Chapter 62 Greed vs the Hero

Tamayo and Yushiro were sitting inside of their hideout. As they were, Yozora was standing at the entrance as if he was waiting for something.

Yushiro looked at Tamayo with concern. If this plan failed, he was planning on taking Tamayo with her while using Yozora as a scapegoat. Meanwhile, Tamayo was thinking of the plan they had earlier.

~Flashback~
"My plan is to get Greed to join our side."

Yozora looked at the two demons with a serious look. Both of them were in shock after hearing what he said. Yushiro found this idea insane and stood against it.

"Are you an idiot?! The bastard nearly killed me and tried to take away Lady Tamayo!!!! Yet here you go trying to recruit him. Are you aware of the risks that come with that?!"

"I wouldn't mention this idea if i knew the risk was too big to handle."

Yushiro grabbed Yozora by the collar of his shirt. He had enough of some random human barging into his and Tamayo's life and trying to make demands.

"This has nothing to do with you! Lady Tamayo and i can just run awa-"

"If your plan is just running away from every obstacle, then your resolve to protect Lady Tamayo is the most half-assed thing i've ever seen."

Yozora grabbed Yushiro's wrists and squeezed them tightly. Yushiro growled in pain and wanted to lash out at Yozora. However when he looked at Yozora's eyes, his body started shaking in fear. Instead of the normal brown color, his eyes were blue and resembled a feline. However, what scared Yushiro the most was how cold they were.

"Running away from everything won't save anybody

"Running away from everything won't save anybody. If you think that's your only option then you have no right to protect a damn thing. If you can't even see that, than all you are is a cat pretending to be a lion. Now shut up and listen to the plan. If you refuse, then don't blame me when you end up being a damn corpse."

Yushiro sat down and kept his mouth shut as he was sweating nervously. He didn't know why, but he felt as if one wrong move meant death for him. Meanwhile, Yozora bowed his head to Lady Tamayo as his eyes turned back to their normal brown color.

"I'm sorry, i let my temper get the best of me. I promise not to let that happen again."

"It's quite alright. Yushiro can be troublesome sometimes, but he's a good boy at heart. So could you tell us how you hope to make your plan work."

"I don't know how, but i felt something different in Greed's ki when he saw this."

Yozora took the ribbon that was holding his ponytail off and showed it to Tamayo. It was the ribbon that Onui gave to him before he went to his Final Selection.

"My guess is that seeing this might have caused him to remember something. When he saw it i noticed his ki becoming less hostile. But if i really want him to join us, i'll need to find a way to draw his memories back out."
~Flashback ends~