Chapter 5 The Moon and the Night Sky

~Dream~
There stood a lone man. Sword in hand, face to face with a demon with red eyes and black hair. This man was tall, had slightly pale skin, and long black hair tied in a pony tail. He wore a purple-and-black-patterned kimono and black hakama pants tied with a white cloth. His brown eyes met with the demon's red ones. He thought to himself that his path had finally opened up for him. So he abandoned everything. His wife, his children, even his humanity. Just for a chance to achieve his goal.

~Dream ends~

Yozora suddenly wakes up in a cold sweat. He hadn't had that dream in a while. It usually happens at random so he never saw a reason to explain it to anyone.

"That dream again. Why did i have that dream now of all times"

Yozora was in a room at a nearby inn. Ubuyashiki payed for the room ,despite his rejection, so he wouldn't have to sleep outside.

"I know i said i would pass the Final Selection and become a demon slayer,but i'm not exactly a swordsman. Plus i lack a breathing style to help me."

Yozora soon decided to walk out the inn. He looked around the streets of current whereabouts. He saw a mother and a father eating with their children. He saw the citizens working with a smile on their face. He was happy they could continue living their lives, but he felt a small bit of envy. Wishing he had the chance to spend time with his parents like that.

"I need to get my act together. I'll find someone to teach me. But who? I could ask Rengoku-san, but i don't want to trouble him. I could go ask Oyakata-sama if he knows anyone that coul-"

Yozora stopped in his tracks and looked around. He was almost certain he was being watched. For as long as he can remember he had this weird sensation. People looking at him, the sound of their breathing, their smells, the motion of their muscles, his whole body was able to move based on that info. It was like a boundary between instinct and prediction that he used with all senses of his body. When something moved his body just automatically sensed it and moved accordingly, for some reason this weird sensation helped him figure out when people are lying too.

"This feeling.....why? It feels dangerous, yet familiar. Almost like its calling to me."

He wandered around, in search of this energy he felt. He didn't noticed that nighttime has already begun. He didn't care, all that mattered was finding this one thing. As if, that if he missed out his path would forever be closed.

"His face?! It's just like his. Though i can feel it. A potential inside of him that needs to be drawn out."

A lone figure stood on top of an abandoned home deep in the woods. His eyes fixed on Yozora, who was heading his way. He never met the boy and vice versa, yet he felt a connection to him. The only feelings he had were jealousy and disgust, but somewhere he felt as if this could be his second chance at completing what he had felt was unfinished. A battle, a battle that ended years ago yet he wasn't satisfied with the outcome. He felt as if this kid was meant to be here, meant to be tested, meant to become a swordsman for that reason.

"This boy, just who is he"

Yozora made it deep into the forest. And saw an abandoned home. However he noticed that it was dark out and mentally cursed himself for being reckless. Then he heard a sound, rustling in the trees.

Yozora suddenly jumped back as a knife lands near the spot he once was but it scraped the side of his leg, blood dripping from his wound.

"Marechi (Intoxicating Blood)......Marechi......"

The person who attacked Yozora revealed himself. His appearance is that of an extremely tall, slender, dark man with his right arm bandaged. His face is a skull resembling the mask with its skin and nose shaven off.

"Marechi

"Marechi.........i will devour you!!!!!"

A demon......Yozora was face to face with a demon. He was gonna die. He had no way to fight. He was gonna die without avenging his sister. Suddenly he saw a sword land beside him. He didn't know who placed it there or if it was left, but he picked it up in his hands.

"Strange....this is my first time holding a sword yet....it feels so natural."

As Yozora thought this to himself, the man who left the sword there hid in the darkness as he silently moved away.

"This will be your test boy. Should you die, you deserve it. But should you survive....i will train you. So that way when you reach your potential, reach absolute territory of strength, i will cut you down with my own hands"

This man thought to himself in that moment. This was the start that the night sky and the moon's path will cross together. He looked off behind him in the distance as he collected his last thoughts while watching the boy.

"Now then....don't disappoint me"

don't disappoint me"