Chapter 34 When Calamity Meets Emptiness

"Muichiro, how are you feeling?"

Yozora is carrying Muichiro on his back. After defeating Chiyome, Muichiro's body felt numb and he couldn't walk.

"Well i can move my right hand a bit, but that's about it. I'm sorry."

"I see. I'm glad you're ok Muichiro."

They soon arrive at a staircase. The stairs keep ascending til there was an abandoned shrine on top. Yozora starts to walk up the stairs preparing his mind.

"Onui is here, but Muichiro can barely move. If this Rabo guy is really here......i'll have to fight him on my own."

"Hey Muichiro.....when we were fighting Chiyome, i heard your voice. Did you call out the name Yaboku?"

"Yes, after Chiyome showed you that ribbon and you saved me....i was reminded of my uncle named Yaboku. Why do you ask?"

"..........no reason."

Soon they reached the top of the stair case and entered the shrine. As they did, Muichiro and Yozora found themselves in a valley.

"I am glad you have arrived, child of Yaboku."

Rabo walks towards the boys

Rabo walks towards the boys. Yozora sets Muichiro down, getting his guard up. Rabo soon threw something at the boy. Yozora sensed the ki and caught it in his arms.

"Onui!!!!!"

".......Yozora.....i'm so happy you came."

Yozora hugged the girl close with tears in his eyes. He was happy to see she was alive. However his focused shifted to the man who caused this.

"Why were you after Onui?!"

"You have it wrong, Son of Yaboku...no, Yozora. I only took her because it would bring you to me."

"What?! You wanted me? Why.....WHY DID MURAMASA HAVE TO DIE?! WHY ARE YOU SO FIXATED ON ME?! I'M NOTHING SPECIAL!!! I survived a fire that killed so many people, i was forced to kill my sister Akame, someone who was born for greatness. I took her dream because that's all i got left of her. I'm not special, i'm just a guy with a task. To save everyone in front of me!!!!!"

Rabo looked at the boy for a few moments. He knew the boy would throw a tantrum but not to this extent.

"Boy, that is impossible. Your hands are just as stained with blood like mine."

"......"

"You know it too, right. I'm sure you faced humans or even demons whom you met as a human. You killed them didn't you. The reality of you killing them and the ideal that you can save people has caused some internal conflict."

"You pretend to want to save others but in truth you use that as an excuse to avoid reality. You are someone who killed their sister, you are a monster who probably let others of his home die just so he could survive. You are no hero, you're just an empty shell devoid of purpose."

Yozora clenched his fists. He wanted to deny Rabo's words, but.....he couldn't. Deep down, Yozora couldn't find it in himself to save everyone like Akame. This dream, how will he know if he finished it or even know if he started when he wasn't the one who wanted that goal.

Rabo sees this and walks to the boy. He could see he hit the mark and continues.

"I know, how about you join me. I'm like you. I was feared and known on the battlefield along with a friend of mine. I was a monster but when he came to my life i wasn't alone. Those eyes of his were like mine. Corrupted to the very core. However, that woman showed up and Yaboku left the battlefield. I fought by myself, i killed by myself, and i suffered by myself. Meanwhile Yaboku became so human that his eyes were no longer corrupt. He found salvation by abandoning me and the battlefield. I was ,and always will be, a monster on my own."

"I don't understand how you feel nor do i care to. I'm sure my father made mistakes, but he wouldn't just abandon anyone. Besides, what i don't stand about you is that you involved an innocent girl like Onui into this. You took away her Grandpa, my mentor/swordsmith. I know i can't be a hero of justice for everyone, so i'll start with what i can do."

Suddenly Yozora swung his sword as Rabo brought out his own blade to block. Rabo could see it, the hate and anger in Yozora's eyes.

"If being a hero means abandoning those i care for just to give hope to the majority, to give salvation to a select few even if it means suffering for the many....... then to hell with being a hero! If saving only Onui and my comrades makes me evil, if staining my hands with blood to protect something i cherish makes me evil..........THEN LET ME BE EVIL!!!!!"

"Hahahahahaha!!!! That's it Yozora, let the chaos and hatred in your heart spring forth. Strike me down if you can."

"Here i come, Rabo. I'll protect Onui and my friends.....from monsters like you!"