Chapter 73 Unfortunate Reunion

Yozora was on his way to Shinjuku. He knows that he has to hurry since this mission was urgent. As he ran as fast as he could, he still couldn't shake off this feeling of dread he has.

"This feeling......i know it all too well."

Yozora frowned as he was alone with his thoughts. He runs faster to Shinjuku with this uneasiness looming over him. He had a feeling that this battle was not going to be an easy one.

~Shinjuku~
After a long travel, Yozora finally reached Shinjuku. When he did, he looked around the area. He sensed someone's ki filled with fear and sadness.

He walked around the city in search for the source of this ki. Soon he finds himself in front of an inn and saw a boy wearing the same demon slayer uniform as himself. He walks in front of this boy and touched his shoulder.

"Excuse me, i'm sorry if i am rude but can i speak with you. I'm Yozora."

The boy looked at Yozora. He was expecting a pillar to be here, but Yozora didn't look like much to him. Soon he decided to indulge in answering his questions.

"I'm Murata, i was assigned to take care of a demon here with my team but........."

Murata's body was shaking when he thought about what he saw. Just the thought of that sight was making him nauseous. As he was shaking, Yozora felt nothing but fear coming from Murata's ki.

"They were all killed. I saw the monster who did it but.....my body wouldn't move. I was so terrified that i couldn't do a damn thing."

"It's okay Murata. Feeling fear is a normal reaction and a survival instinct. I understand how you fee-"

Yozora couldn't finish his sentence as Murata grabbed him by his collar. He held an angry look as he glared intensely at Yozora.

"HOW COULD YOU UNDERSTAND HOW I FEEL?! To see the ones close to you dead and on the ground, meanwhile you feel powerless. Not able to do anything to save them. How can a kid like you understand that?!"

"..........."

Yozora didn't say anything back to Murata. He didn't even want to fight back. All he did was take Murata's hand off of him and turned around.

"Don't worry. I promise, we will avenge every single person lost here today. I swear as a member of the Demon Slayer Corps."

With having said that, Yozora was on his way to the forest outside of Shinjuku. Murata looked at the boy as he walked away. Though Yozora didn't say anything, his eyes told Murata he experienced something worse than he did. Soon he ran to catch up with Yozora.

"Yozora!!!!! Please wait!!!!!!"

Yozora stopped walking as he heard Murata's voice. When he turned around, he saw the young man was out of breath. As soon as Murata caught his breath again, he asked Yozora one thing.

"Do you mean what you said? About avenging everyone lost."

"I never go back on my word. I may not understand what you feel, but i know what it's like to feel helpless and weak. Now that i'm stronger, i want to make sure no one ever feels that way again. Murata, i swear on my pride as a demon slayer, i won't let the death of our comrades be in vain."

As Yozora walked forward, Murata was left speechless. A kid younger than him had so much courage, yet here he was shaking in fear. He began to wonder how many battles Yozora faced in order to be like this. Soon he followed behind Yozora and spoke.

"I'll lead the way. I may not be as good a fighter as you, but i can at least show a path. Just promise......make the monster who killed my team pay."

"I plan on it."

Yozora followed Murata into the forest. As they go further into the forest, Yozora felt a strong ki up ahead. Though what caught his attention was what he saw next. He saw corpses on the ground with their swords stabbed in to the ground right next to them.

Murata's body was shaking as he saw the sight. Soon Yozora realized that these people must have been Murata's team. Murata looked at Yozora and was surprised.

"How can he be so calm? Everyone is dead yet he doesn't look fazed. What is wrong with him?"

"I'm use to seeing seeing dead bodies, so i'm sorry if i seem a bit insensitive. Though, the bastard responsible is ahead of us. Murata, you can head back to the city if you want to. I'll handle him."

Just as Murata was about to answer, something was rushing at him in high speed. Suddenly Yozora unsheathed his blade and cuts the object. When it fell to the ground, Yozora and Murata saw that it was a bone.

"So you manage to block that. I got to say, i didn't expect that Yozora."

"That voice........."

Yozora's head was aching when he heard the voice. He heard nothing but static in his ears as an image flashed before his eyes. He started seeing himself, Akame, and another boy in his village all together. They were all smiling with each other as Yozora's father, Yaboku, was looking at all of them with a smile.

"So you're remembering me. I guess that makes things easier doesn't it, little brother."

Soon the demon steps forward as Yozora was holding his head in pain. Meanwhile Murata hid in a tree a few feet away from them. Soon the demon stood in front of Yozora.

"Truly, you're as pathetic as ever

"Truly, you're as pathetic as ever."

"Is that you.......brother?"