Female! Luka x Short! Reader

I stand with Marinette, Alya, Juleka, and Rose. We are currently waiting at the front of a crowd held back by a barrier. Luka's concert was supposed to start twenty minutes ago, but we haven't seen any sign of her.

Luka got us VIP passes, so we squeeze our way through the crowd to the side. We show our VIP passes to a security guard before we go backstage. I eventually spot Luka in the back corner talking with someone wearing a headset.

I point her out to the group.

"Go talk to her, (Y/N)."

I look back at them, confused.

"Don't you guys want to hype Luka up too?"

All of them, including Rose, give me a look that just screams '(Y/N), you dense motherfucker'. I nod in response and walk over to Luka. She immediately goes quiet when I approach, and headset guy scowls at me. I ignore him, though.

"Luka, aren't you going to perform? Everyone is waiting for you."

Luka just increases her grip on the guitar. Headset guy scoffs.

"That's what I've been saying for the past half hour!"

Headset guy gives a heavy sigh. I place a hand on Luka's shoulder.

"Come on, now. The group is waiting for you to rock this show. I'm waiting for you to floor everyone with your amazing solos. Let's do it."

Luka shivers from my touch before smiling. She gives a confident smile and nods. I find the group by listening for Rose's high pitched voice. I give everyone a thumbs up right before the lights dim.

The crowd goes quiet. We hear someone walk across the stage. A silhouette stands at the center and looks in our direction. I smile as the silhouette raises their hand. The arm snaps down and a single note fills the entire area.

The crowd goes wild. Yep. The wait was worth it.

The sound simmers down.

Click. Click. Click.

Someone slams on a cymbal, then all the lights suddenly turn on, revealing Luka in the center of the cacophony. Sure, there are backup guitars, bass, and drums, but anyone can tell Luka's notes are what this entire song is built around.

I look around as Luka's song goes on. This crowd loves her. She really had nothing to worry about.

Before Luka starts a solo, she removes her leather jacket and throws it into the crowd. More specifically, she throws it at me. I snatch that jacket from the air so fast even I couldn't believe I did it. I just cheer louder and tune out everything except the music.

When the song ends, I actually jump up in my cheer while the curtains close. Marinette and Alya keep me from falling over. I put on Luka's leather jacket as we go backstage again. For once, headset guy looks happy.

Luka waves us over, but her eyes stay on me once she notices I'm wearing her leather jacket.

"Damn, Luka. This is comfy. No wonder people like to wear these. Also, I know you threw it at me, but do you want it back? I know it's your favorite."

Luka frantically waves her hands and shakes her head. Alya turns and gives a knowing look to the group.

"Darn... I sure am tired. I think I'm going to head back for the night. What about the rest of you?"

Marinette, Juleka, and Rose all start yawning and stretching along with Alya. Huh. Weird.

After they bid us farewell, it's just the two of us. Luka looks nervous, but the good kind of nervous. She's smiling like she's trying so hard to keep in a secret.

Once we're definitely alone, Luka takes my hands in hers. She towers over me. If we weren't friends, I would think she's trying to kidnap me.

Luka takes a few deep breaths.

"Hey, hey, you, you! I want to be your girlfriend!"

Did... she just ask me out using a lyric from an Avril Lavigne song? Yeah, she sang it alright.

I smile and do my best to hold in a laugh. I lightly pull Luka down and she meets me halfway. She's too tall, I can't even wrap my arms around her neck or else I'll be dangling a few inches in the air.

I slide a hand into Luka's dyed hair. This color always suits her, no matter what.

"WOOOOOOOO!!"

We jerk away from each other at the sudden shout and turn to the side. Sometime during the kiss, the curtain was raised.

I immediately gored, unaware of how long we were like that in front of all those people.

"WOOOO! PRIDE!"

This time, I don't hold in my laugh as the crowd starts clapping. Luka soon joins me before initiating another kiss. I don't mind hanging a few inches of the ground this time.