Chapter 97 Not a Mistake

Tokinada was sitting inside of the church. Since Muichiro was at the pillar meeting, he had time to speak with Kotomine on their situation.

"I see you've arrived earlier than expected, Tokinada."

Tokinada turned around as he saw the priest walking towards him. As Kotomine stood next to him, he decided to tell Tokinada the news.

"The plan worked without failure. Kai Chisaki has planted seeds of doubt in Yozora's ideals. With a little push, your goal will be realized. Yozora's second personality will be the only personality should the boy reach the breaking point."

Tokinada smiled at the news. The plan seemed to be going well. All he needed was time, which he had plenty to spare. His plan and goal are so close in his reach.

"Yozora Tsugikuni......i can't wait for the day where we cross paths."

~With Yozora~
Onui was shocked by what she heard. As she held Yozora close to her, she asked him what would make him happy. But his answer proved one thing. Yozora was starting to become a more broken person.

"Sorry...it was a dumb suggestion. Let me go and we can just pretend this never happened."

Onui couldn't find what words to say. She didn't know how to feel in this moment. Yozora was suffering all this time and she only realized it now. He was this close to breaking down and she didn't even know how to help.

"So my only options are to let you go down a dark path or die with you...in that case......"

Onui hugged Yozora closer to her. Yozora was going to try to pry her off but stopped. He saw tears running down Onui's face as she was holding him.

"I.....i'd rather die than to let you go, Yozora!"

Onui meant every single word she said. She didn't want Yozora to head down a road filled with nothing but suffering. At least, not all on his own. As she cried, she felt Yozora's arms around her.

"Idiot.....i'm such a hopeless idiot."

As Onui looked up, she saw Yozora was also in tears. He felt foolish for even thinking of going through with  something like that. He felt even worse that he tried to drag Onui into it. He didn't want to die....he didn't want Onui to die either. He wants to be able to keep on living with her. As both he and Onui cried, his second personality is seen with a small smile as he mumbles to himself.

"So the idiot CAN learn to be selfish."

As Onui and Yozora both stood up, Yozora remembered something important. As he wiped away his tears, he looked at Onui.

"Hey Onui, do you want to go to the Butterfly Estate with me? A friend of mine is there and i wanted to see him again."

"Sure, but why do you want me to come along."

"Well................you said you'd rather die than let me go. Since i don't want you to die, i thought it'd be okay if you tagged along."

Yozora turned around, but Onui could've sworn she saw him blushing. As she giggled, she held his hand and walks out of the workshop with him.

"I guess i have no choice then. Let's go, Yozora."

~At the Butterfly Estate~
Zenitsu is seen lying in bed. He felt horrible after having to take some disgusting medicine. However, his mind went back to when he was in Mount Natagumo.

"I know i heard him. I heard Yozora's voice. I wonder how he's doing. Maybe he got stronger since the last time we met."

Soon Zenitsu heard knocking on the door to the room he's currently in. He told whoever was knocking to come in. As the door slid open, Zenitsu's eyes widen as he saw who it was.

"Hey, it's been a while. I'm glad you're alive, Zenitsu."

There he was. The first friend that Zenitsu made. The person who helped him in the Final Selection. As tears start forming in his eyes, Zenitsu jumped towards the person he hasn't seen in a long time.

"Yozora!!! It's really you!!! Thank goodness, you can save me from danger right."

"GET OFF ME!!! THERE'S SNOT RUNNING OUT YOUR NOSE!!!! GET OFF ME, ZENITSU!"

"Yozora, is this the friend you were talking about?"

Zenitsu stopped moving as he heard a girl's voice. He looked behind Yozora to see a beautiful girl with black hair standing in the doorway.

"Hello. You must be Yozora's friend. My name is Onui. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Zenitsu stood in shock as he saw Onui

Zenitsu stood in shock as he saw Onui. Soon he looked up at Yozora. When he did, he had an angry look and spoke in a low voice.

"Yozora........how exactly do you know this girl.........."

"Wouldn't it be weird if i didn't know her. I mean we practically lived together for as long as we can remember."

"Y-YOU BASTARD!!!!! WHILE I WAS OFF RISKING MY LIFE YOU WERE LIVING WITH A BEAUTIFUL GIRL AT YOUR CALL!!!! I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS, TRAITOR!!!! YOU DAMN TRAITOR!!!! WHILE I WAS ALMOST TURNED TO A SPIDER, YOU PROBABLY HAD THIS GIRL PATCHING YOU UP LIKE A WIFE WOULD DO FOR HER HUSBAND!!!!! Please leave now you bastard."

After Zenitsu's little rant, Yozora puts a hand on his shoulder. Zenitsu thought he was going to apologize, so he smiled. That was short lived when Yozora suddenly punched him back into his bed.

"Whoops. Sorry, my hand slipped."

"You're just as cold as ever."

Despite this, the two boys laughed. While it would seem they wouldn't get along, the two actually enjoyed each other's company. Onui saw Yozora's face as he laughed. His smile wasn't filled with sorrow and his eyes seemed to have regained some life in them.

"Yozora, i'm so glad. Your smile just now proves it. Even if you can't see it, even you can be saved. So please....don't give up hope just yet."

As Onui and Yozora started chatting with Zenitsu, Yozora didn't feel as irritated or sad like he was earlier. As he looked at Zenitsu and Onui he smiled as he thought to himself.

"I truly am blessed to have met people like them. Akame, looks like i'm not as hopeless as i thought. Saving them wasn't a mistake."