Zoé x Dupain-Cheng! Reader Part 2

"I'm, uh, here for Zoé. My name is (Y/N)."

The doorman stares down at me with a blank expression. Those few moments seem like an eternity in the void.

He finally opens the door, the corner of his mouth quirking up when I hurry inside.

Shortly after, a butler approaches me.

"How may I help you, madam?"

As I am about to answer, someone stomping steals my attention.

"Butler Jean! I need your help with something! (Y/N)? If you're here for my sister, you might as well just leave. She's busy right now."

Busy? Now I know that's a lie. Zoé would have told me if something came up last minute.

Chloé turns to leave when Butler Jean starts walking toward her. He leans back a bit as he passes me.

"Room 617."

I smile as he hurries along. I hurry along as well. I don't want to keep Zoé waiting.

I clear my throat as I knock on Zoé's door. I hear an 'eep' from the other side.

"Just a second!"

I frown as I'm suddenly bombarded with thoughts.

Does my hair look okay? Is my outfit okay? I don't look like I was just in a tornado, do I?

Wait! I haven't even thought about what to do. I know Zoé invited me, but what if she doesn't have anything planned either? Are we just going to sit there in awkward silence?

What about-

I cease my excessive grooming as the door opens. As always, I'm awestruck when I see Zoé.

She moves aside to let me in.

"So, I was thinking we could watch a movie together. If you want anything to eat or drink, I can get something for you, and..."

Zoé keeps talking, but I space out as I'm just staring at her.

She'll get me something if I ask? No wonder I like her. She doesn't push Butler Jean, as well as any of the other servants to their limits with constant requests and poor attitudes.

I know that's what they're there for, to serve others since they're being paid to do it, but everyone deserves to be treated with kindness, even if they mess up.

"...is that okay, (Y/N)?"

I blink a few times before focusing on Zoé again. I quickly nod my head.

"Yep! That's A-okay! Perfectly fine... just like you... Uh I mean the decision! Yeah! Whatever decision you make, I'm sure it's the best one."

Zoé doesn't comment on my little spiel and starts the movie.

From the music and setting of the movie, it looks like a romance movie.

Even from the beginning, I only pay attention to Zoé. How am I not supposed to when she's less than three feet from me?

I constantly steal glances so she doesn't think I'm staring at her.

With every glance, I pay attention to each feature.

Her eyes, her smooth skin, her lips...

We're going to make a great future couple.

"Oh Jacques! I don't know how I'll survive without you by my side!"

"Marie, we have to do this. We will be together in the long run. Right now, we have to do this one step at a time."

I cringe at the acting. What kind of poorly made teenage romance movie is this?

The couple kiss passionately as the music kicks it up. Even with the acting, I blush at the kiss.

I glance over at Zoé and she's already looking at me. A blush also covers her cheeks as the movie continues to play.

I lean forward, only to be met halfway.

My heart is pounding in my chest. I'm kissing Zoé. I'm really kissing Zoé right now.

My mind is exploding with all the possibilities of our future together. This is only the first step in that long process.

As we separate, I'm full of bliss. I never thought I would get this chance.

"Stay here. I'll go see if the kitchen has your favorite dish."