Kagami x Suicidal! Reader

Trigger Warning: Suicide attempt

I sit in class quietly. Everyone else looks so happy and content with life.

Anytime someone speaks to me, I throw on the fake smile and engage in conversation. As soon as they leave, my face falls back to a neutral expression.

I'd rather not have anyone worrying for me today. I just want to leave everyone happy when I finally go.

As class ends, I give my last genuine smile to Ms. Bustier.

I catch Kagami before she completely leaves. She raises an eyebrow.

"(Y/N), is something wrong?"

Was she really able to tell something is off with me that quickly?

I shake my head and rummage around in my backpack. I smile as I pull out a small box. Inside is an ornate ring and a suicide note.

I give it to Kagami and pull her in for a kiss. We're not dating, and unfortunately, we never will, but I thought I should be honest with her about this.

Kagami tenses up as I pull away, almost like she misses the contact.

"Please do not open this box until you get home."

Kagami nods and blushes as I walk away. I trust her to follow my one instruction.

Instead of going home, I go to the Eiffel Tower.

I look around. There are so many happy families walking around. I'll wait until it gets a bit darker.

Until then, I climb all the stairs of the Eiffel Tower and sit near the top. I look at the people walking below.

Mylène's dad is performing for a small crowd, Mr. Ramier is feeding the pigeons, and Ladybug is swinging away after defeating a villain.

Another reason to do this. My death results in one less person needing to be protected by Ladybug and Cat Noir. It will come as a small weight lifted off their shoulders.

I look at the setting sun. It's low enough now that the Eiffel Tower's lights will come on soon. Most of the people have also left at this point.

I exhale slowly before climbing the fence at the top. It keeps people from accidentally falling off, but if someone deliberately climbs it? That's a different story.

I hang from the outside of the fence.

All I have to do is push myself off. All I have to do is let go and let gravity do the rest.

No one on the ground has noticed me yet. I was unnoticed in life, and now I'll be unnoticed in death.

With one last sigh, I unhook my fingers from the fence. I fall backwards, gaining speed every second.

Well, if I learned one thing, it would be Newton's second law: Force equals mass times acceleration.

The best part is that I'm not looking at the ground. I just see the sky and feel the wind against my body. It's just a matter of time until I hit the ground.

Right now, the wind is soothing to me even though I know I'm falling to my death. Wait.

A sudden wind current slows my fall and gently lowers me to a lower level of the Eiffel Tower. I land in someone's arms.

I look up at whoever wanted to keep me from dying.

Ryuko?

At least, I think that's what the current holder of the Dragon Miraculous wanted to be called.

The wind symbol on their chest is blacked out. Ryuko pulls me into a tight hug once she sees I'm alright. She cradles my head on her chest as she holds me protectively.

"(Y/N), if you need anyone to talk to, I am here, both inside and outside the hero persona."