Alix x Anxious! Reader

Ugh. Today is not a good day.

My anxiety is through the roof and I can't stop worrying. There's not even a villain around! Stop thinking these thoughts!

What is that?

Ah!

Oh... It was just my shadow.

I try to make the jitters go away on my own, but of course it doesn't work.

Am I just doomed to be eternally anxious?

I keep an eye out as I go to the locker room. Who knows? A villain could swoop down at any second and blast us all to bits.

I smack my forehead a few times as I realize what I'm thinking.

"Stop. Having. These. Thoughts."

I rub that spot immediately after, knowing it will leave a red mark. I find Alix sitting on a bench looking at her phone. I sit next to her in an attempt to calm down.

Alix puts her phone down as she turns to me while raising an eyebrow.

"Uh... Sorry. I'm-"

"Having those thoughts again? I get it. Sometimes, you just have to take those thoughts and punch them right in their stupid faces, you know?"

Ah... yeah... I know.

Alix's eyes dart up to my forehead. I flinch and cower a bit when Alix raises her hand. She presses her thumb on my forehead.

"He he, it's like pressing a button."

I feel my face contort at the sheer stupidity of that comment before starting to laugh.

Shortly after, Alix is laughing too, and it's just our giggles that fill the empty space.

"I haven't heard you laugh like that in a long time. It's a nice laugh, better than Chloé's cackle."

I smile, now noticing that I'm no longer jittery or constantly thinking about what terrible things could happen next.

Alix's hand slips into my own as she gives me a quick peck on the lips.

Fuck. Now I'm jittery again.

Why did she do that?

Does Alix pity me? Does she genuinely like me? Was it just a stupid dare? I can never tell.

I finally look Alix in the eyes when she runs her thumb over my knuckles.

"There are a lot of things to be anxious about, but I'll show you how to get past that and live life to the fullest."