Chapter 8 The Best Swordsmith

Yozora slowly opened his eyes. The sunlight falling upon his face. He looked around and saw he was in an abandoned house. He saw a book right next to him, but then one thought registered in his mind.

"HOLY CRAP, I'M ALIVE!!!!!!"

He couldn't help but feel happy. Since he survived he can keep going on his journey. He picked up the book that was next to him and began to read the contents inside.

"Breath of the Moon? I never heard of this. But......there's instructions here on how to train my body to use it. Though it looks like these aren't all the forms? Well first i should head back to the inn and go from there."

He started walking back. As he did he noticed two kids in front of him looking lost. One was a girl who looked to be the same age as himself, as the other was a baby boy upon her back.

"Excuse me, do you need any help?"

The young girl looked at Yozora as she had a small smile upon her lips. But then that smile vanished and a look of worry was on her face.

"Y-yes. Me and my brother were heading back to our grandpa's workshop after we all got his supplies.  But we've gotten separated from him and we don't know our way back to the inn we were staying at."

Her face was glum as the baby on her back was a bit teary eyed. Yozora felt it, he felt this girl was sad but didn't want to show it in front of that baby. In a way she was just like his sister.

"If you want i can help you. I was staying at an inn as well. I can be your guide there. Who knows, maybe your grandpa will be there too."

The girl was so happy to be helped. Her baby brother also smiled. Yozora grabbed the book that was next to him and got up as he held the girl's hand so they don't get separated.

"By the way, what are your names?"

"Oh i'm sorry. My name is Onui and this is my baby brother Tasuke."

"Heh. Nice to meet you my name is Yozora Tsu-nevermind. Anyways, let's get going."

On their way to the inn, Onui and Yozora had a talk along the way. It was nothing special. Mostly on how they did chores such as cooking and cleaning. They took breaks during the walk every now and then to check on Tasuke. But one thing was on Onui's mind.

"Yozora-san, why were you so willing to help us? I mean i'm grateful for the help but doesn't this inconvenience you?"

Yozora looked at her and Tasuke. Yes, they were strangers and he would gain nothing. But in his heart, he knew he should help them. If Akame was still here, she would've done the same.

"I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if i didn't. You two needed help, so i helped you. Its as simple as that."

Onui wasn't expecting this answer. In her mind she thought Yozora knew who her Gramps was and tried to take advantage of that. But his answer was so genuine due to the look he had in his eyes. She nodded feeling satisfied that she met a honest person.

"Onui?! Tasuke?! Where are you?"

A man is screaming their Onui and her brother's name. His voiced filled with concern. As the kids got closer they saw a young man with auburn hair and golden-brown eyes. Once he saw Onui and Tasuke he ran over to them and hugged them close.

"Thank goodness, ya knuckleheads had this old man worried."

"Grandpa!!!"

Onui shouted and Tasuke just smiled at the man as Yozora looked at them in shock seeing Onui call such a young man her grandfather. Yet he felt happy that he could reunite a family. Feeling as if he was no longer needed, he starts walking away until the man grabbed his shoulder and stopped him.

"Oi, where do you think you're going. I haven't even thanked you for bringing these brats back. I was heading back to the shop, so you can come and eat with us."

"Are you sure, i'm guy you just met. Isn't that a bit reckless?"

"Onui and Tasuke were kids you just met and you helped them, so what's the problem."

Yozora couldn't deny what the man said and he decided to go with him. Onui was glad that her Gramps took a liking to Yozora already while Tasuke was fast asleep. They all took their stuff and walked on the road. Yozora was worried that a demon would appear. The man looked at Yozora.

"Listen kid, no need to worry. My shop is located in a place where Wisteria flowers grow in large groups. We'll be safe from a demon. And if that isn't enough i'll just hack the damn thing to pieces."

Soon they arrived at the man's workshop. It looked like a regular dojo only there were dozens of blades sticking into the ground all around the place. As if they were land markers or graves. Onui and Tasuke rushed into the dojo, leaving the man and Yozora behind.

"Listen i just wanna say thanks for bringing Onui and Tasuke back. They're orphans i just so happened to find one day, but now i've grown attached. Since you helped bring them back, that makes ya reliable guy in my book."

Yozora nodded. He felt this man's presence this entire time. At first the man was worried but after seeing Yozora bring the kids back his presence was now calm and relieved.

"However i will say this. There's more to this meeting than you think. Ubayashiki sent me. He told me Akame's little brother would be at the inn. So i told the kids we'd head over there for supplies to make it convenient."

The man stared at Yozora. He could see the resemblance to him and Akame. He had a small smile on his face as he pat Yozora's head.

"I'll give you the details later, but for now let me introduce myself. I'm the guy who made the sword Akame used during her demon hunting career. My name is Sengo Muramasa."