Chapter 82 Goodbye My Brother

Zenon was falling from the sky. The only thing that was seen was his severed head. His head was sliced off and his body was disintegrated afterwards. He lost and he knew it, yet he didn't feel that upset about it.

"So this is how it ends for me. Even as a demon, i'm no match for you. Yet why do i feel so relieved? I feel no anger towards you, no hatred. No, that's not it. I never hated you to begin with. I hated......being so useless. The village hated you, you saw no worth in your life, and all i could do was nothing but watch."

As Zenon's head was starting to crumble away he looked at Yozora. He was never open with Yozora in the past because he saw no point in doing so. As Yozora stared at Zenon's head, all he felt was sadness from his ki.

"If I had been open with you from the start… and looked you straight in the eyes and told you the truth, would i stand before you now as a demon or would i have become a demon slayer along side you. I can't change the past. So this time, I want to impart this truth to you. You don't ever have to forgive me. And no matter what you do from here on out, know this.....i will love you always."

As Zenon is crumbling away, he saw Yozora's face one last time. What he didn't expect was for tears to be falling from his face. Soon Zenon looked at Muichiro and Rengoku. With his final thoughts he spoke one thing in his mind.

"Thank god you won't be alone Yozora. For now.....you have two people who will be better brothers to you than i'll ever be."

Having said his final thoughts, Zenon's being was no more. Yozora just stared at the sky where his brother once was. He kept looking with a sad look in his eyes.

"Akame, Tasuke, and now Zenon. Those are siblings who i couldn't save.....but.....all i can do is keep moving forward....."

Yozora starts falling but Rengoku caught him. Yozora smiled as Rengoku and Muichiro both helped him to stay up as they all walked back to Shinjuku.

~At the Inn~
Murata was waiting for the pillars to return. He was wondering if they were okay since he saw how strong the demon was with his own eyes. Soon he heard someone knocking on the door. When he opened the door he smiled.

"Sorry i left you without a warning, Murata."

"Young man, you'll be happy to know we vanquished the demon."

"Who are you again?"

As soon as the three pillars finished what they said, they all fell to the ground with a large thud. Murata looked at the them like they were insane.

"The pillars are scary in more ways than one."

After being on the floor for a couple of minutes, the pillars got up and walked to beds. Muichiro and Yozora were throwing pillows at each other, Rengoku was laughing as he watched, and Murata was just tired.

"WILL YOU ALL JUST GO TO SLEEP ALREADY?!"

~The Next Day~
Muichiro woke up and looked around the room. Both Rengoku and Murata were asleep, but he noticed Yozora wasn't in the room. Muichiro walked out the room and went outside. When he left the inn he saw Yozora standing alone and looking at the sky.

"Yozora............."

"Oh, good morning Muichiro. Sorry that I left without saying a word.
I just needed some time to think."

Muichiro stood next to Yozora as they both look at the sky. The felt the wind blowing and the sun shining on them. They were both silent as they look at the sky.

"Muichiro......do you think i did the right thing?"

Muichiro looked at Yozora for a moment. Despite how calm he sounded, Yozora's body was shaking. Muichiro was worried about Yozora, since he has a good idea on why he's like this.

"Event though he was a demon, Zenon was still my brother. Akame, Tasuke, and now Zenon. All of them were turned to demons and the one who always ended their lives was me. Was killing them really the right thing or should i have spared them and tried to find a way to make them human again. I don't know if it's possible, but if it is.....that would mean i killed my family in cold blood. My acts of mercy would be reduced to just murder."

Muichiro looked at Yozora in shock. He never knew his cousin had such thoughts. Soon he spoke up to Yozora, trying to think of a way to cheer him up.

"To be honest, i don't know if it is the right thing. It's not my call to make, but i believe Tasuke didn't see you as a killer. Yozora....you've lost a lot but you gained something as well. After all, you still got Rengoku-san, Kocho-san, Onui, Nora, and myself. Just know i'm here to back you up."

Yozora looked at Muichiro and thought about what he said. It's true that he lost many things, but he gained so much after starting his journey.  Soon Muichiro found himself hugging his cousin who was in tears, but he wasn't bothered by it. The mist pillar smiles as he hugged Yozora back.

"Thank you.....thank you Muichiro."

"Don't worry Yozora. I promise...........i won't let you be alone for as long as i live."