They both go for a downward slash as their swords strike one another.

Soon enough they pushed each other away to gain some distance. Tomoe soon launched several arrows that erupts in flames. Yozora grabbed his sword, thinking of his next move.

"Breath of the Moon, Third Form:Loathsome Moon-Chains"

Yozora swung his sword rapidly in two crescent slashes, from which a storm of smaller crescents spread, destroying the arrows in the process. Tomoe closes the distance while this happens and hits Yozora's side with her naginata while igniting it.

Yozora grunts in pain but kicks Tomoe in the gut, pushing her back in the process. Tomoe looks at the boy with an analyzing look. The way Yozora fights, his gaze, even his dream. Why? Why did he have to remind her of Yoshinaka?

"Breath of the Moon, First Form: Dark Moon Evening-Palace."

Yozora quickly drew his sword and slashed at Tomoe as a multitude crescent shaped blades originate from his attack. Tomoe spun her whole body as she held out her naginata and ignites it on fire to shield herself from the attack.

Tomoe then dashed at Yozora at great speed. Yozora held his sword ready for an attack from her weapon. Tomoe ducked down to avoid a slash from him. She then picked up Yozora's body and threw him into the air.

"The scent of the battlefield brings back memories. These flames will consume everything....just as the sun's light consumes the world."

Tomoe held her bow and drew back the strong. She held a single arrow in place as it ignites and seems to burn more furiously by the second.

"These flames are my anger for the traitors, these flames are the regret i hold for failure, these flames are the love for a man and his dream."

As she takes aim at Yozora the space around her seems to be burning so hot the area around her is melting. Flames dance around her figure as she's ready to fire.

"This is a flame that will last generations! Blood Demon Art, On Arorikya Sowaka!!!!"

A loud explosion is heard as the arrow now resembling a meteorite rising soaring the the sky is fired into the air. A trail of flames following its path. Yozora held his sword in front of him as if to block.

"Please stop, Yozora-kun. I know you are strong but you can't handle this. So stop this madness. If you don't die, then the moment your dream betrays you, it will make you wish for death. Being born is a miracle, miracle's only happen once. So your dream won't have a conclusion where you and everyone else are happy."

"Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!"

With fierce roar, Yozora clashes his sword against the flaming arrow. The sleeves to his haori are burning off leaving his arms exposed. The hilt of his sword starts to get hot. He takes a deep breath. He needs to survive, he will survive. He's betting everything on this gamble.

"Total Concentration. Breath of the Moon, Eighth Form:Moon-Dragon Ringtail!!!"

With all his might, Yozora pushes his sword down onto the flaming arrow with a single frontal attack to create a single gigantic slash. This move sliced the flaming arrow in half as it goes straight for Tomoe.

Seeing this the woman side stepped to avoid it as a deep trench is formed when the attack landed where she originally was. She was impressed by the amount of power it had, but her Blood Demon Art took a lot of energy out of her.

Yozora fell back down on the ground using his sword to help him stand back up. He too was exhausted since he used most of his strength to not let Tomoe's attack kill him. As he stood up he looked at Tomoe and smiled.

"Miracles only happen once, huh. Well what do you call this situation then."