Chapter 3 The Demon Slayer Corps

"Hahahahah!!!! I told you we would make it in time, young man!!!"

Rengoku is laughing wholeheartedly, as Yozora is on his back. His eyes swirling as he mumbles, "I think i hear Grandma calling me". He felt as if he just experienced something akin to being punched in the gut after eating a meal.

"So have we made it to the destination, Rengoku-san?"

Rengoku looked at Yozora and nods. However, something plauged his mind. He knew Yozora was alive, obviously. But when he saw his face he felt as if he was talking to a dead person. Like the brother that Akame talked about and the boy he's carrying weren't the same. He just seemed a bit......broken.

"Yozora-kun, you are aware of the Demon Slayer Corps right? We fight to defend humanity against the demons! In a way, we are humanity's sword!!!!"

Yozora nodded. Since his sister was once a member she told him somethings about it, even so far as to tell stories about some of her missions. Though he still doesn't understand what she meant when she said, "Don't bully the water boy."

"Yozora-kun, do you know what you wanna do? You don't have to join, no one will force you. You could stay at another village, make your own shop, run your own business. Anything really, just think carefully on what you want to do,ok!!!"

Yozora took Rengoku's words to thought. What should he do? What should his next move be? In all honesty, it would make sense to just start over. However he made a promise, a promise to help make his sister's dream a reality. To save people so no one has to suffer. To make a world where everyone is happy and can share a laugh.

"I think i know what i want to do Rengoku-san. However let's focus on what we need to do for now and then discuss this."

Rengoku nodded, satisfied with the answer for now. Soon they reached it, the Headquarters for the Demon Slayer Corps. In his heart, Yozora was quite nervous. To be in the same place his sister worked her way to be in, to be in a place with swordsman ready to risk their lives to save people like him who could do nothing against a demon. However, something inside him made him feel like he was meant to be here. His intuition telling him to hurry so he can finally start his way into becoming a swordsman.

"Mom, Dad, Sis, and everyone in the village. Please, watch over me. This is my first step.....into the path known as a swordsman"

In a room, silence was the only thing present. A man sat there deep in thought, a smile gracing his face. He looked up and spoke to himself.

"Rest in peace, Akame. You were excellent my child. I promise to take good care of your brother. Now then, i must go meet him. The last member of a bloodline i thought was wiped out. You believed in him, so i shall also put my faith in his potential as well."

The man stepped outside to meet this boy. To see the boy who survived, the one that someone of Akame's caliber acknowledged. Once outside he was met with a familar voice.

Rengoku took a knee in front of the man as Yozora got off of his back. Rengoku then looked at the man with a look that Yozora can only describe as complete loyalty.

"Oyakata-sama, i am happy you were able to be present. I pray that you may continue to move about at your leisure."

The man looked at Rengoku with a smile on his face. He then looked at Yozora with a look of surprise and mild confusion. He shook his head and spoke.

"Thank you very much,Kyojuro Rengoku. Young man, you must be the brother of Akame. You have my sincerest apologies. If it is not to much to ask, may i have a word with you"

 If it is not to much to ask, may i have a word with you"