Chapter 102 Just a Pillar

Yozora was roaming the halls of the Shie Hassaikai's hideout. As he carried Rappa with him, he silently moved around to not draw attention to them.

"Turn left down this hallway, that's where the infirmary is."

Yozora nodded as he received the directions from Rappa. He turned left down the hall and found a black door. When he opened it, he found a room full of medical supplies. He puts Rappa down and closed the door.

"I may not be as good as Shinobu, but i believe i can at least stop your bleeding."

Soon Yozora looks around the room and found a first aid kit. As he was ready to treat Rappa's wounds, the man just sat there in shock.

"This brat is willing to treat my wounds and spare my life. Is it because i'm human? Is it because he's a good kid? Maybe i'll never know the answer."

Since Yozora now has all the supplies he needed, he starts to treat Rappa's wounds. As this happened, Rappa realized one thing. He was wrong about Yozora being a bloodstained killer like himself, at least to an extent. Rappa chose this path for himself, but he could tell that Yozora was forced onto this path due to circumstances.

"He's not a cold person. Yozora Tsugikuni is a warm person who's forced to adapt into a cold world."

"Alright, i bandaged you up the best that i could."

Yozora had the cold look in his eyes again. Rappa could tell one thing about this boy. His eyes were never meant to be like this. He could tell this boy was changing, and it wasn't for the better. Soon Rappa decided to change the topic for a bit.

"Yozora, those swords you used. They're different from the one you usually use. I could tell in that fight. When you used them against me, you had a look of dread on your face. Care to explain."

Yozora thought of it for a while. While his main objective is to kill Chisaki, he wasn't foolish enough to overexert himself. He knows his limits, so he thinks that resting here for a bit might help.

"Those swords....are a reminder of a regret i have."

"A regret?"

"Yeah. A man i respected took me in when i lost everything. These were the swords we used to test if i was worth his time. He trained me for four years then i started my journey. He was probably the closest thing i'll ever have to a father figure."

Rappa listened to Yozora as he said all this. It seemed like Yozora really respected the man he was talking about. Yet there was a hint of sadness behind his voice the more he talked about it.

"However, that man is long gone.
He died all because i was around. He was the first person i failed to save. Then...one after another....i kept failing to save others. These blades are a reminder of the first person i failed to save and why i started my journey to be a hero of justice. But this battle will be their first and their last use."

Rappa understood what Yozora was trying to say. The swords represent his regret and his dream to be hero of justice. The fact he said this was his first and last time using them meant one thing. He'll throw them away.....his regrets.....and his dream.

"Instead of a hero of justice and a pillar, i think it's time i grow up and just be a pillar. At least that's what my mind is telling me, but.....i don't know if i can truly throw away that dream."

Yozora stood up and walked towards the door. After resting his body and calming down, he could feel it. He could feel Kai Chisaki's ki and he's going to follow it.

"Well Rappa, this is it. Farewell."

"Heh. The hell do you mean by farewell? As long as our fight is a draw,  i'll still find you and settle the score."

Yozora stopped for a moment. Soon he turned around towards Rappa and had a smile on his face as he spoke his mind.

"I look forward to it, Kendo Rappa."

After saying goodbye to Rappa, Yozora storms through the Shie Hassaikai's base. As he ran he felt, that he was getting closer and closer to Chisaki's ki.

"Chisaki........you're a dead man."