Chapter 72 Origin

Kotomine stands before Zenon with a smile on his face. While Zenon had a blank expression, he was eager to learn about the family who took him in and what their weakness maybe.

"I shall start with the simple answer. The Ryougi Family was a demon slaying family.  They were quite fearsome in the past. You see they were known for a special trait."

"A special trait?"

"You see the Ryougi family believed that mastering one skill would result in the lost of another. To counter this, they attempted to cultivate two personalities in each member of the family to allow for different skills to be learned by each. However, they had an ultimate goal that would surely be a miracle for the demon slaying world."

Zenon was in shock by what he heard. If what Kotomine said is true, that could mean Yozora has a second personality that has a perfected and cultivated mastery of swordsmanship, yet there was still more he needed to know. When the priest saw the look on Zenon's face he decided to continue.

"The ultimate goal of the Ryougi family was to give birth to a child with three personalities. Not just any normal personality, but one that can be a copy of their origin....their ancestor. When they heard their prodigy Ryougi Shiki ,the mother of Yozora, was married to someone who was part of the Tsugikuni bloodline their goal changed. They didn't want a third personality of someone of their origin, but one from the Tsugikuni's origin. In other words-"

Zenon thought about what Kotomine said. The Ryougi family wanted a child with a third personality to inherit the mastery of swordsmanship of someone from his adoptive father's origin. When he thought about it, he finally figured out what Kotomine was getting at.

"The Ryougi family wanted to make............"

"That's right Zenon, they wanted to create a second Yoriichi by having Yozora inherit a third personality. In other words, to force Yozora to be Yoriichi's successor. Now then I think you and I can benefit from each other if we work together for a while."

"I only listen to my master, you have nothing i could want, priest."

Zenon got the information he came for and planned on leaving. As he walks to the door he soon heard Kotomine laughing.

"That's a shame and here I thought you would be interested to find the Blue Spider Lily."

Zenon stopped in his tracks when Kotomine spoke. The Blue Spider Lily was something his master wanted above all else. If he got it, it would mean he succeeded. Kotomine smiled since he knew that Zenon was caught in his grasp.

"What do i have to do to get you to tell me the info on its whereabouts?"

"Oh its simple, i think you should settle that one-sided sibling rivalry you have with Yozora. If you eliminate him AND get the Blue Spider Lily i'm sure your Kibutsuji would be pleased. So then....let the battle commence."

~Timeskip 5 days, Butterfly Estate~
Yozora is seen training again, yet he had a strange feeling. It was his intuition telling him something terrible was going to take place.

Soon he puts down the wooden swords and heads back inside. While he was going back to his room he thought to himself.

"This feeling........its the same one i had when Akame died. Could......could this feeling be linked to my forgotten memories?"

He couldn't shake this terrible feeling he had. For some reason, he felt as if he was consumed by something. Though he couldn't exactly find the word for what he was feeling.

~In Shinjuku~
A young man with black hair wearing the uniform of the Demon Slayer Corps is seen roaming the streets. He was heading out the city to find the rest of his team that he was assigned with.

"Man, where could those guys be?"

"Geez, where did the others go? I knew we should've stayed as a group

"Geez, where did the others go? I knew we should've stayed as a group."

As the boy walked out of the city of Shinjuku, he immediately felt chills up his spine. When he walked ahead he heard someone's voice ahead.

"Murata.........."

"No way, it can't be."

Murata was sure that he heard the voice of one his team members. He ran forward to search for them. However he noticed something when he went to the forest to search for his comrades. The further he got from the city, the more danger he felt that he was in.

Soon Murata was deep in the forest and what he saw horrified him. He found all his comrades on the ground, their bodies in a pool of their own blood. He saw holes in there bodies where there vital organs were located. When Murata looked ahead, he saw a man walking away from the scene. The man turned his head took look behind him, but saw no one.

Murata was hiding behind a tree as his whole body was shaking

Murata was hiding behind a tree as his whole body was shaking. He knew the man was a demon and that he killed his comrades. Yet his whole body wouldn't move. Murata felt that if he's noticed by this man, he'll die instantly.

The man in question walks away as he thought to himself. He was doing two jobs. To kill as many demon slayers as possible and to find a Blue Spider Lily.

"Well Kotomine, i'm sure this ruckus i caused will make Yozora appear. As soon as i kill him, the Blue Spider Lilly will be in the master's hands real soon."

~Butterfly Estate~
Yozora was putting on his haori and getting his nichirin sword. Since he was fully recovered, he was allowed to leave. Soon his Kasugai Crow flew into the room.

"CAW!!! CAW!!!! Yozora, head to Shinjuku immediately!!!!!"

"Understood!"

Yozora grabbed his sword and walked out the estate. Now that he's fully recovered, he can finally go back out and fight. However he still had a strange feeling that he couldn't ignore.

"This feeling.......i have a feeling something terrible is coming my way."

~At the Church~
At the church on top of the hill Kotomine stood in silence. Meeting Yozora and giving Zenon information brought something very interesting to his eyes. As he walks away from the altar he couldn't help but smile.

"Rejoice, young man. Your wish will, at last, come true. For a Hero of Justice needs a villain to defeat."