Chapter 33 Victims

"Curse this blood of mine. Curse this sin i carry. Curse the man who turned me to a monster."

Muichiro and Yozora stand a fair distance away from Chiyome. They both have their swords in hand. Chiyome held a dagger in one hand and a sword in the other.

".................Yozora."

"Muichiro, we'll finish her together and save Onui."

The two boys then charged at the woman. She threw several kunai at the boys. Seeing this, Muichiro blown away the projectiles like before. Chiyome tried to focus on Yozora but lost sight of him.

Suddenly Chiyome felt a sword go through her stomach. She turned around and saw Yozora had impaled her while she was distracted.

"Breath of the Moon, First Form:Dark Moon - Evening Palace."

Yozora performed a quick slash while his sword was still in Chiyome's body as multiple crescent blades tore her body apart. However, she was already regenerating when the attack was over. She wasn't prepared for what happens after.

"Breath of Mist, Sixth Form:Moonlit Mist."

Muichiro leaped high in the air while Yozora attacked Chiyome. As her body was torn apart he sends a series of countless ranged slashes downwards.

"Thank you, Muichiro."

"Thank me when this is over."

Chiyome was slowly getting up. She felt her rage reaching its peak. She's had it. One way or another she was gonna kill these two demon slayers. As she looked at Yozora's face she felt her rage fly even more.

~Flashback~
"I still remember that day well."

"My ancestors were shinobi who always dedicated their lives for their lords. But one wanted power above the lords. So they did research, he wanted to create a human capable of using a Blood Demon Art. Everytime a newborn arrived he would inject them with a demon's blood. "

"Soon afterwards, that man was killed but my family was cursed by this tainted blood. Passed from generation to generation. It torments the mind and body, yet the cursed one still retains humanity. That was until i met him!"

Chiyome was seen at a shrine praying to the gods. However the sound of screaming was heard outside. She ran out and saw her husband decapitated.

"So you are the Cursed Shrine Maiden."

"WHO THE HELL ARE YO-"

Suddenly a sword was impaled in her chest. The creature walked towards her. She felt nothing but fear and helplessness.

"I am just a demon. My master was interested in you and wanted me to evaluate you. However i see that you can't fully use your curse without being a demon."

Soon then creature held Chiyome's face and forced her to drink someone's blood.

"We'll see if you are strong enough."

Soom the creature left. However, Chiyome will remember it forever. The face of the man who ruined her life. The demon who forced her into being a monster.

 The demon who forced her into being a monster

~Flashback ends~

"I WON'T LOSE!!!!!!"

Suddenly an enormous amount of Chiyome's cursed poison erupts from the ground. Taking the shape of several creatures.

"I won't lose!!!! I'll kill the pillar!!!! And you, the one who shares his face......I'LL MAKE SURE NO TRACE OF YOU IS LEFT!!!!! BLOOD DEMON ART:OMEN OF THE GREAT GOD IBUKI!!!!"

By utilizing her cursed blood and her blood demon art to their limit, she temporarily borrowed the powers of the demon who's blood was injected into her family. Soon her poison starts to grow fangs, skin, and a head. The cursed posion now took the form of several giant serpents.

"Muichiro, how are you holding up."

"I've been using my breathing to slow the poison down. But if that thing hits me, who knows."

"I'll take care of the serpents, you kill the demon."

"Right."

Soon Yozora charges forward towards the beast. Several serpent heads crash down, opening their mouth to try to eat him alive.

"Breath of the Moon, Seventh Form:Mirror of Misfortune - Moonlit."

Just as the heads were close enough, Yozora swings his sword in a powerful frontal slash that then creates a multi directional frontal assault, powerful enough to create several deep gouges in the ground .

The serpent heads and body were all torn apart. However that was short lived when their bodies returned to normal state and lunged forth.

"Damn. So they'll keep coming back no matter how much i slice them. In that case, i'll take their attention to give Muichiro a chance to strike."

"Breath of the Moon,Tenth Form:Drilling Slashes - Moon Through Bamboo Leaves."

Yozora creates a triple-layered slash twister that mowed down the serpent into three clean pieces. However like before they kept regenerating. Seeing this, Chiyome laughed.

"HAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's right, struggle and suffer. But rest assured your death will be anything but clean."

"Breath of Mist, Fourth Form:Advection Slash!"

Chiyome quickly used her sword to block a quick slash from Muichiro. However, the Mist Pillar wasn't finished yet.

"Breath of Mist, First Form:Hanging Sky, Distant Mist!"

Muichiro then goes for a straightforward thrust attack but Chiyome used her kunai to stop the attack in it's tracks. Muichiro looked at Yozora, as if silently communicating with each other.

"My blood demon art will keep that Breath of Moon user away from me. And i can handle this pillar by myself since he's worn down by my poison."

"Breath of Mist, Fifth Form......."

"Breath of the Moon,Ninth Form......"

Chiyome prepared to block more of Muichiro's attacks, but was caught off guard when he went for the serpent. Muichiro charges towards the beast while attacking at high speed and unleashes a flurry of slashes.

".....Sea of Clouds and Haze."

"You bast-"

Her sentence was cut short because while Muichiro attacked her serpent, Yozora creates a seemingly endless stream of slashes, cutting Chiyome down while he was at a far distance to stay safe from her poison. Chiyome felt her arms, legs, torso and head being ripped apart from her body

"......Waning Moonswaths."

Yozora and Muichiro stood next to each other as Chiyome's head rolled next to their feet. She was slowly crumbling away. She expected for them to ridicule her or to belittle her. She hated them, she hated Yozora the most for being so much like the demon who turned her into one but that feeling was short lived after what she heard next.

"It seems to me like you've lost a lot of things. I hope you can find what you lost in the next life. Rest in peace."

".....boy what is your name."

"Yozora."

"I see.....Yozora.....what am i?"

Soon she faded away but she heard Yozora's answers. She can rest after finally hearing someone not call her a cursed maiden or a demon.

"You're just like me.......a victim."