Chapter 111 Rengoku and Yozora

~Timeskip, with Rengoku~
"So you can use your Total Concentration breaths all the time now! Impressive, impressive!!!"

Rengoku was standing before an injured Tanjiro with a smile on his face. They just defeated Lower Rank One, but Tanjiro got injured in the process. As the boy looked up he saw the Flame Pillar.

"Rengoku-san....."

"Doing that all day is taking one step to becoming a pillar!!! But it might take ten thousand steps towards pillardom."

"I'll try my best....."

As Rengoku started to instruct Tanjiro on how to stop his own bleeding with his with his breathing, for a brief moment....instead of Tanjiro, he saw Yozora when he was still just a little kid. As this happened, Rengoku smiled as he noticed similarities between the two boys.

"Kamado, earlier you asked me if i knew anything about the style that your father taught you. I didn't have the answer, so you can feel free to not answer what i'm about to ask now. What is your opinion on Yozora, the Moon Pillar? After all, you two didn't have the best introduction."

Tanjiro thought about it for a moment. He remembered what Yozora did and said during the trial. Though he didn't sense any malice behind what he said and what he did.

"He's so young. He's probably around Nezuko's age and we both took the Final Selection together, yet he's already a pillar. To be honest, i'm amazed by how much strength he has to do so. Yet, i can't help but feel sad. Its obvious he's seen more battles and suffered more than i can imagine. Plus i can tell what a person is feeling by their scent. When he looked at me and Nezuko...on the outside he looked angry, yet his scent had nothing but sadness behind it."

Rengoku nods at Tanjiro's words. The boys had a similar start on their journey, yet one small difference sets them apart. As Rengoku looked at Tanjiro, he spoke up.

"Kamado, it is as you say. Yozora has suffered a great deal. During that trial......i think its because of how similar you two are that he acted the way he did. So i ask of you, do not harbor any ill will towards him. He may be a pillar, but he's also a young boy who has suffered enough."

As Rengoku said this, both him and Tanjiro heard a loud noise right next to them. As Rengoku looked to the side, he saw a demon standing before him. When he looked at the demon's eyes he saw marks in them that showed his rank.

"Upper Rank Three........"

~With Yozora~"Breath of the Moon, Sixth Form:Perpetual Night, Lonely Moon - Incessant!!!!"

~With Yozora~
"Breath of the Moon, Sixth Form:Perpetual Night, Lonely Moon - Incessant!!!!"

~With Yozora~"Breath of the Moon, Sixth Form:Perpetual Night, Lonely Moon - Incessant!!!!"